Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advise for newbies?

Quote Originally Posted by Soo & Ian View Post
    Don’t believe a word of the above...We eat newbies alive, once we know you are “Hedo” virgins we stalk you, follow you around and touch you, smile at you constantly, feel your breasts, and butt, at every opportunity we sit by you, where ever you are, walk with you, and every time you open your room door we are standing there it’s like the night of the dammed ! Until you surrender and have sex with us, IN PUBLIC, then we howl and throw our back our head before biting your throat making it impossible in the future for you to ever holiday any where else but Hedo.... Then you are truly one of us. Ha harrrrrrrr. But we are British and that's how we do things. You will be fine with the Yanks. Read above.
    Hahaha! Well now you've given away >MY< reasons for wanting to go!

Were not newbies but can we get some of that?
    Cop N kitten..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Quote Originally Posted by queltor View Post
    Thanks for the info! It sounds fantastic to me - my friend however was keen, till she spoke to someone that hasn't been, who did a bit of pre-judging and put the idea in her head that people wouldn't leave her alone. I wouldn't exactly say she abides by all the social norms - she's quite open minded in fairness - but only to a degree and it sounds it won't be right for her at the moment. We'll see though!
    I want to make sure I didn't give the wrong impression in my first response. When I speak of "social norms", it is not that you are going to need a code book to figure them out... In general, Hedo people are going to be MORE polite and MORE respectful than you will find in the real world. Most people are on their best behavior because (IMHO): they're on vacation and happy and/or they're interested in you as a playmate. If your friend can hold her own at a downtown nightclub, she will have no problem anywhere at Hedo. That said, conversations tend to be very uninhibited, open and flirtatious when the subject of sex is concerned, and subjects that are only discussed in hushed tones in the privacy of your home are normal barside topics. Also, personal space (the clear space around your body) tends to be smaller at Hedo.

Probably the best way to describe Hedo is it just feels like everyone you meet is a close friend that you have known for years. For some, this is a bit too much...

For most of us however, it's the reason we keep coming back.
    Mikey and Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Dwellers View Post
    I want to make sure I didn't give the wrong impression in my first response. When I speak of "social norms", it is not that you are going to need a code book to figure them out... In general, Hedo people are going to be MORE polite and MORE respectful than you will find in the real world. Most people are on their best behavior because (IMHO): they're on vacation and happy and/or they're interested in you as a playmate. If your friend can hold her own at a downtown nightclub, she will have no problem anywhere at Hedo. That said, conversations tend to be very uninhibited, open and flirtatious when the subject of sex is concerned, and subjects that are only discussed in hushed tones in the privacy of your home are normal barside topics. Also, personal space (the clear space around your body) tends to be smaller at Hedo.

Probably the best way to describe Hedo is it just feels like everyone you meet is a close friend that you have known for years. For some, this is a bit too much...

For most of us however, it's the reason we keep coming back.
    Hey that's cool - unfortunately either way it looks like we won't be going now - personally I know we'd both be fine out there but maybe it's something we can think about again another year. Thanks everyone for the advise - hopefully it hasn't been wasted, I'm confident that even if we don't make it out there this year, there's still the possibility of other trips in the future :-)

Blog Entries
    Omg!! That's hysterical ! We are newbies also......I'm still looking forward to it!!

Hey that's cool - unfortunately either way it looks like we won't be going now - personally I know we'd both be fine out there but maybe it's something we can think about again another year. Thanks everyone for the advise - hopefully it hasn't been wasted, I'm confident that even if we don't make it out there this year, there's still the possibility of other trips in the future :-)

Why the change?

Cheers,
    ScubaSteve Video

Rule #1) Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
    Why the change?
    Well, she was really enthusiastic to begin with but then lost confidence in the idea so I've agreed we'll go somewhere else now. I still plan to head out at some point - this does sound like somewhere you have to visit at least once in your lifetime, even if it's just to understand what it's all about!

I think the only regret most people have about Hedo is that they didn't discover it earlier in life. Certainly true in our case!
    Mikey and Diane

There is a all inclusive in Mobay called Sunset Beach resort...it caters to everyone and it has a nude beach off to one side. Its very conservative on the nude side people come get naked take in the sun and nobody touches anyone..we found out its a no no there last year early one morning all alone out there. SO maybe that type of resort might help her adjust. The rest of the resort is like any other resort people doing there own thing minding their own business

It's a shame, sounds like she is letting someone elses' opinion sway her.
    Did you have her read on here?
    I would have to think that would help....
    Hedo is truly what you make of it!

This does sound like somewhere you have to visit at least once in your lifetime
    Yep, that's why we booked, just to try it once in a lifetime. Now we have our Hedo trip marked on the calendar for the next 10 years and counting......... Once you go Hedo, you never go back! Other resorts are nicer, classier and more upscale, but all you do is sit there and think..."I wish I were at Hedo/Right now at Hedo I'd be doing this...."

It's kinda like you first ever trip down south to a warm place, you want/plan to go back every year!!!
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

I agree as well. My wife and I are not swingers and have never been pressured into trying anything. And I 100 percent agree, the people there are the greatest! She will have a great time, and you won't have any problem convicing her to go again.

Well, she was really enthusiastic to begin with but then lost confidence in the idea so I've agreed we'll go somewhere else now. I still plan to head out at some point - this does sound like somewhere you have to visit at least once in your lifetime, even if it's just to understand what it's all about!

Well first off I respect that if Hedo is not for her than it is not for her.
    But if she has even the slightest interest or curiosity, encourage her to check out this forum and read some of the trip reports and ask the masses any questions that she has. Im sure she wont be the first to ask them.

Ans like Dessert Dwellers and Mac said, the sooner you go, the sooner you know!
    Good luck.

Cheers,
    ScubaSteve Video

Rule #1) Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Stay next door and get a night pass and check it out.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Part of the problem is that her circumstances have recently changed. We're not a couple, just very close friends and have been to a couple of nudist beachs before a while back, however she has a partner now. We go on regular holidays (her and myself, not the partner lol, poor guy) and I originally suggested hedonism half joking so I was quite surprised when she said yes! But then the she had doubts and, remembering the partner, it'd probably not be appropriate so i'm happy enough to leave it for now, go somewhere cheap and cheerful with her and if i've the funds left come back later in the year as a single. Not sure yet though as it's a pretty long way to go not really knowing anyone! But we'll see- i'd still like to give it a try. I was meant to meet her today actually but instead i've headed to a beach in dorset some people here from the uk may know!

I should add it wasn't her partner that put her off, one of her other friends.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast