Thread: simgles

simgles

I am considering a holiday at hedo but asta single male lone visitor I get the impression single men at hedo are frowned upon and it is essentially a couples resort. Please be honest, I am not a Werirdo well I dont think I am but I would like to know peoples thoughts. Please feel free to PM md if you prefer you can say what you like I wont be offended.

I have gone alone, as a single guy, and still had a great time. You have been around here long enough to know what Hedo is and what it isn't. Be respectful. Talk to people without being too forward and get to know them. Don't wait for a guy to walk away and then go talk to his wife. Don't sit there staring at people and don't quickly walk over to people to watch. Look for a group that is very accepting to single guys and try to get to know people before you go.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Quote Originally Posted by HedoJoe View Post
    I have gone alone, as a single guy, and still had a great time. You have been around here long enough to know what Hedo is and what it isn't. Be respectful. Talk to people without being too forward and get to know them. Don't wait for a guy to walk away and then go talk to his wife. Don't sit there staring at people and don't quickly walk over to people to watch. Look for a group that is very accepting to single guys and try to get to know people before you go.
    Thank you, that would be my take and. I am not an in your face person. It was and is a concern tho. Appreciate your honesty and reply. Thank you.

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Singles, as with any travel-related event, can sometimes be looked upon as a 3rd wheel or they can be embraced as a complement to any group. I tend to favor the latter and that comes from experience cruising, sightseeing on land, and general party-life times. I think singles round out venues and shouldn't be judged on their status--only their behavior.

I have two great friends, both widowers, who are thankful to be travel companions on some of my trips. And for Hedo, I currently have 3 single females and 4 single males in our June Group and their link to a group minimizes any stigma attached.

Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman Jim View Post
    I am considering a holiday at hedo but asta single male lone visitor I get the impression single men at hedo are frowned upon and it is essentially a couples resort. Please be honest, I am not a Werirdo well I dont think I am but I would like to know peoples thoughts. Please feel free to PM md if you prefer you can say what you like I wont be offended.

Jim,
    You havent even gone yet and you already have two strikes against you.
    -You are single and,
    -You are male.

There are lots of opinions to read if you use the search button above to the right and enter “single men” or any other variation.
    The obvious is that some people dont like the single male and they have good reason too. Not all single males know how to act.
    (Poor behaviour is not limited to men or singles.)

You can still go and have a great time if you have the simplest of social skills.
    My advice would be to respectful and treat the ladies like you would treat your sister......
    On second thought, treat the ladies like you would want your sister to be treated, or like your best friends wife.

Lots of hints and tips in the threads below:

http://www.adulttravelforum.com/foru...ght=single+men

Cheers,
    ScubaSteve Video

Rule #1) Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

I agree with Steve. As for my opinion, I like single men around. Granted they are respectful and can hold a conversation with both of us. You should go and have a good time.

You also can not be too shy! Must be able to walk up to a group and say "hey, how ya doing!?"
    We had a single guy last week that sat, alone, with his sunglasses on 24 hours a day.
    I spoke with him fairly frequently (much to my overprotective groups dismay! **love you guys**) and he was not a bad guy.
    Just excurciatingly shy. Not a good way to be.
    Have to have a balance.

Jim,

You should join Ann's group and come in June with us. I'm one of those single ladies and a good friend of mine is coming with. It will be her first time. We would love to hang out with you!
    1st- Hedo II JULY 2010
    2nd-Hedo II AUG 2011

**Next trip JUNE 16-23 **

Jim- the wife and I don't play with single males, so maybe our perspective is different than others, but I will say this- we have single guys who go with us every year in AWOL and we are happy to have them there. They are respectful, funny, engaging, and just good dudes. I am sure they get action from others, just not with us. That's really the biggest part of it- be nice and friendly without being pushy- go for the party and if you get invited for other stuff then it's just icing on the cake- you'll be fine.
    Hedo is a little harder for single guys but it's still for everyone.
    Nick (and the inclusive Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Aside from the topic above about sedan service orange county, hope you can help me regarding this topic.

Jim...we have several singles with our group...both male and female...to some people single males have a stigma attached to them before they even get there....we have met some great singles and some really creepy ones, If you can't talk to girl at home and have difficulty meeting singles there, you will be much the same personality on vacation. Best advice is be normal, we personally enjoy talking to everyone and try our best to be inclusive. If the goal of your holiday is to hook up...you will be disappointed. Be personable, talk to everyone who talks to you and don;t be pushy about introducing yourself and you'll be fine....
    Sabina and Scott
    NEW YEARS EVE H2
    Dec.27 to Jan.5th 2019

12th Anniversary New Years Like No Other!!

It's only Hard Core when YOU'RE not doing it!!!

Bahahaha….you made me laugh with that " treat the ladies like you'd treat your sister "
    I almost spit my drink all over the key board…..You were really nice to the ladies, but there is no way you should do what you did to your sister lol
    You crack me up Steve

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
    Jim,
    You havent even gone yet and you already have two strikes against you.
    -You are single and,
    -You are male.

There are lots of opinions to read if you use the search button above to the right and enter “single men” or any other variation.
    The obvious is that some people dont like the single male and they have good reason too. Not all single males know how to act.
    (Poor behaviour is not limited to men or singles.)

You can still go and have a great time if you have the simplest of social skills.
    My advice would be to respectful and treat the ladies like you would treat your sister......
    On second thought, treat the ladies like you would want your sister to be treated, or like your best friends wife.

Lots of hints and tips in the threads below:

Cheers,
    April 1-9th 2016 with Fluffernutters for Fluff Olympics
    November 12-19 2016 With Fluffernutters for Fluff Love

Quote Originally Posted by stuccoman View Post
    Bahahaha….you made me laugh with that " treat the ladies like you'd treat your sister "
    I almost spit my drink all over the key board…..You were really nice to the ladies, but there is no way you should do what you did to your sister lol
    You crack me up Steve
    I am with you on this one 100% tea bag comes to my mind 1st. LOL

Buck
    Hedo II April 20th- 27th 2011 virgin trip
    Hedo II April 22 - 28 2012 With Hedo Mojo
    Hedo II April 12 - 19 2014

At the risk of spoiling this wonderful conversation about the single male, I feel compelled to point out the often hypocrisy associated with having a Y chromosone. As most of you will attest, a single female at Hedo is often a prize, placed top of the food chain, readily accepted - when are you going? they ask her, do you need a room mate? - but a single male? Well, sound the alarm, lock away the women, bring out the pitch forks, have him quarantined, the audacity of him venturing into our territory.

Jim, go and enjoy your vacation, you don't have to play a role to please anyone, you have just as much of a right to be there as anyone else, don't let anyone treat you differently.

I think that you can get a little screwed up psychologically when you go believing that somehow you've been tried, found guilty and sentenced in the court of public opinion for not having a girl with you. The times I've vacationed there, I can honestly say that my intention was never to go after anyone's mate or infringe on anyone else's territory. I don't feel anyone is better than me and so I don't look up to anyone, nor do I look down on them. I have a great time, make wonderful friends and truly make my vacation my own. Can't say I've had a bad vacation, but I've seen others who have been alienated simple for being single.

Anyway, after all that, I just want to say to you and all the single males who may be considering a trip, don't go there with an inferiority complex mindset, you'd be amazed at how that can translate into real life and ruin your vacation. Don't go on a mission either ... unless the mission is to simply be yourself, have fun and enjoy all that Hedo has to offer.
    If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before

As usual, WELL SAID Braveheart!!!