Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pretty Disappointing - 1st Timers

Pretty Disappointing - 1st Timers

We are first timers and just got back last night. Quite frankly, this was a very disppointing trip. We go on vacation to avoid hassles and we had a lot of them at HEDO III.

Our biggest area of dissatisfaction centered around a lack of customer service. Also, we felt that we were not being told the truth by staff and management

1. Lost luggage (not initially an issue with Hedo). However, we were told by Superclubs staff at the Airport lounge, Spirit personnel and customer service personnel at HIII that when the luggage arrived on the flight, that it would be sent out on the next shuttle. Spirit called and told us they gave it to the Superclubs lounge, but when it did not arrive two and one half hours later we tried to get someone to call the lounge. It was like pulling teeth to get a call to be made and when they finally did, we were told there is no luggage at the SuperClubs Lounge, that is against our policy to take luggage from airline, etc.. But guess what, approximately 1 hour 20 minutes after the call, our luggage shows up... on the shuttle, .... from the Superclubs Lounge (my wife saw them unload it and asked the driver where it came from). If they forgot to put it on the shuttle or even just didn't put it on, we would have accepted it as we knew the bags were coming. To not tell us the truth, be it at the Lounge or with the hotel, added worry that our bags were not in Jamaica, or had been stolen.

2. The Room - We paid in advance for a suite. But when we arrived we were told it was being cleaned. Then we were told there was a problem and that it was being fixed, and then that could not be fixed that night. While we were given a room for the night, we were told we would have to change the next day. It took four trips to the front desk and approximately 3-4 hours of hassles to get our room. Ironically, we were told we should not expect a room as check in was not until 3:00. Excuse me we got there the day before. It took threats to contact Superclubs management and involvment with every managerial person I could find to get anything done.

What we also thought was unusual was that if the room was being fixed why couldn't we get it until check -in time at 3:00. Hummmm, do you think they overbooked and didn't want to ell us, or give us compensation.

3. The theft. Unfortuately once we got our clothes and room resolved my wife got sick and we needed to have the doctor come ($240, ouch). When I went to the safe to get my credit cards, I realized they were gone, as was most of our cash. Only a small amount was left wrapped around my Driver's Licence and ATM Card. It looked like I had left it, but missing vital matters.
    Could I have left the safe open? Anything is possible, but I am usually very good at locking up everything.
    When I was told that I needed to make a report with the head of security, he grilled me and seemed to be acting like I had made the story up or wa lying about it. He was downright rude and seemed to forget WE WERE THE VICTIMS. Again hassles.

Some other minor issues:

Service at Scotch Bonnet was atrocious. we ate there twice and it took over an hour to get served the first time, and almost an hour the second. During both meals, we were not there at a lunch or dinner rush, and did not order anything that wasn't already prepared.

Service at the Buffet was up and down. Often we had to ask for things like napkins and flatware. Would it kill them to bring us a cup of coffee in the morning, and how about not fixing the expresso machine for three days. Other times we recieved very prompt and courteous service.

The entertainment staff. Only once in four days did we see any of the organized daytime poolside activities take place. (We were really looking forward to these activities as this was our first trip and we really wanted a catalyst to help meet people.) We believed that this lack of activities was because there was a huge group that was recieving all of the attention. But let's face it, antime you cater to one group at the expense of the others, you lose business in the long run. And we would be very repeat business.

Creepy Guy - No, we don't have any penthouse fantasies that we want to partake in with you. Go ask your wife to fulfill those fantasies. And if you read this remember, NO MEANS NO, the first time, the second time, and the third time you ask. Although, there shouldn't have to be a second or third time should there.

The good things:

We did meet some really nice people. We really appreciate the goodbyes and well wishes that our next trip (if there is one) would be better.

John's Jerk Chicken Sandwiches at the nudie grill were out of this world.

You can never drink too many dirty bananas.

The roasted garlic soup at Pastafari (just a little less salt).

When we first arrived, we were looking for towels and Dice ran (literally) all over the resort to get us some.

Summary:

For all of the problems, we were given a 3 day "satisfaction" voucher to be used in the next year. But to be honest it is doubtful we will use it. While saving some money is nice, we value our time and a stress free, hassle free vacation much, much more. We had great hopes and expectations for this trip and HEDO III and Superclubs failed to deliver.

Hope you have a better experience.

thanks for the repot for HIII. We are going to HII for the first time and we were told we would enjoy HII much more. Sorry HIII did not meet your expectations. Our trip to Atlantis was like what you described. We will never go back there either...

Sorry about all the "situations" that you had at Hedo III, but do not give up on the resort, just like with everything you can have a bad experience, but give them another chance to prove to you and your wife that they can and will improve. I know it is a lame excuse but we have all had bad experiences and on another day everything was great. Give them another chance with your free vouchers and then if you are not happy then you gave them a double chance to impress. Maybe you could try Hedo II?? Just a suggestion.. Hope to see you again, See all in Nov...
    Love Ya , Mean It
    DIF Is Killing me!
    Hedo II - Spanksgiving 2010

Can we have your voucher?
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

It has our names and is higlighted non-transferable, non-exchangeable.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Hopefully your next vacation will meet your expectations better. So many places to see!!!

Good luck!

Liz
    Liz & Chris

Damn, oh well, lol. It was worth a shot.
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Maybe we just set our expectations too high.

We have been going to Mexico for the last six years and never had any situations to rival this. Maybe we will try Desire next time.

Next time

Based on our experience and reading this forum, what you describe has to be a one in a million case. Next time you go I recommend that you book your travel through a travel agent that has a lot of experience with HIII. I only know of First Travel aka Wild Women Vacations, because we recently booked with them.
    Beth (at WWV) will ensure that your stay is to your expectations.
    During our recent trip (May 2-9) we had a few issues, that could have escalated, and she took care of them immediately and I'm telling you she can move heaven and earth at HIII. Even if she is not at the resort, all you have to do is mention that you booked with her and they'll jump. WWV books a huge number of HIII guests and beyond that she has a great relationship with HIII management.
    I know you should be treated like you expect without having to rely on a travel agent, but such is life, and HIII is too great of a place not to return based on a bizarre/unfortunate week of occurences.

Maybe some other forum members can name a few other groups/travel agents that are good to book with, that will give you that edge in dealing with small issues that can escalate.

Sorry to hear you had such a bad time, in our previous 8 trips we have never had any of the issues you have mentioned above. Its hard to tell someone to give it another shot when they went with high expectations and then had happen to them what you had happen. I am not sure I would if I were in your shoes and we love Hedo. If you do give it another shot, as mentioned in the above post, go with a Travel Agent that specializes in Hedo type vacations. Go with a group, ready made friends and usually hosts that are representatives of those Travel Agents.

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

I am so sorry, my husband and I had a great time at H3 and are planning another trip for March 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Princess View Post
    I am so sorry, my husband and I had a great time at H3 and are planning another trip for March 2010
    Any chance of waiting til April 2010?

It does look like you had an unfortunate experience ... In all our trips we never had such problems ... and never theft ... we leave our laminator, Lap top , hats, T-shirts etc for the group, all out every day and night in the room and NEVER had a problem ... Like RTMILF said you were one in a million ...
    We were always taught to share... how well we learned that lesson
    March Madness at Hedo III ...March 14 - 21, 2010. Come join the FUN

March Madness at Hedo IIIhttp://www.4hedonism.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3336&dateline=1194822  307
Your Current Signature Picture
    March Madness Yahoo Group

Very interesting...We are going for the first time in August and have a "suite" booked as well. I'm curious to see now if we will have the same problem as two groups will be there at the same time.

We are normally very mellow travellers and realize that things happen, not only in Mexico and Jamaica, but here as well. It is not the incidnet, but management's response that is important. For example, last year we got to Mexico and the resort only had rooms with King beds and we were a family of 4. Plus no rollaways were available. It took a while to get it fixed, but they did everything they could to make it right, we made the best of it and had a great trip. They also gave us some comps without us even having to ask. They also kept us informedat every step. (We were actually joking that they were keeping us too informed, but you can't fault for that) We were so pleased with their response that we suggsted the resort to our best friends this year.

We even tried to make the best of this. Once we got on the shuttle we looked forward to the "bathroom" stop on the way to the resort, as it gave us a chance to buy some flip-flops and a sarong (transparent) for my wife.

The theft really surprised us also. I thought maybe I had misplaced the cards or something along those lines. However, when the CC company told me that a large charge on the card had been denied, and..... They came to the room to read who had been in there. However, they told my wife that there was a problem and it had not kept a record of entries.

Jania:

I don't think the group being there in our case had anything to do with no suite being available. The group appeared to be almost all located on the Quad. I think they just overbooked the suites. Others told us that they too did not get the suites they booked.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast