Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First timers going June 2008!!!

First timers going June 2008!!!

Hi everyone! My husband and I are headed to Hedo3 June 20-25 next summer. I can hardly wait a week...much less almost a YEAR! I was wondering if there is anyone else planning on going when we are?? Also, do you Hedo "veterans" have any tips for us? Idea? Suggestions? ETC?

*counting the days!!!*

Shelley

You will be there a bit before us, so get the party started. We go 8/2 to 8/9 with a group of our best freinds. It is not too early to start counting, we put the count down calendar on the computer the day we got back from this years trip. This is a great site to ask questions. Ask away and and your trip will be here in no time.

Kerry and my hottie hubby Nick
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

I am so excited I just can't comprehend waiting...hehe. I'm fairly young and well, bred by crazy over-protective parents, so I've got so many questions so that I can feel comfortable. I am very comfortable and ANXIOUS at the idea of it all, but thats just it....its still only a figment of my imagination. I'm so afraid that I will "clam-up" and not want to do anything. I'm also worried that my husband (who is EXTREMELY antisocial) will not want to go partying with me.

Can you tell I'm worrying??

Do you have any suggestions on how to ease my fears? Do you recommend any pre-trip activities?

I can't believe I'm so excited yet so apprehensive in the same breath!

Michelle (and Michael)

"Free" booze does a lot for claming up and for the antisocial.

We were 22 & 23 when we went for the first time 3 years ago. Much in the same situation as you. The good thing about Hedo is that you can just sit by the pool or chill in the disco and not be forced into participating in activities. Plus, make friends before you go so that you will have people to chat or dance with if hubby doesn't feel like it. Not that you'll have trouble finding friends once you get there.

You can both have the vacation you want. Just don't, whatever you do, wait to get naked. You will regret it. Do not unpack, do not eat, just GET YOUR ASS NAKED and head directly to the nude pool and grab a drink. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. That's the best advice.

Blog Entries
    Being excited yet apprehensive is very common. You have plenty of time to get ready. Before our first trip I read back through the archives here and other sites. I was already so hooked I think I read back over a years worth of posts, and I read every trip report ever published. At least that will give you an idea of what you might expect, and you will learn not to expect anything in particular other than to meet great people and have a great time.

I wish we had advise on how to survive so long before your trip - we just chat online w/ our hedo friends (the best friends we have by far) and plan trips to go visit them. Nothing will really cure the DIF, other than taking another trip sooner ... hmmmmmmm ...

-Rob

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

I wish I could take a trip sooner!! Anyone out there up for financing it....LOL! So just get naked.....someone else told me that as well.

I know the alcohol will help me, but hubby's not a big drinker....well, not really. He will probably cast that aside with his clothes when we get there. He has no worries at all about being naked. He is about 6 years older than me and has WAY more life experiences....hehe. I am a bit crazier (yay Catholic school girls!!!) but like I said, very apprehensive about the getting naked thing. If I'm drunk, that's one thing, but I don't want to be drunk the WHOLE time I'm there.

I also wanted to ask what other attractions any of you have been to see there? Bob Marley's? Rose Hall? Just curious as Michael is interested in doing some cultural stuff as well.

I'm already feeling better about everything! I think I'm just going to keep chatting here and meeting people, like you said.

Thanks everyone!!!

MrsQuackers and I were the same way the first time we went. The apprehension is really the worst part. Once you're there and make the mental leap to walk onto the nude side, wearing nothing but a grimace, you'll find that those insecurities and fears vanish within 5 minutes or so. Everyone's already naked, so they've seen literally everything for a long time that day - and you'll see all sorts of budy types.

We put our towels down and jumped in the (thank God, warm) water, reveling in the feeling of it (TOTALLY different than when you're in the water in a bathing suit). We stuck to ourselves at first, getting used to the idea and talking when I noticed my wife staring incredulously over my shoulder. I glanced over and we saw some dude with a 12-14" shlong standing on the bar. I turned back to her and said "you keep right on staring!!!". We both laughed, then went to get a drink. As we got to the bar, someone sitting there said "you guys must have just gotten here!"

"How can you tell?," we asked. "Do we look that nervous?"

"Nah! I've never seen anyone that pale in my life," he laughed.

We had made our first friend - and never thought twice about being naked there. It's the best feeling there is.
    Next trip: July 21-28, 2012.
    Will your trip intersect? Let's talk! Send us a PM! We're always looking to meet fun, cool people!

ROFLMAO! You touched on one of my "sensitive" points. I am a very pale person! I am mostly Norweigan with a bit of Irish and Welsh....no color there! So not only am I 6' tall, but I'm a 6' tall piece of paper...lol!

I guess I'll have to work on my tan (yeah right) before I get there!

We had a discussion before we went and I had all the same fears as you mymachelle. The best thing is to decide to go and have fun, don't get hung up with all the things that might not happen, or might happen, just enjoy yourselves, the rest will folow. We are typical Brit's, very conservative, don't discuss sex openly and could be regarded as somewhat antisocial and reserved. and had never had any experiences before we went to H3. Yet we went and had a fantastic time and all our secret desires came true, tenfold. Hedo is an awesome, indiscribable place and you will have an awesome time. Promise!

On a seriou note, if you are pale, I'd really try and tan in a booth for at least a month before going. The last thing you want after a day in the caribbean sun is to get to your room and realize you are burnt to a crisp. We saw a couple people there who were in some real pain...and they would have been in more pain if the alcohol wasn't free LOL. A good base tan will help immensely (sp?) Other that that, I'd just say again what everyone else has said...don't hesitate to go to the nude side first thing. My wife didn't even unpack, which she usually does that forst no matter where we go. Suitcases are all empty within the first 5 minutes in the room LOL. She stripped off the clothes and off we went. We never regretted a thing. As others have also said, this forum is the greatest way to meet others before you get there. It gives you a sense that you won't be there alone...there will be someone else there that you can talk to right away - if you can find them LOL Most of all, go with an open mind and expect to have fun. BTW, I noticed you had a Yahoo account. We are on there also under shadow_22261 (hers) and gmcflightrn86 (mine) Feel free to contact us via YahooIM if you like
    Last edited by foxflyer; 08-31-2007 at 03:18 PM. Reason: forgot a thought

That is one difference I did notice between US and Uk. In UK, we are now very conscious of safety in tanning and, in fact, a tan isn't as important as being safe. If anything, in UK and Europe, the women now try to avoid a tan as it ages the skin (amongst other things) We tend to use false tanning products or enjoy being white. Hubby won the whitest bum at Hedo and we had been there two weeks lol

LOL... now that sounds like my kind of contest!!! I really appreciate everyone's comments! Michael and I are so excited we can hardly stand it. I definitely now I'll be less apprehensive once I get there....thanks entirely to the forums and all of YOU!

Anyone who'd like can contact me via Yahoo IM. I'm usually on.....screen name same as here. mymachelle

Thanks again! Feel free to keep posting your wonderful advice. Or better yet, we are thinking about altering our trip dates to meet up with some more people or even get in with a group. Who all is going next summer-ish??

Michelle (and Michael)

We are going Nov 1-8th of '08. Think you can wait that long?

Wow, I thought we held the record for long range planning - you have a month longer than us to wait!

Don't worry about the tan thing. Last year I had the "farmers tan" thing going, and after a week naked in the sun wearing SPF 60, I left the same way. Fortunately, people are figuring out how badly the sun ages your skin and being lily white is becoming more accepted in our culture. Besides, Hedo is the last place where you are going to be judged by your appearance, partcularily something as trivial as a tan.

On a serious note however, make sure you and the husband are on the same page with social activities. As an outgoing type, you will certainly have opporunities to be VERY social. If hubby is not expecting this, you might have some serious problems. There are plenty of posts on the various Hedo message boards concerning guidelines for couples. I suggest you read and heed.
    Mikey and Diane

Well...my wife and I leave for Hedo III this coming Saturday (Sept. 8) for our virgin trip. We are feeling many of the apprehensions that have been discussed here, but the excitement is overwhelming! I booked this trip last November, and we have waited a LONG time also *LOL*. After a week with the JWST group (which we have gotten to know as a GREAT group of people ) we plan on a trip report soon after our return.
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast