Thread: When to don the costume...

When to don the costume...

Well folks, I am pretty darned excited about my costumes for my upcoming trip to Hedo on Feb 1-6. They are almost complete. Very sexy. I'm wondering if people typically wear their costumes to dinner or if they put them on after dinner before going to the disco. I wouldn't actually feel super comfortable sitting in a brightly lit room eating dinner in my fetish night costume, for example... unless everyone else (of the people who dress up) is doing the same. Thoughts...
    Preview: fetish night costume involves beautiful leather under breast corset and spiky pasties.

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Great question and you are likely to get a number of answers.

I've only been 9 times but my group (Krewe) routinely goes to dinner in the main dining room in costume but for Martino's & Harry Sans...not until afterwards & before going to the disco.

As long as you cover up for meals the essential "parts" it is generally OK. The EC's seem to love the theme participation.

Go & have fun~!!!!

We usually go to diner with me in a sundress and him with shorts and tank top and then run back to the room to change into theme night outfits around 8:30. But if you show up at 8:30 then go for it.
    Last edited by mac_r_a; 01-27-2014 at 07:39 AM.
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

I think we would need to see pictures in order to give you a proper answer. .

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Depending on the costume,you can always wear some sort of beach dress cover up over it and when you are ready to reveal the costume,it's just a "snap."The traditional sarong dress works well also.

Over New Years, we always wore our costumes to dinner. Most other people did too.

Depends on the night and the costume and where we eat, etc.
    Sometimes we wear them to dinner sometimes we eat early then change.
    What ever you want to do, its your vacation.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

If your costume is 'brief and to the point' then dress for dinner. If your costume is a complex one (see Cop's Tin Man costume pic) then you might want to go change after you eat.

It's really most fun when most people dress in their finery for dinner and stay for the show and the action.

But:

in early December there were way too few people joining in some of the themes and they fell flat. They needed a boost.

PNK

Normally we wear them to dinner. Nothing wrong with a sexy outfit while eating. We found this past week most are dressed but some will get changed later.
    Past Trips:
    November: 2008, 2011, 2012
    October: 2016
    January: 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020

Upcoming Trip: January 19th - 31st 2021

Went to Martino's a lot, (it was SO good) so I would wear a sexy dress to dinner and then change into my costumes. Especially masked night, I had a hard time even drinking through a straw with my mask on and I didn't want to take it off until after the contest, so I'm glad I had already eaten. Some of the people in Martino's were dressed up, I definitely remember a few different couples on fetish night. But our costumes were a little intense and not terribly comfortable, so they came off after the piano bar (and in the piano bar) anyway.
    So, bottom line, whatever works for you. If you decide to go to dinner, as long as you've got the "goods" (mostly) covered everyone knows what the theme is that night. But I also had a bunch of dresses that I brought and I really wanted to wear them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnamonflixxx View Post
    Well folks, I am pretty darned excited about my costumes for my upcoming trip to Hedo on Feb 1-6. They are almost complete. Very sexy. I'm wondering if people typically wear their costumes to dinner or if they put them on after dinner before going to the disco. I wouldn't actually feel super comfortable sitting in a brightly lit room eating dinner in my fetish night costume, for example... unless everyone else (of the people who dress up) is doing the same. Thoughts...
    Preview: fetish night costume involves beautiful leather under breast corset and spiky pasties.
    To each their own.
    Some do before dinner, some after. Are you travelling with a group? If so see what and when they have planned.
    If you are proud and want to show it off, wear it to dinner proving as others have mentioned that your bits are covered for hygenic reasons.
    Or if it is really elaborate with parts and accesories you might want to wait until after dinner....

Looking forward to your trip report when you get back and you let us know what you decided.

Cheers,
    ScubaSteve Video

Rule #1) Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.