Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Hedo workout plan?? oh lord...

Question Pre-Hedo workout plan?? oh lord...

SO...needless to say, even though we're 270 days away from our first Hedo trip, I'm already just a tad nervous about my physical appearance. I've read over and over that people are relaxed and don't care what you look like, but I DO!!

Anyone have a pre-Hedo workout to trim a bit of the fat off? I just started the Couch-to-5K program and I'm struggling but will prevail. Cutting some fat and empty sugar calories out of the diet, but I fear it won't be enough.

I also have scars fckn everywhere...including a hysterectomy scar that's usually well-hidden...not at Hedo LOL.

Any advice would be appreciated, even if it's a virtual slap on the face and a "chill the fuck out."

Hell, I have 9 months, right?!?
    Angie
    H2 27APR-5MAY 2013
    H2 4FEB-11FEB 2012

Diet and exercise is the way to go ! There is also a thread on the general area about work out and exercise , check it out it is a good thread started by Paul of cop and kitten . It's a good place to find out what is up.
    Bob

Back again !
    Hedo 2 6-16-25 2017with The Hedo Rockers !
    Group Info
    www.wildwomenvacations.com
    www.hedorockers.com
    Hedo Amigo's 3 -11-18 2017 !
    Hero Amigo Lite 9-30-10-7-2017 !
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !

Quote Originally Posted by keystone View Post
    Diet and exercise is the way to go ! There is also a thread on the general area about work out and exercise , check it out it is a good thread started by Paul of cop and kitten . It's a good place to find out what is up.
    Bob
    Outstanding! I know Paul's lost a ton of weight so I guess he's the go-to guy. Thanks for your help. I don't really want to lose weight, but just rearrange the weight I have :P

Thanks again!
    Angie
    H2 27APR-5MAY 2013
    H2 4FEB-11FEB 2012

Registered User CARRIBEAN BUFFS's Avatar
    PhotogFlight, I wouldn't say Hedo people don't care what you look like. They just accept you the way your are. You do have to satisfy yourself by trying to be the best you can be, but life throws wrenches into our best laid plans for self improvement all the time. Training that is definitely required to survive Hedo. Ability to drink a lot of alcohol in any given 24 hr period, ability to survive on very little(if any) sleep in that same 24 hr period. Finally, have the ability to find your way in the dark.(probably in more ways than one)

Blog Entries
    cut out the carbs, no white bread or pastry's. Add fish (if you like it) and vegetables. You'll be fine.

Really no one cares about what the real life has done to your body, we all have some scars, or some personal body character builders.
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

The typical Hedo diet is something like this: A full breakfast with a big cheese omelet, and bacon. Add a few slices of fruit (it's healthy). Loads of coffee and juice, and a couple of those excellent croissants.

During the morning have a few mixed drinks (and loads of water). Skip lunch -- to cut the calories.

But by mid afternoon, after a few more drinks, ask for a small plate of jerk chicken (about half a bird) and a heap of fries, and a couple of beers (the trace elements are good for you!).

Don't scrimp on dinner (after all you have paid for all inclusive, all you can eat). Also remember, the deserts are cut small, so half a dozen are OK. Don't forget to wash it all down with a few drinks, and a few more for good measure, and to get you nerve up for the late night hot tub.

If you get peckish, there's always the midnight buffet. And the bar is still open.

A few days like that and not only will you not be worrying about excess weight, but you will not care about other people's weight.

So get in practice right now. Start slowly and build up. Then you'll fit right in with the rest of us.

Or you could do as suggested above and cut down on food intake. Choose which ever course meets your inner needs. 'Cause nobody else will care. We will all be heading to or from the bar!

PNK

Registered User CARRIBEAN BUFFS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by takemetonegril View Post
    cut out the carbs, no white bread or pastry's. Add fish (if you like it) and vegetables. You'll be fine.

Really no one cares about what the real life has done to your body, we all have some scars, or some personal body character builders.
    I agree. Being the female half of Carribean Buffs I am the one that always wants to get rid of those last 5lbs. This past trip I succeeded and it was the cut back in bread and pasta they are the nasty ones that add our weight. Also Walking alot helped. It just always makes you feel better about yourself however if I hadn't of lost the 5lbs I am sure I still would have went. To tell you the truth as long as hubby says I look great thats really all I care about.

Quote Originally Posted by PNK View Post
    The typical Hedo diet is something like this: A full breakfast with a big cheese omelet, and bacon. Add a few slices of fruit (it's healthy). Loads of coffee and juice, and a couple of those excellent croissants.

During the morning have a few mixed drinks (and loads of water). Skip lunch -- to cut the calories.

But by mid afternoon, after a few more drinks, ask for a small plate of jerk chicken (about half a bird) and a heap of fries, and a couple of beers (the trace elements are good for you!).

Don't scrimp on dinner (after all you have paid for all inclusive, all you can eat). Also remember, the deserts are cut small, so half a dozen are OK. Don't forget to wash it all down with a few drinks, and a few more for good measure, and to get you nerve up for the late night hot tub.

If you get peckish, there's always the midnight buffet. And the bar is still open.

A few days like that and not only will you not be worrying about excess weight, but you will not care about other people's weight.

So get in practice right now. Start slowly and build up. Then you'll fit right in with the rest of us.

Or you could do as suggested above and cut down on food intake. Choose which ever course meets your inner needs. 'Cause nobody else will care. We will all be heading to or from the bar!

PNK
    Now that's great advice My liver and my smile might be the only things ready for Hedo at this point LOL
    Angie
    H2 27APR-5MAY 2013
    H2 4FEB-11FEB 2012

Quote Originally Posted by CARRIBEAN BUFFS View Post
    I agree. Being the female half of Carribean Buffs I am the one that always wants to get rid of those last 5lbs. This past trip I succeeded and it was the cut back in bread and pasta they are the nasty ones that add our weight. Also Walking alot helped. It just always makes you feel better about yourself however if I hadn't of lost the 5lbs I am sure I still would have went. To tell you the truth as long as hubby says I look great thats really all I care about.

I hear ya Carribean Buffs - 5lbs down over here errr mummble mummble lbs and 44 days to go. Let's see what happens.....

Quote Originally Posted by CARRIBEAN BUFFS View Post
    it was the cut back in bread and pasta they are the nasty ones that add our weight.
    Carbs are my weak spot. I'd rather lop off an ear than give up pasta. UGH.
    Angie
    H2 27APR-5MAY 2013
    H2 4FEB-11FEB 2012

nine months-youll be a new born lol

Quote Originally Posted by coolpilot View Post
    nine months-youll be a new born lol
    I think I'll FEEL like one the first time I step outside naked in public.
    Angie
    H2 27APR-5MAY 2013
    H2 4FEB-11FEB 2012

Quote Originally Posted by PhotogFlight View Post
    Carbs are my weak spot. I'd rather lop off an ear than give up pasta. UGH.
    Me too! Hubby knows that desserts are my week spot. I'd rather exercise 3 hrs a day, every day than give up dessert. What ended up working for me, strangely, was weight training.... I've always been a cardio queen, but never really did strength training (aside from the Body Pump class I teach 2x/week). I got a trainer and started hitting the weights. After 2.5 months, it is still hard to believe--I weigh almost exactly the same, but I'm down a jeans size, wearing clothes from 10lbs lighter. And I have abs! Pre-Hedo, I did diet, tried to cut back on the carbs, increase the veggies and lean proteins, but everyone is right. Do it for you, because you'll be accepted and embraced at Hedo!
    "Are you feeling Hedo's Mojo yet?"

Hedonism II, April 21-28 2012

mo@hedomojo.com

Thanks! I gotta get back into a routine on my Bowflex. I had back surgery in January and got away from it. I know if I could just stick with that and the Couch-to-5K program that in 9 months I'd be in great shape. Discipline is a bigger problem for me than carbs!
    Angie
    H2 27APR-5MAY 2013
    H2 4FEB-11FEB 2012

Quote Originally Posted by PhotogFlight View Post
    SO...needless to say, even though we're 270 days away from our first Hedo trip, I'm already just a tad nervous about my physical appearance. I've read over and over that people are relaxed and don't care what you look like, but I DO!!

Anyone have a pre-Hedo workout to trim a bit of the fat off? I just started the Couch-to-5K program and I'm struggling but will prevail. Cutting some fat and empty sugar calories out of the diet, but I fear it won't be enough.

I also have scars fckn everywhere...including a hysterectomy scar that's usually well-hidden...not at Hedo LOL.

Any advice would be appreciated, even if it's a virtual slap on the face and a "chill the fuck out."

Hell, I have 9 months, right?!?
    PhotogFlight.....What the hell are ya thinkin....You have 9 months to go relax, go have a drink, eat all the pasta you want and chase it down with a box of ho ho's.

We have about 140 days left and I am not goin think about workin out until about 60 days left so until then .....pass the bread and butter over. Why stress now.

I dont think anybody cares about your scars either soooooo get over your self (sorry).

I thought your "Pre-Hedo workout plan" was goin involve more drinkin,more smoking and more sex. Thats my idea on how you should prepare for Hedo.

Chris
    PS You live in the best city in the world.....Go Steelers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast