Thread: Beach mats

Question Beach mats

The resort was very low on beach mats last November. Wondering if a new supply has arrived since then.

What are beach mats? Never seen such things

Quote Originally Posted by funfortwo View Post
    What are beach mats? Never seen such things
    Beach mats are the single person blue mats that never see water because people use them as chair cushions.

And no, as of Feb they were far and few.

Quote Originally Posted by gsml View Post
    Beach mats are the single person blue mats that never see water because people use them as chair cushions.

Very difficult to find mid-March also.

Quote Originally Posted by gsml View Post

Near impossible to get one in January ...we couldn't even get a beach chair.
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries
    The blue beach mats really were in short supply last month (early-to-mid-March 2015), so I would hope that the resort would order more of them for its guests.

Anita if you can't find a mat to lay on, let me know, you can lay on me for the afternoon
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Why thank you Paul. You are THE gentleman. It will be fun for all when we go out for a float in the ocean. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaica Joe View Post
    The blue beach mats really were in short supply last month (early-to-mid-March 2015), so I would hope that the resort would order more of them for its guests.
    That would be nice to have new ones but the issue is guests that camp on the mats for their loungers. Even last November on our trip it was an issue especially after a specific new group come on property. What was even more irritating was that most mats never left the loungers. The real solation is using the mats for the intended purpose...floating on the water not as an "ass cushion". That being said, some new mats would be a nice addition.
    Karen & Richard
    Hedonism 2 - Nov 18-25, 2014
    Saint Maarten - Club Orient & Orient Beach - Jan 16-26, 2015
    Desire RM - Apr 13-22, 2015
    Saint Maarten - Orient Beach - Nov 22-Dec 6, 2015
    Saint Maarten - Nov 21-Dec 5, 2016
    Desire Pearl - May 11-May19, 2017
    Bliss Cruise - Nov 25 -Dec 3, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by rkd2013 View Post
    That would be nice to have new ones but the issue is guests that camp on the mats for their loungers. Even last November on our trip it was an issue especially after a specific new group come on property. What was even more irritating was that most mats never left the loungers. The real solation is using the mats for the intended purpose...floating on the water not as an "ass cushion". That being said, some new mats would be a nice addition.
    Back in the day when all the lounge chairs were solid plastic and not very comfortable the mats were intended as "ass cushions" and doubled as a float. There were also many more mats available. Now that the chairs are stretched canvas and more comfortable the mats are no longer required which is why I think they are not being replaced.
    Last edited by Hedo1990; 04-08-2015 at 11:13 AM.

Exactly right Hedo1990. The new lounge chairs are very comfortable without extra padding. I don't blame the owners for not buying anymore mats. Most people that want to float out in the ocean bring their own inflatable mat. As RKD said, whenever there were more of the blue mats they'd just get monopolized as ass cushions by a lucky few.

I don't think it is too much to ask the resort to provide one mat for each guest. It should be up to each guest to use it for an 'ass' cushion, water float or both. Maybe I expect too much on my vacation. BTW, I have never gone to Hedo without taking my own water float, but I shouldn't have to.

Hedo just bought all brand new loungers so that everyone could have a good one -- and they are comfortable. Everybody has their own personal idea of what they would like and what they think ownership should spend money on. Those mats aren't cheap. I'd guess $30 minimum even in a bulk order. It'd take about 480 of them for everybody to have their own. A little over $14,000. There are over 10,000 different annual guests that go to hedo each year. If just 5% of these guests are fussy enough to think that they should get to pick any item for $30 and have one available for everybody on the resort that's $7,000,000. I can think of a lot of ways to invest that much money there that would benefit everybody not just the fussy 5%.

maybe the hedo po po should start telling everyone that is using them for loungers to take them back to water mat locations where others may enjoy using the floats as they were intended to be used ( not a ass cushion for the touche ) just saying. Or maybe hedo should just do away with floats all together, cmon man, if you ain't gonna float on it, lay it to the side where others that want to float can. ass sore problems, get a few extra towels to lay on. But of course that would then bring up the towel shortage and everyone could complain about that, oh what to do.