Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Condiments, sodas, booze and vaporizers at Hedo:

Quote Originally Posted by PNK View Post
    Sorry folks, but you are setting yourself to have a miserable vacation. You are not visiting the USA. You are going to a 'foreign' country -- with their own food, their own drinks, and their own way of doing things. They will let you do (and possibly smoke) things that might get you time in Jail, back home. You are not booked into a luxury Hilton-type hotel in downtown whatever. so you will be 'deprived' of some/many of the luxuries/necessities of North American life.

On the other hand: you will be able to enjoy a week or so of a lifestyle totally different from your day-to-day life back home.

Abandon all you, "I can only eat/drink, nibble on ...." ideas. Instead clear your mind, adopt anew view and go eat, drink, nibble, indulge, body shot .... Forget the creamer and get creamed. Forget the flavored vodka and get body flavor. Forget the Heinz ketchup and get sauced.

See, it's a 'different' experience -- to be savored, tasted, licked, enjoyed.

Go enjoy and don't take along a shopping list, or a basket of groceries.

PNK
    This approach is one that is more likely to guarantee you have a good time. Perhaps you could even have fun if your luggage was lost and your costume plans have gone out the window... (Hedo folks would no doubt help you make new costumes !)
    It's a good approach for any traveler to take!
    However if Splenda is what tickles your taste buds, nothing wrong with bringing your own (I try to avoid artificial sweetners so wouldn't know the difference). I threw a couple of my favorite energy drinks in my luggage on my last trip and really enjoyed them -especially knowing I couldn't have had that brand if I didn't have my own stash.
    I don't know how much pleasure you derive from Heinz but I doubt it's enough for a bottle's worth of cargo space. Maybe save a handful of fast food packets to bring (in a ziplock). Or you could free yourself from the clutches of its addictive hold on you and do what PNK said -forget about it ;-)
    But I think the spirit of PNK's statement is about being open to adventure and not fixating on everything being just so. I want to keep this in mind when I travel.
    Last edited by cinnamonflixxx; 01-04-2015 at 12:52 PM.

Sorry folks, but you are setting yourself to have a miserable vacation. You are not visiting the USA. You are going to a 'foreign' country -- with their own food, their own drinks, and their own way of doing things. They will let you do (and possibly smoke) things that might get you time in Jail, back home. You are not booked into a luxury Hilton-type hotel in downtown whatever. so you will be 'deprived' of some/many of the luxuries/necessities of North American life.

On the other hand: you will be able to enjoy a week or so of a lifestyle totally different from your day-to-day life back home.

Abandon all you, "I can only eat/drink, nibble on ...." ideas. Instead clear your mind, adopt anew view and go eat, drink, nibble, indulge, body shot .... Forget the creamer and get creamed. Forget the flavored vodka and get body flavor. Forget the Heinz ketchup and get sauced.

PNK
    VERY WELL SAID! And this goes not only for Hedo and Jamaica, but anywhere outside your local environment you wish to venture. Look at it as an adventure. We certainly do this every day living in China! Trying new things and discovering new things is half the fun of being here (or anywhere else we have travelled).

C&T

when we were there we actually liked the grace brand ketchup to the us brands and the jerk sauce for the chicken. As for all the other things on you list its Hedo go with the flow for food and drinks t is fun trying new things in a different world if you don't like it find a place I the united States to visit that cater to ones taste buds

Lots of great food for thought here.

I'm so glad to see you and your wife this excited about your trip to Hedo :-)

At this point in my life, I travel to Hedo 2-3 times a year, so I bring a few comforts from home After my 8 or 9th trip, I began bringing my own Heinz ketchup. I used to bring several bottles of very nice red wine to enjoy with dinner until the restaurant started selling super Tuscan Reds (so happy :-) When traveling to places I've never been before, I will concede to the condiments, wine, food, and other first time experiences of the country I am visiting. I've been to Hedo quite a few time and the burgers and fries are soooo damn good and the Heinz ketchup makes them even better LOL.

My advice is bring what you want, and you will figure out how to pack next time.

Quote Originally Posted by georgenlaura View Post
    Personally, I put jerk sauce on burgers and french fries while there.
    I agree with you Joe "Jerk Sauce- I put that shit on everything LOL"[/QUOTE]

I second the jerk sauce can go on everything

Registered User LovingLeocouple's Avatar

PNK
    PNK, we appreciate the spirit of your email and truly intend to have the Hedo experience to it's fullest! While it is true, we do have a few food concerns because of allergies and medical conditions. We only ask these things so that we can be fully prepared so as to have an amazing and adventurous time at Hedo. We are generally go with the flow kind of people and have visited many exotic places and dabbled in things most people would never dream of. However, since Health Care seems kind of sparse in Jamaica we would like to make sure we are taking care of ourselves in the best way possible, even if that means bringing along a grocery bag of assorted goodies.

Thanks for all the wonderful info everyone!

We are looking forward to the trip!
    Sharyn
    "No expectations - always amazed by how much fun we have!"
    Past Trips:
    January 2013 - Caliente Tampa
    January 2013 - Jewel of the Seas
    August 2014 - Naughty in N'awlins 2014
    January 2015 - Hedonsim II
    July 2015 - Naughty in N'awlins 2015
    January 2016 - Hedonism II

Next Trip: Hedonism II, April 21-29, 2017

Loving_Leo_Couple on SLS
    loving_leocouple on H2 Community
    loving_leocouple@yahoo.com

This Feb. will be our second trip to Hedo. We spent over a year browsing the forum and asking questions, but until we found that you have to actually go before you will know enough for your second trip. Melisa and I are opposite in that I'll eat most anything, drink most anything, adapt to most anything, etc. So, we brought Splenda and flavored creamer for her coffee, etc. Once there we learned that she liked the local coffee, there was Splenda and other items she liked, etc. However, she is also a bit picky about what she drinks, and we learned that she doesn't like the wine or Bloody Mary's at Hedo (and she doesn't like to drink anything else). So, for the week she was far too sober for an open bar. I've heard they now stock a better Bloody Mary mix, but we plan to bring about 6 bottles of Melisa's favorite wine and a bottle of Bloody Mary mix, just in case. Our plan is to start with a glass or two of the wine she likes, then follow up with the house wine (you know the story, you can taste the first one and after that they all taste the same).

Moral of the story, your first trip is somewhat of an exploritory trip anyway. Bring what you think you want to bring and have fun. No matter what you do or don't bring, you'll start planning your second trip before you even finish your first week at Hedo.
    Mitch & Melisa

PNK
    PNK said basically what I was thinking!!! If you get a response that the ketchup is horrible, there is no sweetener, etc are you going to walk around *nude* with a box full of condiments?! Just go and enjoy the experience!
    lilgirlnlilboy on SLS, Lovevoodoo, and AFF but normally only check SLS. Cum say hi!

Hedo February 27th- March 9th 2015
    Hedo March 2014
    Hedo March 2013

Basically, bring what you THINK you will need....then the next trip you can bring what you KNOW you will need. Enjoy your time.
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Now I'm going to make it a point to order a hamburger and douse it down good with jerk sauce.Can't believe I never thot about it but I am more a chicken guy anyway.Personally I did not realize the ketchup was not American made.It was as good as Hunt's for sure.The only thing I ever had at Hedo that I thot was over rated was a Purple Rain.Won't try that one again.But the Red Stripe and their other drinks were just fine.Also,the Margaritas we were served were WAY more powerful than what I could make at home with Jose Cuervo so I am going to be sure to see exactly how they make theirs!

The chicken at the nude pool grill is so good I put jerk sauce on the side. That's some good chicken.
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

PNK said it all. If you want everything to be the way it is back home, why travel at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Nudists View Post
    Now I'm going to make it a point to order a hamburger and douse it down good with jerk sauce.Can't believe I never thot about it but I am more a chicken guy anyway.Personally I did not realize the ketchup was not American made.It was as good as Hunt's for sure.The only thing I ever had at Hedo that I thot was over rated was a Purple Rain.Won't try that one again.But the Red Stripe and their other drinks were just fine.Also,the Margaritas we were served were WAY more powerful than what I could make at home with Jose Cuervo so I am going to be sure to see exactly how they make theirs!
    Yeah I have not had a good margarita anyplace on the Island but it's jamicia if I wanted margaritas I would go to Mexico

I dipped my grilled cheese and pizza in jerk sauce. We also make MoBay burgers at home it's your basic cheese burger with jerk sauce on it.

We will be bringing two jugs of Clamato juice in our luggage...Just sayin.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proudly proclaiming -- WOW! What a ride!"

Next ride to Hedo: Jan 29th - Feb 16th 2016. :

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast