Now that we are about 30 days from our next visit I believe we should get our trip report in place for this past Labor Day.

This was my fifth or sixth trip and the GF’s second trip. We were there for a week in March 2011 and had a very “tame” time as we were in more of a “Mind Treatment” mode. See previous trip report. This time, even though it was just 4 days, we partook a bit more in the “Body” part of the “Mind, Body, Spirit and Soul” equation. But as always, H-II provided for each.

This trip featured a couple of Firsts for me; first time I was ever there outside of March (Spring Break weeks) and it was the first time I ever flew with a stop in the flight. We both have agreed that we will always try to fly non-stop in the future. This little Labor Day trip was kind of a spur-of-the-moment thing and replaced our usual Labor Day trip to Mazo Beach, a nude beach in WI.

We were both curious as to what H-II would be like during off peak and we were pleasantly surprised. However, we did kind of miss Toga night. Which, if I am reading some reports correctly, is now done? Anwyway, let me just put down a few of our observations and experiences.

Even though we were on our flight out of MSP at 6am, we did not arrive at H-II until after 5pm. Everything seemed slow, the flights, Super Clubs check-in at airport, the bus ride (followed some 30mph vehicle for a ½ hour), che etc etc etc.

It was Thursday of course and as we were checking in we asked about picking up our sheets for Toga night right then. They told us they would not have sheets until after 6:30. Seemed a bit late but we figured we would check back then. We checked back right at 6:30 and still no sheets. They then told us they would send a couple to our room once they arrived. Apparently, they never arrived and the only people we saw in togas were just a few couples who had brought them from home. Oh well. We had a great buffet dinner and a WONDERFUL TIME in the piano bar. Being there during off-peak we were able to get seats right up at the railings were we could see and participate in everything. What fun. But never a sheet. Now looking at the events it appears Toga night is a thing of the past. We must have been there right in the transition time.

Friday we spent on the beach and at the nude pool. It was fun to be able to go to the swim-up bar at the nude pool and actually sit on one of the bar stools. Seems like during peak season people are always about 4 or 5 deep at the bar.

While on the beach we watched a couple out in the water who were on the big surfboard. They were straddling it facing each other which seemed to make it very convenient for “play”. We thought it looked like so much fun that we went out to the diving raft and fore played around on that until we could not take it anymore and headed back to the room for a little while.

Saturday we did our usual breakfast with a bit of relaxing afterwards. Around noon we grabbed a cab to Rick’s I had not been there in over 15 years so there were many changes…and many things the same. Well, OK, the cliffs were the same. We stayed a few hours, grabbed some T-shirts and headed back for dinner at H-II. I believe we did Munasan. Kind of forget which night is which. But we actually enjoy Munasan as we usually have a lot of fun with the chefs. It is all what you make it.

Saturday night we went to nude hot tub late. Back in March we were never there all that late. But this time it was after piano baring. There were so many PDAs taking place that I think the GF would have felt out of place by not performing some of our own. Of course it was wonderful for both of us. For our upcoming trip I really want to get her into a hammock in the afternoon. As they say, “Baby Steps.”

OK…getting very excited again about our trip March 21 through 28. We are tall blonde Minnesotans. I will try to get a photo or two of us on here somewhere prior to our next trip so that it is easier to wander up and say hi.

Sorry this is kind of “choppy.” I should have written it right after Labor Day, but have been quite busy.