Thread: Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

This is a bit long, but I really need the help...

My wife and I are planning a trip to for our 30th anniversary for early next year (Feb/Mar). We’re still early in the planning and a lot of things are still up in the air. We’ve never been to the H. clubs before. (We have been to Breezes in the Bahamas a couple of times a couple years back, so we know about the all-inclusive aspects.)

So what I’m curious about is this: Which should we pick Hedonism II or Hedonism III?

Here’s a little about us and some of our concerns. As I said, we going for our 30th. We’re both closing on 50, but not quite there (yes, married right out of high school). We’re both in reasonable good health (at least as healthy as middle class American that’ve taken one or two extra trips to McD’s can be), but we’re not hard bodies.

We’re not swingers. We enjoy a monogamous relationship (and I do mean enjoy). We also enjoy being nude in and around the house, but have never been nude in public or around other people. Regardless, we realize that it might be hard to take that first step, but we’re sure we can do it. More important, we want to do it!

Years ago we had an opportunity to spend some time on a deserted beach. My wife took her top off. She has said ever since that she wishes that she had taken her bottoms off too and would love to try a nude beach. I, on the other hand, have had the fantasy ever since of making love to her on a beach.

We’ve never been to a resort like this, but its something that we want to do. When I originally started planning this trip, I was thinking that we’d go to H-III, mostly because from the sound of it, it’s a newer property. H-II sounded like it was a bit run-down in some ways. I really liked the looks of the rooms at H-III. They looked brighter and airier. We won’t rule out some PDA’s (as I said, I do have the beach fantasy and since I’ve been planning this, I’ve developed something of a hottub fantasy), but I suspect that for most of our loving we’ll retire to our room, so that’s why that’s important. And I really liked the look of the tub in each room.

Then I started doing a bit more checking and now I’m not so sure. From what I’ve been reading the beach at H-III is no where near as fine as the beach, nude and otherwise, as at H-II. And beaches are central to what both of us want out of this. We’ll go to the pool. We’ll go to the hottub. We’ll go to the disco. But in the end, the beach could make or break this vacation.

We like the sound of the clothing optional areas (the quad) at H-III, but once we make the jump, will we care about that. We’ll be nude on the nude side and not nude on the prude side and will we care about that middle ground? Is there anything special about the quad and the quad pool that would make us want to pick that over the nude side when we want to be nude?

(One of the advantages of the quad, apparently, is that its not ‘no pictures’. I like to take a lot of pictures when on vacation and I definitely would like to have some snaps of us swimming – nude. You know...for the album.)

We plan on participating in the parties and theme nights. We think they sound like a lot of fun although we’ve never done anything like them before. They’re not why we’re going, though. Good food is also important, but that’s also not why we’re going (but bad food would definately make it harder to like). And although we enjoy to get a bit of a buzz from some liquid refreshment, we’re also not looking to wake up on the plane going home wondering if we had a good time.

(I know, we sound like hayseeds. We’re not, but mostly we don’t color outside the lines. Maybe this will be our coming out party...)

So there it is. I know that this ran long, but if anyone can help on this, I figured you would have to know a bit about us. If anyone thinks they could help, I would really appreciate it. Also, I know I’m pushing my luck, but if anyone has an opinion and would like to post it, if you would please say “why” you feel the way you do. If I get 100 yes/no replies that will help just by the volume, but if I only get a handful, knowing why you feel the way you do is just as important as which one you’d choose.

Thank you all very much for indulging me on this...

Zed

Zed, it sounds like you have very definite plans that you want/need to accomplish on your trip. That being said, are the objectives important, or the area in which they are accomplished? You state that the beach could make or break the trip, then why are you even considering either hedo? There are lots of places with a MUCH nicer beach than either hedo, where you could make love to your wife. I feel you need to read all the info you can and focus on the real important things instead of the surroundings. Hell, most of the excitement comes from your mind anyway. I know that when I am with my wife, as long as we are safe and its clean, I don't think about anything except pleasing her and being pleased by her. Nothing else matters beyond that. All the rest of your worries are already under your control, the drinking until you can't remember, just restrict your intake or eat as you drink. No one is going to babysit you there, after all, you are adults, at an adult resort. We chose HIII just because of the layout of the resort and the closeness to the outside trips we want to take. As far as the resorts they seem to be so close in comparison, as differences, its a toss up. HII is a generally older crowd, but not by much, and that too can change, week to week. HIII is newer and has the hot tubs (roman tubs) in the rooms. Most of the differences cancel each other out, so its just a personal decision you must make after being informed, and that happens only after reading as much as possible. Enjoy your trip.
    I'd rather laugh with sinners, than die with the saints, the sinners are a lot more fun... Billy Joel
    Hedo III 5 - 14 July 2005

Please dont post threads in duplicate places.
    Chris
    Site Administrator
    AdultTravelForum - |The Naked Truth about Hedonism II|Slut Wear|Site Themed Clothing

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    Please dont post threads in duplicate places.
    Sorry, didn't know it was a problem. Was asking an honest question that I thought regulars to the HII and HIII parts of this forum might have different view on.

You have plain H, HII and HIII. How do I ask a question that I want everone to see?

Zed

Quote Originally Posted by Unlockme
    Zed, it sounds like you have very definite plans that you want/need to accomplish on your trip. That being said, are the objectives important, or the area in which they are accomplished? ...
    You're right. This trip is special, very special. We're only going to have one 30th. And you're right that I/we do have special objectives. And you have a point that what we want is more important than where it happens. Then again, a truckload of sand in the backyard just doesn't have the ambiance of a Caribbean beach...

I do thank you for your comments. They will be a help. And, yes, I am trying to learn as much as I can. When I want to Disney, first I bought the book. Now that I'm moving on from those trips where you go with kids in tow, I'm trying to make sure I go in with my wings level. I understand and look forward to the loop-de-loops and barrel rolls once we get there, but I like to have a tight flight plan to get me there. I'm just anal that way.

By the way, we're not party animals, but we want to party - this time. We're not nudist, but we want to swim and sun and be nude - this time. We're not swingers, but we think that the sexual atmosphere is something that will give us that charge to the batteries that we want. And we have the beach (and hot tub) fantasies. You say that there are other places. We've been to a couple other places in years past and have had a great time each time, but none of them has the mix to things that it seems we'll find at HII or HIII. Where else might we go?

Zed

You can do almost anything you want to do at Hedo 2.We are not "swingers" but Hedo has such a sexual activity level that you will do things that you probably never thought of doing.We had sex out in the open and never even thought about all the other people around[it was at night,by the hot tub].You will probably see all kinds of things but you don't have to watch and they are usually not right in your face.As far as partying,you can relax and watch and sip a drink or you can get into the activities and games and have a blast.Hedo is whatever you want it to be.The food was great last Spanksgiving but i have not been at other times so i can't say.We had a blast our first trip and will be back at the same time this year.
    critter2
    Delroy's,last trip was Nov.22nd-26th 2013 and then Cliffside Nov.27th-Dec.2nd. Next trip Nov.21-22nd White Sands,Nov23rd-30th Delroys!!
    Bill N Donna

Quote Originally Posted by zed
    Sorry, didn't know it was a problem. Was asking an honest question that I thought regulars to the HII and HIII parts of this forum might have different view on.

You have plain H, HII and HIII. How do I ask a question that I want everone to see?

Zed
    Everyone sees all forums. If you have a question that isn't resort specific it belongs in the General Hedonism Forum.

Posting threads in more than one place results in duplicate information and it makes the forum less useful.
    Chris
    Site Administrator
    AdultTravelForum - |The Naked Truth about Hedonism II|Slut Wear|Site Themed Clothing

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    Everyone sees all forums. If you have a question that isn't resort specific it belongs in the General Hedonism Forum.

Posting threads in more than one place results in duplicate information and it makes the forum less useful.
    I will play nice, but I think that you're mistaken. Yes, everone can see all the forums, but I don't think everyone visits all of the forums.

When I thought that HIII was for me, that was the only forum I visited. I never visited the general forum. I can accept it that is probably my bad. When I realized that might not be a correct assumption, I started visiting the other forums. It sure seems that people, at least based on the postings, are very loyal to their favorite. Could I be wrong? Sure.

I'd like to add that I did originally post my questions to the General forum. It was after almost 2 days when only one person had read my post and no one had answered, that I cross posted it to the other forums. It wasn't originally the way I wanted to do it, but thought that might be the only way I might get some help. Again, I guess I could have been wrong about that, too, if I had just waited a bit longer.

The bottom line, though, was that I had a question that to get any kind of useful answer required that I get answers from both camps.

As I said, my reasons for visiting this site are important to me. I don't want to be a man without a country and find myself banned so I will play nice. Still I think that you should consider my point of view because I doubt that I'm the only one that wonders if I'm posting to the forum where the one single person that can truly help me best visits.

Thank you,

Zed

Just got back from our first Hedo trip. We went to III so will give you some thoughts on that. Sorry I can't compare the two for you. You asked about the quad, and I must say I LOVED the quad! We had the poolfront/swimup room in the quad, where you open your french doors and are steps away from the pool. We spent 90% of our time in the quad area and were nude all the time. Most people in the quad were nude or at least topless. I think it's a starting place for alot of the new people. You see a couple with suits on, hour later her top is off, two hours later her bottoms are off, 3 hours later his bottoms were off! You don't have that option at the nude side, you just dive right in nude over there. The reasons I prefered the quad: Much more spacious, I love being nude, but to me it was way to crowded at the nude pool. I was always bumping into people and walking over people to get where I wanted. The quad has a hot tub, swim up bar, and a wonderful sunning deck. the deck is great for "couple time". It's in public but you don't feel like you're in public, we loved it! If you stay in the quad, you also have the luxury of your room/bathroom being right there. The downsides would probably be it's much more laid back and there are no restrooms if your room isn't over there. For us it was great b/c me met a fantastic group of people and we all hung out in the quad together. So although there were no planned activities in the quad area, we created our own fun. (Thanks to Juiciberri) If you enjoy floating on a raft in the pool, I also recommend the quad b/c the pool is much bigger and lots more room to float without bumping into others or having volleyball interfere.
    As for the beaches at Hedo III, we were very unimpressed. We're comparing them to Grand Lido Negril b/c that's the only other place we've been. They don't even compare in my opinion. I don't think I would go to hedo III if the beaches are important to you.
    Hope that helps.

Thanks. Yes, it is very helpful.

Your comments are just about what I've been coming to understand. HII would be my automatic choice and, yes, the pool-level room in the quad was exactly what I've been thinking about, but... But as Unlockme said above, I have an objective and a beach is a part of it. For future trips it might not make a difference, but me, my wife, and some wet and sandy loving is one of the items on my "100 things I want to do before I ..." list.

Somewhere I think I read that with the sea barriers, the water on the nude-side beach is barely waist deep. Is that correct? If so, I just don't know...

Anyone that has been to both resorts care to comment on the quality of the beaches?

Zed

We never even went in the water, it was that unappealing to me. However there were barriers and they were very close to shore, so waist deep is probably about right. We did see a couple leave the barriers one day to go out and have some "fun" so that is always an option if you're good swimmers! Good luck with your decision.
    luvdaladies

The ocean floor and beach were much less rocky at III. I could not even walk out into the ocean at II because it was so rough. Neither of the beaches are much to look at. The chairs at III always seemed available, however. Whereas at II the beach chairs were still used a lot for laying around. The beach and the pool area at II are more connected so it is easier to go lay by the beach for some sun and then hop in the pool. At both places we "enjoyed" the beach area after dark without any hassles. I agree with luvdaladies, don't go to either of the Hedos for the beaches. There are much better beaches if that's what you are looking for.
    I like girls, who like girls, who like girls....

zed: we were in your place a little over 1 year ago> deb left me in charge of planning our 30th anniversary trip. The trip report is http://www.dennyp.com/HIITripReports..._deb__0404.htm

we were completely new to the AI thing, the nude thing, the hedonistic view of life was foreign to us. for us it was a extraordinary vacation. II or III > i don't think it matters. I decided if we were going to hedo, we had to try the original. It was close to a town. we never left the resort. we met others with a yahoo group that goes the same time each year. we now have friends all over the place. your welcome to read the trip report. check out the other ones marked with a " R " rookie trip. e-mail us if you want.

respect

Quote Originally Posted by ironihope
    zed: we were in your place a little over 1 year ago> deb left me in charge of planning our 30th anniversary trip. The trip report is http://www.dennyp.com/HIITripReports..._deb__0404.htm

<<<SNIP>>>
    respect

Thanks very much. You're right. You were where we are. Just as you said you did, I'm printing everything for my other half to read and your trip report just went to the top of the pile.

Thanks again.

Zed