Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tequila Anyone?

Patron is very good tequilla, Silver is our favorite!! When are you going spoonbread??
    critter2
    Delroy's,last trip was Nov.22nd-26th 2013 and then Cliffside Nov.27th-Dec.2nd. Next trip Nov.21-22nd White Sands,Nov23rd-30th Delroys!!
    Bill N Donna

we will be arriving on 11/13 and styaying a week. we can't wait....
    "If you have to think about it just do it" :

K & S

Quote Originally Posted by blazenlyhappy View Post
    It is a bit off subject but last May '07 at Desire Cabo the bartender made me a Don Julio Margarita and it was heavenly! I can never go back to a mixed margarita when the Don Julio (with fresh squeezed lime juice) beverage has been tasted. Can you please tell me exactly how to make one because I'll go get the stuff and be sipping one this weekend if you will!

Thanks inadvance for your help. I only wish that I could get beverages that tasty at Hedo this November when we are home for the week (we love H2 oh but to sip Don Julio all week long at Delroys) sounds even more heavenly.

Blaze
    i have the perfect recipe. would you like it?
    "If you have to think about it just do it" :

K & S

Then we shall see you at Delroy's on the 14th!!!!!!

Bill & Donna
    critter2
    Delroy's,last trip was Nov.22nd-26th 2013 and then Cliffside Nov.27th-Dec.2nd. Next trip Nov.21-22nd White Sands,Nov23rd-30th Delroys!!
    Bill N Donna

Blog Entries
    I have some patron silver in my freezer right now. I may go toake a shot after reviewing this post again. I am really debating on whethere I should bring a bottle of good tequila with me to the resort??? I usually just drink the rum and other mixed drinks there and do not miss the tequila much....but it would be nice if they stocked a better tequila for us tequila lovers. Since they have had Johnny Walker, Crown, Desarono and other top shelf liquors a top shelf tequila would be nice!!!

Thumbs up

On the advice of a salesperson yesterday, we bought a bottle of Chaya, Anejo, pretty damn smooth....choices...choices...

Ivy and Rick
    "Life is to short, party naked"
    Last edited by weliveinvegas; 11-09-2008 at 11:34 AM.

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Blog Entries
    I guess I need to take the lists from this post and go shopping!!!! After purchasing all of the above, have a side by side taste test! Now that would be a fun evening!!! I just don't know how far I would get......

Hello Spoonbread,

yes, would love it. thanks

Blog Entries

Nice!!!

Nice pic! Love the rock!!! Maybe margarita body shots at Hedo should be a new event!!! Yummy!

Specializing in nautical/terrestrial acquistion and redistribution
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueeyes12 View Post
    I guess I need to take the lists from this post and go shopping!!!! After purchasing all of the above, have a side by side taste test! Now that would be a fun evening!!! I just don't know how far I would get......
    Just go to a bar close to you that has a big tequila selection, buy it by the shot and compare side by side. Have "P" be your driver, or you hers, if she happens to be the guinea pig. After all, there's bound to be at least one you don't like, and that way, you don't have to find a way to get rid of the bottle of the one that doesn't strike your fancy. Then you'll know for sure which ones you wanna stock at home.

Or,,,, if you've already purchased some tequila, and it doesn't fit your bill, P.M. me and we can come to an accord on some pirate liquor trading, (INSERT PIRATE SMILIE HERE).

Disclaimer,,,, I will NOT discuss the trading/bartering of rotgut !!!!
    Last edited by Kelley; 10-21-2008 at 12:30 PM.
    "Pirates are crude, vile, highly
    offensive creatures who compensate for their lack of knowledge and manners
    with debauchery. Now everyone can stop with nicey, nicey and start being Pirates!!! AARRRGGGGHHH! !!!!"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kelwa1 View Post
    Just go to a bar close to you that has a big tequila selection, buy it by the shot and compare side by side. Have "P" be your driver, or you hers, if she happens to be the guinea pig. After all, there's bound to be at least one you don't like, and that way, you don't have to find a way to get rid of the bottle of the one that doesn't strike your fancy. Then you'll know for sure which ones you wanna stock at home.

Or,,,, if you've already purchased some tequila, and it doesn't fit your bill, P.M. me and we can come to an accord on some pirate liquor trading, (INSERT PIRATE SMILIE HERE).

Disclaimer,,,, I will NOT discuss the trading/bartering of rotgut !!!!

Kelly,

Good idea!!!! I think I just need to come to Florida and let you be my tequila guide!! I have done some taste test, but not with this list. There are some on here I am definitely wanting to try. Good tequila is a passion for me like good wine. I love both. The rotgut tequila that I keep on hand is for rookies that do not know the difference and I can mix them a cheap margarita! ha ha
    I save the good stuff back for the people that know the difference. The only problem is I usually educate them after a few times and everyone wants the good stuff. I currently have 5 bottles: Patron Silver, Don Julio, Tres Generaciones (It is a nice Sauza), Sauza Commemorativo, and the rotgut 100 Aņos Reposado. I also have some Patron Citronge' which I really enjoy. You guys need to come back for New Years! We are headed down to Hedo 3 Dec30 - Jan 8th!!!!!

See ya! Blue

Tequila!

My 2cents on tequila. After surviving a factory tour at Sauzsa we determined that Hornitos was actually the smoothest of the lot. But have to say that Don Pedro de Tosoro, even their regular white tequila (no carmel additive), is the smoothest of any ever tried, regardless of price. What can you carry into Jamaica? Does it have to be declared?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dailyt View Post
    My 2cents on tequila..... What can you carry into Jamaica? Does it have to be declared?
    We took a 750ML bottle of Patron into Jamaica this year and yes, we did declare it with no problems mon...We purchased it at the Duty Free shop in LAX, it was hand carried to the aircraft and given to us before departure.

Ivy and Rick
    "Life is to short, party naked"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Ok got some small bottles of Tequilla Rose and a little Patron Silver, hope our room fridge as a freezer and we will be set!!! Who's ready for some tequilla??????
    critter2
    Bill N Donna

OMG I'm buying Patron at duty free...it's crazy expensive here lol. But I will have you know that I've been dressing in my Hedo evening wear and gulping bad tequillia for the past few weekends whenever possible lol. (can you tell I've already had one?)
    Nov 13th - 20th - First time visitor!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast