Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Hedo workout plan?? oh lord...

HA!! Interesting response. Not a Steelers fan but this IS an awesome city to live in.

I'm a bit self-conscious about my scars...won't apologize for that.

Perhaps I should worry more about training my liver than my abs. Guess that was my "virtual slap in the face" huh?
    Angie
    H2 27APR-5MAY 2013
    H2 4FEB-11FEB 2012

Quote Originally Posted by PhotogFlight View Post
    I have several scars (ankles, knees, arm and a lovely c-section scar) somehow as soon as I was out around everyone else at the nude pool - I forgot all about them.....funny no one else seemed to notice them.

Relax - it will all be IRIE
    H2 - June 21-26, 2011
    H3 - June 12-17, 2010
    H3 - Oct 2009
    H3 - Mar 2007

I'm a road map of stretch marks. They never cross my mind anymore when I'm at Hedo (or anywhere else for that matter)...I've had them longer than I didn't have them (only 19 years without!). No worries about scars...you'll see some fabulous ones and they make great conversation starters. : )
    Last edited by chrisandlizvt; 05-10-2011 at 01:22 PM. Reason: doh!
    Liz & Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Monieb View Post
    Me too! Hubby knows that desserts are my week spot. I'd rather exercise 3 hrs a day, every day than give up dessert. What ended up working for me, strangely, was weight training.... I've always been a cardio queen, but never really did strength training (aside from the Body Pump class I teach 2x/week). I got a trainer and started hitting the weights. After 2.5 months, it is still hard to believe--I weigh almost exactly the same, but I'm down a jeans size, wearing clothes from 10lbs lighter. And I have abs! Pre-Hedo, I did diet, tried to cut back on the carbs, increase the veggies and lean proteins, but everyone is right. Do it for you, because you'll be accepted and embraced at Hedo!
    Did you have abs, sorry never looked at the stomach. But you booty was SPOT on.
    Hedo II April 20th- 27th 2011 virgin trip
    Hedo II April 22 - 28 2012 With Hedo Mojo
    Hedo II April 12 - 19 2014

HA!! Interesting response. Not a Steelers fan but this IS an awesome city to live in.

Perhaps I should worry more about training my liver than my abs. Guess that was my "virtual slap in the face" huh?
    I said it once and i will say it again. Scars, stretch marks from kids or what ever are beauty marks to alot of us Normal folks. Well i am not normal 6'6" 330lbs but you get what i mean. Once you get there and see what i mean you will be like . SHit i was nervous for no dang reason. People at hedo just dont care what you look like. Its whats on the inside that matters.

Buck
    Hedo II April 20th- 27th 2011 virgin trip
    Hedo II April 22 - 28 2012 With Hedo Mojo
    Hedo II April 12 - 19 2014

Registered User CARRIBEAN BUFFS's Avatar
    Carbs are my weak spot. I'd rather lop off an ear than give up pasta. UGH.
    Oh ya when i am starving carbs is all that comes to mind. It's nasty but it is so true that if you lay off that without doing everything else you will drop some pounds. Also before our recent trip I purchased a WII with the we fit and I was on that thing everyday and I did drop lbs but since we got home I have done it twice. We go again in November so I am wanting to get at it now again instead of wait for the last month panick. If you know what I mean.

Registered User CARRIBEAN BUFFS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PNK View Post
    The typical Hedo diet is something like this: A full breakfast with a big cheese omelet, and bacon. Add a few slices of fruit (it's healthy). Loads of coffee and juice, and a couple of those excellent croissants.

During the morning have a few mixed drinks (and loads of water). Skip lunch -- to cut the calories.

But by mid afternoon, after a few more drinks, ask for a small plate of jerk chicken (about half a bird) and a heap of fries, and a couple of beers (the trace elements are good for you!).

Don't scrimp on dinner (after all you have paid for all inclusive, all you can eat). Also remember, the deserts are cut small, so half a dozen are OK. Don't forget to wash it all down with a few drinks, and a few more for good measure, and to get you nerve up for the late night hot tub.

If you get peckish, there's always the midnight buffet. And the bar is still open.

A few days like that and not only will you not be worrying about excess weight, but you will not care about other people's weight.

So get in practice right now. Start slowly and build up. Then you'll fit right in with the rest of us.

Or you could do as suggested above and cut down on food intake. Choose which ever course meets your inner needs. 'Cause nobody else will care. We will all be heading to or from the bar!

PNK
    Your plan sounds alot better. I can honestly say, that know matter what type of dieting I do before the holiday I do not do it on the holiday.

We also hit the workout room this year at H2 for the first time, didn't change our diet while there. We workout all year but, after 50+ years somethings won't change and some we wouldn't want to. If your partner is good with you thats all that really matters so don't sweat the small stuff in life.

SO...needless to say, even though we're 270 days away from our first Hedo trip, I'm already just a tad nervous about my physical appearance. I've read over and over that people are relaxed and don't care what you look like, but I DO!!

Anyone have a pre-Hedo workout to trim a bit of the fat off? I just started the Couch-to-5K program and I'm struggling but will prevail. Cutting some fat and empty sugar calories out of the diet, but I fear it won't be enough.

I also have scars fckn everywhere...including a hysterectomy scar that's usually well-hidden...not at Hedo LOL.

Any advice would be appreciated, even if it's a virtual slap on the face and a "chill the fuck out."

Hell, I have 9 months, right?!?
    "The best laid plans of mice and men".........
    I always plan on it but just end up putting on weight before a trip.

Cheers
    ScubaSteve Video

Rule #1) Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

i work out about 4 times per week, cardio mixed with weights, but i have found cutting the carbs makes all the difference. and i know nobody cares at hedo, and that is why we love it, and my husband says i look great, but in the end, I have to feel hot, I have to feel i look good, and then, i think my sexual energy skyrockets and i feel much better about myself. which also makes for way better sex too! we go back in november, so i will work harder in about a month or so!

The first couple years at hedo, I actually lost weight... sadly, not any more!!

Quote Originally Posted by funlover View Post
    i work out about 4 times per week, cardio mixed with weights, but i have found cutting the carbs makes all the difference. and i know nobody cares at hedo, and that is why we love it, and my husband says i look great, but in the end, I have to feel hot, I have to feel i look good, and then, i think my sexual energy skyrockets and i feel much better about myself. which also makes for way better sex too! we go back in november, so i will work harder in about a month or so!
    That's pretty much how I feel. I'm not exactly overweight...I just want to rearrange the weight I have, if that makes sense. I also feel better (sexier) when I think I look good and when I've worked hard to look good. So in the end, I guess my opinion is really the only one that matters.
    Angie
    H2 27APR-5MAY 2013
    H2 4FEB-11FEB 2012

I love P90X. 90 day workout with great results.
    Just wish the Dr would fix my shoulder so I could do it again before our Sept trip, but he said no extreme workouts until its taken care of, only cardio for a while
    Cop....
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

cop, brannen got the p90x and loves it, but he too has shoulder problem, torn rotator cuff and is not ready to have surgery yet, so he does try to modify the work out, but it really bums him out! it sucks getting old!

So in the end, I guess my opinion is really the only one that matters.
    Right there, you have hit it on the nose. As long as you feel good about yourself and are healthy, that's all that matters. (Easier said then done, I know.)

I started power walking and watching every bit of food that goes in my mouth. What happened? I got shin splints and the only weight I lost was in my boobs. Forget that, pass the bread, butter and a bottle of wine. LOL I'd rather carry a bit of extra weight and have the 'girls' be nice and plump.

~Corinne

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast