Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trip Rant

Specializing in nautical/terrestrial acquistion and redistribution

Trip Rants/Raves

You know, vacation only comes once a year for most of us, and it really does a body good to have time off from, well, whatever you do on a daily basis. Our H3 end of things were great, the staff was excellent and everyone that I and me mate of the knot tying kind, Crossbones, met were awesome. But unfortunately, I have a rant. Our travel itinerary was severely lacking. Our schedule of events lies below, were working on a more detailed version to send to the culprits, Air Jamaica.

August 31st, leave Tampa – Continental airlines flight # 9197 @ 8pm EST, arrive Ft Lauderdale @ 9:10pm.
    Sept 1st, 5am shuttle to Ft Lauderdale airport, arrived at gate 6am for Air Jamaica flight# 038 scheduled for departure 7:30am EST.
    Approximately 7:15am, an announcement was made that the flight was delayed until 8:30am. At 8:40am, another announcement was made stating that the flight was further delayed and that we’d be given more information at 9:15am.
    Approximately 9:40am, the announcement was made that the flight would be leaving at 11:30am. We were given meal vouchers for $7.50 each. Finally the flight boarded, and we arrived in Kingston at approximately 12:30 local time. This was to be a short stop with an immediate continuation to Montego Bay. We were due to arrive in Montego Bay at 9:30am local time. At this point, the Kingston bound passengers disembarked. Rather than continuing to Montego Bay, the remaining passengers were asked to disembark, at which point, we were informed that this flight would not be continuing, and that we’d be placed on a different flight, scheduled to leave Kingston at 3:15pm.
    We had booked a vacation at a an all-inclusive resort in Runaway Bay. With this latest change in travel itinerary, barring any additional delays, the earliest we would have arrived at our resort would have been 6pm local time, a full 6 hours after our scheduled arrival time. At this point, rather than waiting for the plane to Montego Bay, followed by a lengthy bus ride, we decided to obtain a bus, and travel directly from Kingston to Runaway Bay. Air Jamaica did make the arrangements for us and provided a $2 meal voucher. By doing this, we arrived at our resort at 4:30pm local time.

We left our resort on the 7:00am local time bus, and we arrived at Montego Bay just after 8:00am local. We were scheduled to leave Montego Bay at 11:30 local time, aboard Air Jamaica flight # 035. This would have put us in Ft Lauderdale at a scheduled time of 2:10pm EST, which would have allowed us to make our Continental Airline connection flight# 9301 at 4:30pm. It was imperative that we arrive back in Tampa Bay that evening as we needed to pickup our daughter from the babysitter as she had to work that evening. Shortly after 10:00am, we were informed that our flight would be delayed until 12:40pm. We were very concerned that we would not be able to make our connecting flight if there were any further delays. We approached the Air Jamaica customer service counter to inquire about our flight and we were assured that flight # 035 would be leaving at 12:40pm. The flight was further delayed until 1:15pm, and finally cancelled. By this time, we had missed the 10:30 flight to Orlando, which we possibly could have taken at the time we were talking to customer service. We were informed that there was an American Airlines flight departing shortly, and that if we hurried, we might make it to Miami. At this point, 12 passengers from flight # 035, including ourselves, quickly passed through customs and claimed our baggage, then had to run outside in the heat all the way around the building, carrying our luggage by hand. Upon our arrival at the American Airlines ticket counter, we were told that the flight was closed and had finished boarding. At this point, the remainder of flight # 035 passengers opted to stay in a hotel and fly to Ft Lauderdale in the morning. This was not an option for us. At this point, an Air Jamaica representative was finally able to book us on a flight to Kingston, and from there to Ft Lauderdale. Incidentally, the flights to Kingston and Ft Lauderdale were delayed by over an hour. We were promised ground transportation from Ft Lauderdale to Tampa International airport. It was nearly 11pm when we arrived in Ft Lauderdale, and when we cleared customs at 11:30, we were approached by a Air Jamaica agent who told us we were not getting ground transport and we’d have to spend the night in Ft Lauderdale. At this point, we left the airport and rented a car, and drove the remaining 5 hours home, finally arriving in Tampa at 4:30am.

I have to say that the ride from Kingston to Runaway Bay was great, we were able to see a part of the country that we never would have if the travel plans would've worked out. IDK, maybe we can get Air Jamaica to apologise and hand us a free ticket for next year (laughs histerically). We had a great time at H3, but it seemed muted by the fact that we had a hard time with travel.
    Last edited by Kelley; 09-23-2007 at 02:15 PM.
    "Pirates are crude, vile, highly
    offensive creatures who compensate for their lack of knowledge and manners
    with debauchery. Now everyone can stop with nicey, nicey and start being Pirates!!! AARRRGGGGHHH! !!!!"

Wow, so sorry this happened to you all. What a nightmare to ruin your otherwise great time at Hedo. We, too, missed our connecting flight to K.C. with a delay from Montego Bay to Memphis. Northwest airlines, however, put us up for the night in a hotel in downtown Memphis and we found ourselves down on Beale street, having taken a 1920's trolley there and spent some time eating BBQ'd ribs at BB King's place while listening to some great live Blues music. It was a neat twist to ending our vacation at Hedo 2. I wish yours had ended more like ours. We had four kids to come home to, too, but our delay was okay. (My son is a great fan of pirates and is one on every single Halloween!) Argggg.... Again, so sorry this happened to you. And by the way, love your jokes.
    Last edited by Juliegirl; 09-22-2007 at 11:10 PM.
    R and J

More ammo to NOT fly AJ!

Glad none of my flights or connections are on Air Jamaica!

I have to say that my opening post, in no way, shape, or form, relayed the frustration and anger at Air Jamaica's indifference. Or to point out our physical fitness exam conducted when we were running around the Mobay airport trying to find a way home. Literally. I have a L-AKA, and my prosthetic was beginning to malfunction. We should've had a "margin of error" included in our travel plans, little did we know that we'd experience problems outbound as well as inbound for the same trip. In the end, we arrived home safe, even though I had been awake for 23.5 stressful-laden hours ending with a 5 hour drive home. We absolutely had to be home to take charge of our 17-month old daughter from our babysitter, as she, as well as my wife, had to work on Monday, Sept 10th.

There was some initial friction as another group hazed us upon arrival the first evening at H3, our Jolly Roger was stolen from it's place hanging at the nude pool bar and hoisted in a tree next to the nude pool. We were a bit frazzled by the inbound trip, we just wanted to have a drink and relax. No biggie, tensions were released and we all had a great time for the rest of the week. As I stated above, all of the H3 staff were nonpareil, the EC's even had a special pirate appreciation show for us one night that wasnt "Pirate night", using some of the pirate gear we gave away. The shopping trip into Ocho Rios was better than the trip last year into Negril in that the sellers werent constantly trying to get you into their shops and stalls, and they seemed more polite. The trip Crossbones and I took to Nine Mile was excellent, although she declined a spliff as she's a doc at a hospital local to us. Me either,,we're both non-smokers,, I can handle quite a bit of booze, but half a toke, especially for the size of the spliffs I saw, puts me down like 5 dogs laying down on a porch in the summer heat.

Would've been great, except for the travel. Next time, we'll travel direct from Tampa. All in all, it was a really good time.

Then the JWST arrived on September 8th,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Last edited by Kelley; 09-23-2007 at 02:14 PM. Reason: text
    with debauchery. Now everyone can stop with nicey, nicey and start being Pirates!!! AARRRGGGGHHH! !!!!"

Rant

First off if you thought you were going to have no problems with airlines coming out of the state that was your biggest mistake. No one knows how to run a good airline they are just out for the money. Sprint was no better over JA. They are all bad.

But as we can see you had a great time at the resort.

Quote Originally Posted by turbine99 View Post
    First off if you thought you were going to have no problems with airlines coming out of the state that was your biggest mistake. No one knows how to run a good airline they are just out for the money. Sprint was no better over JA. They are all bad.

But as we can see you had a great time at the resort.
    I know, it's all relative. Last years travel to and from H2 went off without a hitch though. Perfect.
    Last edited by Kelley; 09-23-2007 at 02:12 PM. Reason: text

Air Jamaica, Now 2 Ontime Flights per Month!

Seriously... I hate that airline. I will never fly them again unless it is a direct flight with no connections.

One peeve of mine is that half the time they don't even tell you about the kingston stop when you book your flight, so it is unexpected and annoying.

On one of our trips we left Montego Bay, flew to Kingston, picked people up, some douche left his passport on the counter and they literally held the plane up for an hour on the runway while they brought it out to him. We were already late anyways, we get to Ft. Lauderdale, and customs computers are down. We wait 45 minutes in a tiny sweltering windless breezeless corridor with no chairs (they should have passed out water, I sent a letter to Ft. Lauderdale airport) finally to get through customs and to baggage claim only to find Air Jamaica hadn't offloaded our luggage yet. They had 45 minutes and still hadn't started. So finally the luggage started coming, and of course our bags were last. We grabbed them, ran through the other half of customs (Begging everyone to let us go ahead of them). Ran through the airport to try to reach our connecting flight (Ft Lauderdale airport has a shitty layout doesn't it?) all those idiots who were standing in the middle of the aisleways with bags blocking traffic, they totally got jostled by me, but I didn't care, I had 5 minutes.

Of course we missed the flight anyways, AJ did put us up in a room and got us a flight the next day, luckily we didn't have anything too pressing.

Still, direct flights are the key.
    Chris
    Site Administrator
    AdultTravelForum - |The Naked Truth about Hedonism II|Slut Wear|Site Themed Clothing

Quote Originally Posted by Juliegirl View Post
    (My son is a great fan of pirates and is one on every single Halloween!) Argggg.... Again, so sorry this happened to you. And by the way, love your jokes.
    Thanks for posting everyone, seems like I'm the only one posting jokes right now. I think I'll quit for awhile and let everybody else give it a shot .

I used to be a bartender in ATL in the 80's(one of my jobs other than motorcycles/automotive), bad jokes just seemed to follow me around. That and friends emailing them all the time.

FYI, I <3 Dirty Hargis & Crossbones. We miss you guys!

Wow... I know this is my first post (thanks Divaleh), but it sounds like people had a really rough go of it. The flight down from Newark to Miami was a breeze, with the exception that I must fall under the "generic terrorist look-alike" because as always, I was cavity searched. Besides that Miami was great, met some crazy people who prepped me for the insanity to come, which was nice. Met up with Snake the Enforcer in Miami and then jaunted off to Mo Bay. Of course, we were flying AA, which apppears to be the way to go.

Anyway, after the bus ride from Mo Bay to H3, Snake brought me to my room, rushed me downstairs, barely giving me time to throw on my bathing suit. Granted, it was my virgin trip, so I saw that there was really no need for it. Snake disrobed, jumped in and had a drink in his hand before I had even figured out where I was or how I was supposed to act. Snake gave me a look that said, "Dude, I didn't bring you down here to wear that!" So, I quickly got nekkid and hopped in. 8 days later, 4 kegs of Red Stripe, countless Vodka Slushies and a myriad of other beverages we left. I would love to go into the events of every night, but that would take days, and my words would do them no justice!

So, we left H3, hopped the "Bus of Doom" and headed to the airport. Snake and I had a direct flight to JFK, but it was delayed, much to my chagrin. but lo-and-behold I hear, "Shaggy... Shaggy... Hey Jackass!!!" Of course I look up then to see The Prince. Snake and I join him upstairs as the Captain procedes to fight all of Jamaica Air. After that, we found a bar and there, the BareAss Buccaneers started to reconvene. Bill & Cathy showed up, and then Dirty Hargis & Crossbones showed up at the end of drink-a-thon in the airport.

Eventually Snake and I left and travelled back with little to no difficulty.

All in all, there is NO question about whether I am going back next year. The answer is YES, YES, YES!!!!

Missing everyone from the Bucs!!

Best,

Shaggy

We've flown Air Jamaica a few times and it's never been good. Usually it's just minor delays though. Our first trip to Hedo III was on Air Jamaica and it was not good at all. First we were delayed about 90 minutes leaving Atlanta, not too bad but I am already unhappy. Then we make one of those surprise stops in Kingston, some people get off (they were in on the secret stop), then some more people get on. We sit there in this sardine can getting hotter by the minute a long time then the flight attendants come around and talk to the people that just go on and they get off again. More time passes and we are finally told there is a hydraulic leak and they are looking at repairs. Should be in the air before long. Finally after sitting on the runway for two hours they load the people back on the plane and we leave. We are way behind schedule now but at least there's no line at Customs, getting in at 7pm versus 3 pm must be a good thing right. Oh and as we are walking away from the gate full of people who mistakenly thought they were leaving some 4 hours ago we hear the announcement that their flight would be delayed while they fixed a hydraulic leak on the plane. Now either they didn't do a very good job in Kingston or they didn't do anything.

American Airlines last trip we had five flights total, shortest delay was over an hour with the longest being over three, and they are doing what they do best. I'd hate to see what they suck at.

U.S. Air, coming into Charlotte on a return trip couldn't land due to storm. Flew to Myrtle beach and refueled then sat on runway for a while before going to Charlotte. Missed connecting flight so we are staying the night. Asked about hotel comp since we missed flight because of delay, no that's at our expense. Were they goingto make arrangements to get us on a plane the next day, nope call this 800 number. Comment from a friend of ours to gate agent "I'm pretty sure I won't fly U.S. Air again" agent's reply "I'm pretty sure we don't care".

We generally have to pay more to fly Northwest but so far they have been good. We fly from Little Rock to Memphis then straight to Mobay.
    Dave and Carolyn Jamaica Gemini's
    Because everyone has a naughty twin that comes out to play at Hedo!
    Oct 30th - Nov 7th 2009. Kink Week and Wild Women's Week.

We fly frequently & for the past year we've found that each & every trip had a snafu somewhere. It seems to be the future of travel....lots of people going to lots of places and not enough resources to handle it. One delayed arrival or departure causes a ripple effect throughout...ditto with storms anywhere in the world generally.

Frankly, I'm happy that USAirways flies out of Burlington & we're able to get anywhere on them. We've certainly ran into our share of surly flight attendants & employees with them & with just about every other airline. And we've gotten used to the additional wait time for all the delayed flights (thank goodness the airlines now build more of a cushion into their flight times!). We have so few other carriers here in BTV that we take what we can get!!

That being said, I would never fly Air Jamaica again. They have zero respect for their customers & they could apparently care less about your vacation. Since they are primarily a vacation destination airline, that sucks. They are notorious for all the issues you had with them.

Try anyone else & just forget about AJ.

Best of luck with your future flights & chin up!!

Liz
    Liz & Chris

Quote Originally Posted by kelwa1 View Post
    .. our Jolly Roger was stolen..
    WHO would do such a thing??!!

xxx

Greetz from Europe, hottees!

Quote Originally Posted by fleshforfantasy View Post
    WHO would do such a thing??!!

xxx

Greetz from Europe, hottees!

, LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast