Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hedo 2 2011 - Hedo Amigos or Cocktails???

Hedo 2 2011 - Hedo Amigos or Cocktails???

We're planning our first Hedo trip in 2011 and looks like the best times for us to travel would be with Hedo Amigos in late March or with Cocktails International in late July. We're in our 30's and mainly interested in a good 20's-40's age group. Both groups seem to be highly recommended. Appreciate any advice or reviews on our two options, especially from people who are familiar with both groups.

xox

Blog Entries
    We are a little biased, so we'll refrain from voting

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

well, now you have two dates set, why don't you look at your external choices.
    Price of flying/hotel in March as apposed to July.
    The weather
    The weather where you live v. the jamaican weather. Don't know about you, but around March, I need a good thaw.
    Is it more convenient to take vacation in March or July?
    Are there important events in march or july back home that you don't want to miss
    (Ie; look at the birthday calendar)

Heod Amigos or Cocktails??

Quote Originally Posted by magjoy View Post
    well, now you have two dates set, why don't you look at your external choices.
    Price of flying/hotel in March as apposed to July.
    The weather
    The weather where you live v. the jamaican weather. Don't know about you, but around March, I need a good thaw.
    Is it more convenient to take vacation in March or July?
    Are there important events in march or july back home that you don't want to miss
    (Ie; look at the birthday calendar)
    March and July are pretty much equal for us...both would be good times for us to travel. Since it's our first trip and we don't know any of the groups, we're just doing our research, so would like to know what to expect with either of these groups. We're fairly new to the lifestyle, in our 30's, and hoping to find a fun groups with hot singles and cpls in the 20-40'ish range.

Quote Originally Posted by hare2party View Post
    We are a little biased, so we'll refrain from voting
    I will too...but!

Either week you choose will be a great week...I know the Amigos throw a hell of a party and from everything I have read and heard, Cocktails is an awesome group also!! I guess it just comes down to when it is best for you to go! April will be a little more expensive but the weather is a little better and it is closer!! July will be a little cheaper and a little hotter!! Planning is part of the fun of a Hedo trip...have fun choosing!

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

Ok, now which date is sooner?
    THAT is the date I would now pick, all things being relatively equal.

Ok, now which date is sooner?
    THAT is the date I would now pick, all things being relatively equal.
    So how would the occupancy rate at H2 compare between late March (during Amigos/Wild Women) and late July (during Cocktails) or would they be about the same? I guess normal occupancy rates are about to change with the H3 crowd moving over for 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by NLHottie View Post
    So how would the occupancy rate at H2 compare between late March (during Amigos/Wild Women) and late July (during Cocktails) or would they be about the same? I guess normal occupancy rates are about to change with the H3 crowd moving over for 2011.
    I don't think anyone can predict occupancy after Hedo 3 closes. As folks have said already, pick the date that best suits your schedule. If you don't deal well with a lot of heat and humidity, March might be better, but it still boils down to resort and airline rates. Both groups are great from all we have heard. We know folks who have been with both groups and they had a great trip.

NL, I would prefer March for a few reasons. (but you might prefer otherwise)
    A; july is MUCH hotter, the humidity is ungodly higher and the occupancy is pretty damned high.
    I don't like HIGH occupancy. getting food and drinks takes a lot longer. The line for Charlie's omelets are obnoxiously long as well as jerk chicken, and lunch at the cafe.
    Though, I'm not the most patient person in the world.

B, I am freezing my ass off in march at home. so whatever the temp is in Jamaica, it's warmer than here.

You will almost always find some swingers @ hedo, but the 1st two weeks is mainly swingers, as is many weeks in January. however, in July was, I'd have to say the average *looking* age was over 45.

I think right now, your last option to figure out is how damned hot you want it to be!
    (or the soonest you can book)

NL, I would prefer March for a few reasons. (but you might prefer otherwise)
    A; july is MUCH hotter, the humidity is ungodly higher and the occupancy is pretty damned high.
    I don't like HIGH occupancy. getting food and drinks takes a lot longer. The line for Charlie's omelets are obnoxiously long as well as jerk chicken, and lunch at the cafe.
    Though, I'm not the most patient person in the world.

B, I am freezing my ass off in march at home. so whatever the temp is in Jamaica, it's warmer than here.

You will almost always find some swingers @ hedo, but the 1st two weeks is mainly swingers, as is many weeks in January. however, in July was, I'd have to say the average *looking* age was over 45.

I think right now, your last option to figure out is how damned hot you want it to be!
    (or the soonest you can book)

March is sounding good because it is closer and it won't be so hot and humid as July...but still probably a little early to decide just yet so we'll keep researching for awhile longer. When you said in your last post that the "1st two weeks is mainly swingers, as is many weeks in January", did you mean the 1st two weeks of March or the 1st two weeks of Jan is mainly swingers? Thanks for all the great advice! I'm sure we won't go wrong with whatever dates we pick!

Quote Originally Posted by NLHottie View Post
    March is sounding good because it is closer and it won't be so hot and humid as July...but still probably a little early to decide just yet so we'll keep researching for awhile longer. When you said in your last post that the "1st two weeks is mainly swingers, as is many weeks in January", did you mean the 1st two weeks of March or the 1st two weeks of Jan is mainly swingers? Thanks for all the great advice! I'm sure we won't go wrong with whatever dates we pick!

The 1st two weeks of July. With hedo III closing, you may want to kinda maybe hurry up and decide. No pressure.. haha.

The 1st two weeks of July. With hedo III closing, you may want to kinda maybe hurry up and decide. No pressure.. haha.
    Really??? Are you serious or kidding? Do you think there will be that much demand due to the H3 closing that we should soon make reservations for spring 2011? I was thinking more like making reservations in the fall. Are the rates always the same or are there specials that we should wait and watch for? We're total newbies and have no idea what we're doing, so appreciate all good advice. We wouldn't want to miss out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Face Down View Post
    I will too...but!

April will be a little more expensive but the weather is a little better and it is closer!! July will be a little cheaper and a little hotter!! Planning is part of the fun of a Hedo trip...have fun choosing!
    For us, March/April is too cold. We have been to H3 twice in late March and the pool is too cold to spend much time in. We like the HEAT in July.

Decisions, Decisions ... if only all of life's decisions were like this one

www.cocktailsintl.com

i agree with magjoy - i actually like it when its less crowded (at least at h3). but that being said both times might be pretty crowded now that h3 is gone.
    july has been generally cheaper than march - including plane tickets (esp with march being spring break/vacation time. that all being said, we were originally going to go this july with the wild women group and they were going at the same time as cocktails international. we were quite excited to be going around the same time as them (i feel like i have seen more post from people who are part of the cocktails international group- than the march group)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aliyt View Post
    i agree with magjoy - i actually like it when its less crowded (at least at h3). but that being said both times might be pretty crowded now that h3 is gone.
    july has been generally cheaper than march - including plane tickets (esp with march being spring break/vacation time. that all being said, we were originally going to go this july with the wild women group and they were going at the same time as cocktails international. we were quite excited to be going around the same time as them (i feel like i have seen more post from people who are part of the cocktails international group- than the march group)
    "originally"? You are still more than welcome!

www.cocktailsintl.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast