Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor about Hedo closing... true or false?

Rumor about Hedo closing... true or false?

So we were in Hedo this past June for our second trip and of course had another wonderful time! However... on the last day we heard from two different staff members that Hedo was about to be bought out just like the neighbor resort Breezes. They expected to be out of a job and closed down before the end of the year but it was unknown if it was just to remodel and revamp the resort... or if it was going to be a whole new type of resort (not nude). I have randomly checked since then to see if that was just a nasty rumor and still don't have my answer. We really want to plan another trip in June of this coming year but are a little afraid to at this point. I'm hoping this was just a nasty rumor that spread. Anyone have any thoughts or info?

At this point, it is a known fact that Hedo is for sale. There have been many rumors over the years that Hedo was to be sold, but it has now been reported in the news in a story about the sale of Breezes Grand Negril to Couples. Rumors have recently surfaced about who was buying the property and what they planned to do. I do know that there are some large groups that have contracts for complete and almost complete takeovers through November of 2013. Hedo II was always the cash cow for SuperClubs, taking the profits and using them for their other resorts. Once the sale of BGN is complete, Hedo II will be SuperClubs only resort left on the island. We already have air for our February trip and have friends that air for their July trip. I just take all the rumors with a grain of salt at this point.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

I'm dissapointed to hear that. Hedo might not be the most up to date resort but there is a feeling there like no other. I'm hoping that they will not do anything to it but just maybe keep it under new management. Who needs another family resort? There are so many already.... there is no place quite like our Hedo. I do remember reading somewhere that Breezes planned to expand... kinda made me wonder if that meant the same people would purchase Hedo and expand next door. Somebody also mentioned to us to go on and plan trips as normal but to purchase trip insurance just in case. I am comforted to see that groups are still scheduling trips there well into next year so maybe it's not going to happen too soon before we get back. Thanks for your update though!

Breezes and Hedo are not physically next to each other beach wise. I have heard that when couples does in fact close on the Breezes property, they are thinking of building on open land on the Breezes complex. If we listened to all the rumors over the years on the demise of Hedo, we would have went elsewhere for nothing.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Why would someone spend millions to buy a one of a kind resort and turn it into a run of the mill resort that struggles to make money? Second of all if they were to do that couldn't we all just pick another place like N Resort and break all the rules! They wouldn't throw everyone out would they?
    Back at Delroy's November 16th to 26th for Spanksgiving

We just got home this past sunday from our 9 day stay at Hedo2. This was my 5th time to H2. I am not sure what is going on but they had no Appleton rum at all on the resort. There was also not beef patties and or pizza at the nude pool bar. The food in the main dinning area was not good at all. Worst I have ever had at Hedo. I talked to some of the staff and they also said they did not know what was going on.some staff said was not sure but she did say something is happening. I am still planning our March trip back to H2. We did win a 3 day trip back while we were there. Just hope we will be able to use them and add it to the our next trip.
    Last edited by David Warner; 09-26-2012 at 02:32 PM.

No Appletons????

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

No appletons and ran out of coconut rum in the entire resort.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Our 1st trip in April, they better keep it the same! Thats why we are going.
    Our first time. Hedo 2 April 9 2013 thru April 19 2013.. Was a blast!
    2nd time to Hedo March 21 2014 thru March 30 2014
    Hidden Beach April 4 thru April 11 2015

We are there with our group in April, hopeful everything's worked out by then.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Is there any way to contact management or corporate to settle this rumor? I know I'm not the only one who would be really bummed to hear that hedo is being sold.

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Meanwhile I am just hoping something good might happen if it is sold or,better yet,if it is not sold and the owner is not making overhead on two places he might just have the cashflow to renovate his cash cow!And if it were to turn into a tame plain jane vanilla nudist place or,heaven forbid,a family resort,there are other places to go.I don't want to forfiet another deposit like earlier this year elsewhere.
    NN

We're going to be P.O.'d if something bad happens in the next 2 weeks. We've been planning and saving for this special trip in October for over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by R&D View Post
    We're going to be P.O.'d if something bad happens in the next 2 weeks. We've been planning and saving for this special trip in October for over a year.
    Nothing is going to happen within two weeks and I still believe nothing is going to happen at all. Hedo just extended their Early Booking Sale for 2013 to extend through October of next year. If they new something drastic was going on why do that?? Today I spent two hours watching the RealNegril webcast from a Hotel that is situated in the middle of 7 Mile Beach (At least the 4.5mi portion)...in the entire two hours I did not see one person walking the beach except for a couple of local vendors. It is slow season right now and from talking to people in Negril they had an awesome year and everyone is getting ready for it to get busy again. Hedo is probably just going thru the same thing. We went in Sept in 2005 (At H3) and noticed things were not as they were other times of the year. (Closed restaurants, minimal staff, low on some liquors). So...everyone un-stress. I don't worry about nothing...cause worrying is a waste of my time.

negril 92512.jpg
    Last edited by Face Down; 09-25-2012 at 07:51 PM.

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

I am so sorry !!! Not trying to be the barrier of bad news!!!!! All I am saying is that my wife and I love Hedo.. And we want the best for the resort the staff and the guest! We love Hedo2 and what it is to us and all our friends

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast