Thread: Best places to eat outside of the resort?

Best places to eat outside of the resort?

Just curious to see what places people like to go off resort to eat and have a nice sit down meal..

Blog Entries
    Rockhouse works for me, extabi is nice also
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Lobster Island... Sit down... not exactly, great fire grilled lobster......yes
    Cocktails International Hedo II July 19 - 26, 2014
    Cocktails International Hedo II July 18 - 25, 2015

T11 With The Cocktails Crew!!

Rockhouse is amazing...stayed there a couple of years ago for a couple nights and their restaurant is well known in Negril as one of the best places to eat. http://www.rockhousehotel.com/eat/pushcart.php

Not a nice sit down place, but 3 Dives Jerk has some of the best Jamaican food I have ever had. If you are in JA during lobster season you you like lobster....you owe it to yourself to go and have some of their Grilled Jerk Lobster. http://www.maherconsulting.com/3dives/

This last one is in Mobay, not Negril so only if you do an overnight pre or post trip, but we went to Marguerite's on the last night of our March trip...and oh my god was it the best meal I have ever had. We had an outside table with a awesome view and the food was out of this world. Come with a fat wallet though, not only was it the best meal I have ever had but the most expensive. But between the food, the wine and the friends, was one night I will always remember!

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

Ivan's at Catcha Fallin Star has great food and is just beautiful.

The Rockhouse is great food, and again a beautiful resort. And holds a special place in my heart, as that's where we got engaged 8 years ago.. (awwwww)

LTU Pub is a cool inexpensive alternative, as it has great views, and great food..

3Dives is always great food. Chill out with a red stripe, and grab some tails, or jerk chick.. yummmm

Xtabi is up there on my list too..

Kuyaba is a beautiful beach side place. Fun to chill at the bar and great food.

and you just gotta stop into Best in The West. Drooooollllll!!!!! Good lord my mouth waters for their jerk chicken..

God so many great places all along the beach and cliffs. Niah's patties, breakfast at Alfred's, and Miss Sonia's patties..

Dammit now I got DIF again..

Gonna go see if the freakin air fare went down yet..................................

Always call these places for free pick up, like Ivan's, Rockhouse, Kuyaba, Xtabi, Norma's, Rick's and Margaritaville. You just pay, an agreed upon beforehand price, when you return.

Check out the map Here
    http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c283/BostonMel/random%20board%20crap/crazyph.gif

www.crzyphckers.com

Can't wait to get home!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Yes, I was at Best in the West Chicken (across the street from CocoLaPalm) less than two weeks ago and yes, it was great as usual.
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

How do you get these places? Wife and I are looking for a spot we can walk down the beach to get to. We're going to be there next week. So, if anyone can help out...which direction to turn (if you're facing the water) and about how far?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveandErin View Post
    How do you get these places? Wife and I are looking for a spot we can walk down the beach to get to. We're going to be there next week. So, if anyone can help out...which direction to turn (if you're facing the water) and about how far?
    Hey fuckers! You were supposed to reach out. Would have known maybe we could have joined u. There is always ny nj. Lol. Good to see ur faces even on a avatar.

Are you shitting me?! What's up bro! We thought you guys didn't want to go back? We just moved to NY a few months ago, then I jacked up my knee so we've been OOC for a while. We descided a few weeks ago we were gonna go back. We need to make some plans soon!

Some of the places Kuyaba and Xtabi...will pick you up at no cost (+ tip for driver) and sometimes they charge for back or sometimes again just the tip. Info is usually in the Negril Guide (if you see one pick it up! or check online). Or you can just go out to the road and get a taxi or pay way too much and have a taxi at Hedo take you. Or just call the hotel from your room and see if they do pick up. It's pretty easy & laid back...so do what works for you.

Rockhouse, Xtabi, Kuyaba, Ivan's at Catcha Falling Star...all are good. 3 dives more rustic, good enough 'lobster'...but being from Maine I don't covet Caribbean spiney lobsters. Xtabi has a killer conch sandwich at lunch. Rockhouse is super romantic in the evenings. Kuyaba can do a dinner on the beach for you with advance planning...they also have a little turret room which is kind of fun and more privacy...tho a bitch for the waitress.

Plus in the busy season we love The Hungry Lion (doesn't open til mid November)...not on the water, but across the street (up on the West End Road) and has a neat ambiance plus an art gallery below...plus they make a wicked Ting-tini!! Oh damn I wish I had one now!!

LTU Pub up past Rick's is a neat place...not as polished as the others, but offers more of a local flavor with lots of ex pats there. More of a laid back vibe and some sweet smelling herb in the air kind of place if it isn't packed.

Have fun!

liz
    Liz & Chris

Quote Originally Posted by SteveandErin View Post
    Are you shitting me?! What's up bro! We thought you guys didn't want to go back? We just moved to NY a few months ago, then I jacked up my knee so we've been OOC for a while. We descided a few weeks ago we were gonna go back. We need to make some plans soon!
    Mary reached out to erin Already in the works my friend. U go have a kickass time over there and when u get back we will rock n roll over here together. Love ya bro be safe.