Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best time for younger crowd at H2

Best time for younger crowd at H2

I me and my girlfriend are planning a trip to hedo 2 in either late october or early november. We are both in our late 20's young attractive couple. We are looking to go around the same time as people around our age. We understand H2 is generally a older crowd, but when would be a good time to find people in the 20's and 30's ? Any suggestions would help !

Well, your time frame is going to make that a bit difficult. The end of October and the first week of November are often the very busiest times at Hedo (Halloween and Anniversary (Nov 1st)). They are also HUGE repeater times and the big group (The Bubbly Bares) has been going since Hedo was opened (over 25 years ago)...that said, they are definitely an older group. Same is true of the 2nd week in November, it is a big repeater time and the average age is probably 40s.

Any chance you can find some other dates? If you can move to Nov 13-21 you'll overlap with LoveVooDoo and they seemed to have a younger crowd in general...which I bet you would find more to your liking. If you can work those dates I think you'll be pleased! Hope this helps.

Liz
    Liz & Chris

Thanks for the reply ! Its not that I have an issue with the older crowd at all, I just dont want it to be all an older crowd and us stand out. Is this time always genernally all older ? The problem is we are from the east coast of canada and direct flights to jamica stop in this time frame. If we go later than we have to fly to toronto first which ads another cost to the trip. So maybe earlier but than we are getting into hurricane season. As well after I imagine rates start to go up for peak season ??

We really want to go and are very anxious to set a date, just trying to find the best time that would make for a rewarding tinme there ;-)

I don't know how much you'd stand out, there are often a few younger people there (20s being younger), there are always people in their mid to late 30s. I was just figuring you would prefer being with the younger crowd later in the month. It is a really fun time the week we go, if that works for you (6-13th of November). Hurricane season doesn't officially end til the end of November.....but usually things are fairly quiet by the 5th or so...but never say never when it comes to the weather as we all know. And yes, end of October and beginning of November have always been when the crowd is a bit older as these are the biggest repeater times and the people have been coming for years and years and years ... we're on year 10 and I was in my late 30s when we started going.

Rates are definitely higher for Halloween/Anniversary week.
    Liz & Chris

You'll hate Hedo. It's filled with OLD, UGLY, UNATTRACTIVE old farts who have way too much fun, who can eat, drink, sc**ew the youngsters under the table (or on top). If uyour idea of fun is young attractive ideal people then go to Sandles, or some place else. We oldsters are way too busy to entertain you. And you'll hate visiting us in Toronto for a fast 4 hour trip to Jamaica.

Age is not the problem in Hedo. Forget it. And the old farts were young once and some of them have been doing Hedo for 30 years. We know what we are speaking of.

PNK

Come and go the first week of August. A little less crowded and always fun...except for last year I hear. We have been going this time of year and are in our 30s and fit in fine. No worries, mon. DIF is awful right now. 5 weeks and counting.

Blog Entries
    Or come to H3 the second week of August with the Jamaican Booze Crew. We have a mix of ages and are always fun to party with. We usually have at least one couple from the east coast of Canada and have never had a problem with hurricanes. We're also the last group to ever go to H3 - you could join us and make history!

PNK... It's spelled "Sandals". (cackle...) Agree with your comments.

Canada C: Rest assured, you will be among the youngest and (probably) most popular folks in late Oct or early Nov. Indeed, age tends to be a rather minor consideration at Hedo, since so many folks have a youthful zesty outlook. So you'll probably feel very comfortable regardless of when you go.

Chris
    Last edited by chrisandlizvt; 06-28-2010 at 10:10 PM.

We were actually thinking of either October or November the next time we go. We met on Oct. 5 '06, been together ever since and, her birthday is in November. We had our trip to Hedo already this year. Got married at H3 on March 27. We're thinking of trying H2 because of the changes to H3. It was our virgin trip and loved the atmosphere.
    We're from just north of Toronto...and my name is Chris.
    All the best.
    "No dress rehersal, this is our life"

Hedo III - March 24 - 31, 2010

My Husband and I went on Halloween last year which turned out to be a huge celebration. We are not old older or aging and I didn't notice anybody else being any of those either. However I did notice a whole lotta people having a non stop party. We had a the best time of our lives. We have to go some where else for Halloween this year. *sucks* Go when you want if you have a bad time (and I am sure you won't) then hell you probably didn't need to go anyways

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada_Chris View Post
    Thanks for the reply ! Its not that I have an issue with the older crowd at all, I just dont want it to be all an older crowd and us stand out. Is this time always genernally all older ? The problem is we are from the east coast of canada and direct flights to jamica stop in this time frame. If we go later than we have to fly to toronto first which ads another cost to the trip. So maybe earlier but than we are getting into hurricane season. As well after I imagine rates start to go up for peak season ??

We really want to go and are very anxious to set a date, just trying to find the best time that would make for a rewarding tinme there ;-)
    Unless you're wearing a chicken suit, a full blown Superman costume at the nude pool, have 121 piercings or two dicks, chances are you won't stand out at Hedo (and there is a good possibility that even if you do have or are wearing any of the above, there is someone else who is more outlandish than you). One thing I can tell you for absolute certain is that you won't stand out on any week simply because you're in your late 20's.
    8/9/11 to 8/21/11 SOON COME, BUT NOT SOON ENOUGH!!! Kitten & Angel's Spring Fling 4/5/12 to 4/14/12

We live in Southern Indiana across the Ohio River from Louisville, KY.
    Don't feel bad about being young. We were all young once. Trust you'll get through it. Even if the older crwod stares while you do it.....
    Seriously though age is just a number and that is never more evident than at Hedo. You'll be fin no matter what time you go.
    J & R

Quote Originally Posted by PNK View Post
    You'll hate Hedo. It's filled with OLD, UGLY, UNATTRACTIVE old farts who have way too much fun, who can eat, drink, sc**ew the youngsters under the table (or on top). If uyour idea of fun is young attractive ideal people then go to Sandles, or some place else. We oldsters are way too busy to entertain you. And you'll hate visiting us in Toronto for a fast 4 hour trip to Jamaica.

Age is not the problem in Hedo. Forget it. And the old farts were young once and some of them have been doing Hedo for 30 years. We know what we are speaking of.

PNK

PNK you seem to be following my posts around with your negative comments. As you were, we are hedo virgins and just trying to gather some information. If you have nothing positive to say, then dont say it at all. Is there a problem with asking a question on when people our age tend to go ? Is there a problem enjoying the company of people our age ? Is this not why the younger crowd tended to go to H3 and older H2 ? Were not saying we just want younger people but we want a time when there is a good mix and some people our age to mingle and play with. And Im not asking anyone too entertain me, esspcially a cranky "old fart" like you. And just one last comment on your rude comment about us going to toronto, read my post, it mentions that it is MORE EXPENSIVE FOR US to fly to toronto first thats why we want to go to around our time frame. When you are looking at 3000 per person as it is couple hundred more bucks counts and gives me the right too ask these questions. Please keep your rude comments to yourself.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Canada_Chris View Post
    PNK you seem to be following my posts around with your negative comments. As you were, we are hedo virgins and just trying to gather some information. If you have nothing positive to say, then dont say it at all. Is there a problem with asking a question on when people our age tend to go ? Is there a problem enjoying the company of people our age ? Is this not why the younger crowd tended to go to H3 and older H2 ? Were not saying we just want younger people but we want a time when there is a good mix and some people our age to mingle and play with. And Im not asking anyone too entertain me, esspcially a cranky "old fart" like you. And just one last comment on your rude comment about us going to toronto, read my post, it mentions that it is MORE EXPENSIVE FOR US to fly to toronto first thats why we want to go to around our time frame. When you are looking at 3000 per person as it is couple hundred more bucks counts and gives me the right too ask these questions. Please keep your rude comments to yourself.
    thanks
    PNK was joking with you, dude. Don't prove his point by being so uptight.

He did have something positive to say. Age is a stupid thing to be concerned about at Hedo!

Finding people in your same age group has nothing to do with why people went to H3 vs. H2. Having the Quad at H3 was probably it's biggest draw for younger folks.

During my trips to H3 I would put the MEDIAN age at 42. From talking to H2 folks I'd put the MEDIAN age there at 46. Bottom line is the majority of people at either Hedo year round are probably in their 40's. There is probably at "good mix" of people at Hedo every day of the year, but I would bet that there is rarely a day that the median age drops below 40.

I'd be surprised if there was ever a single day in the entire history of Hedo where the median age of the crowd was in the 20's.

I believe this median age is in the 40-50 range for two reasons.

1) This is when people tend to be in their peak earning years. You do mention money as a problem.

2) This is when people (especially women) start to get past their EGOS. At Hedo you'll see a lot of the youngest and most attractive people (especially women) at the Quad or on the prude side, because they are so uptight about even the smallest blemishes on their bodies, and they only come to the nude side (where most of the real fun is) well after dark. The Quad at H3 gave the younger folks a better place to be uptight and still have a decent party. There's no decent party on the prude side at either Hedo, I'm sure. The older folks are in party mode on the nude side 24/7.

PNK is just being honest.

There are probably always people at Hedo in your age range, but there are never going to be a lot of them, and they probably aren't going to be the funniest folks there anyway.
    Adversity is like a flame, it melts the weak but it tempers the strong.

Just wanted to chime in here. My wife and I are 28 and 29. We're going to be at H2 Sept. 18th-25th. We made our first trip to Hedo 3 when we got married a couple of years ago. We had the similar concerns. Its funny though because in the end, we really never ended up gravitating to the people our own age. Its been said before, but just to say it again. The Hedo Vetrans know what's up, beyond the shadow of a doubt. They will out drink you, out party you and stay up WAY longer. Its a lot of fun to experience. Nothing quite like getting a water bomb to the head from someone old enough to be your mom (well, a pretty young mom) and turning to see the complete joy and look of youth on her face. Truthfully, not only are the vetrans a great crowd to party with, but you never know what you're going to talk about hanging around the pool, who you're going to meet. We've heard some of the greatest stories and received some of the most sound advise at Hedo. Being in your 20s, you're going to be the minority...kind of accept that now and move on because it truly doesn't matter. You won't stand out. The only people that stick out are the judgmental weirdos, which you're not...so take advantage of the cheaper flights, grab your girl and have a blast in Jamaica. You won't regret it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast