Thread: How close is Margaritaville?

How close is Margaritaville?

We are leaving Hedo for a bit and doing a Dunns River tour with an optional stop at Margaritaville in Ocho rios at the end. If anyone has been to Margaritaville I was wondering....

Is it worth it?

How far is from Hedo III? How much for transportation back if we wanna stay longer than the rest of our tour group?

Is it crazy expensive? Im mainly wondering abouth the Margartitas?

Thanks for any help guys!

Mel-
    We have been there- it is about the same price as you would pay at the other Margaritavilles- think american prices- it is about 1/2 hour from the resort. It is located in a large shopping center on the water next to the cruise ship terminal. I have little doubt you could find a taxi to take you back, but have no idea what it might cost you. If you are thinking of gift shopping and the like, there are 2 full sized Margaritavilles inside the MBJ terminal as well.
    Enjoy-
    Nick (and the sultry Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Nick got it covered for the most part...they do have a big non naked waterslide too....

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

We've been to Jamaica so many times that for us, leaving the resort isn't as much fun anymore. However, we tell everyone going to Jamaica that if you are going to experience ANYTHING outside the resort the one thing not to miss is Dunns Falls.

You can't experience that anywhere else. Swim with the dolphins, zip line tours, atv tours are in other countries (granted different locations and views) but Dunns is truly unique to Jamaica.

Margaritaville. Never been to ANY except at the MBJ airport. Food...not worth it in my opinion, but the Margaritas are better than we've ever had at Hedo. Of course, the food is better than AIr Jamaica so we usally stop there before boarding our flight home! LOL

However, if you are enjoying an afternoon or partial day away from the resort and wish to stop somewhere just to do something different, by all means, try it out.

The primary "experience" of Hedo is the resort but just because you paid for it doesn't mean it's not right to go off and enjoy other things. We've frequently experienced outside restaurants and drinks on all our trips, including some great eating places in Jamaica.

IF you want a really great experience food wise? Get a cab to Dunns Falls...then on the way back have him stop at Scotchies and get an exceptional jerk lunch (chicken, sausage or pork), Festival (bread) and yams/potato and some coconut water. Very reasonably priced too! I highly recommend it!

Dance Wicked For A Week: 10/20-10/27/18
    Spring Break: 4/20-4/27/19

www.PoleDancerTravel.com

Hedonism II Presents The Erotic World Pole Dance Championships
    10/20-10/27/18:
    www.EroticPoleDanceWorldChampionships.com

In April we caught a cab from the lobby of H3 to Ocho rios for some shopping at the markets (stoped at the Hard rock and Margaritville) and paid 90$ a couple(plus tip),return trip included .Cabby stayed with us all day.Friends of our got the same deal a day later, but caught the cab out at the street for 30$ a couple.So if you want to save some $$$$$$ Id walk out to the street and catch your cab there.
    No pants are the best pants
    Next trip
    2017 sometime

Yea Margaritaville is a waste if you are going to Hedo. If you never been, there is a mini version at the Mo'Bay airport. We have been to Vegas, Panama City just last week, New Orleans, Jamaica, Hawaii, Cozumel,and another one somewhere, oh yea Keywest and Orlando. We like the food and it varies from location. The margaritas are good but not worth blowing a Hedo day down in Jamaica.
    [U]GOOD FRIENDS - GOOD WHISKEY [/U]& GOOD LOVIN' - NEED I SAY MORE

I believe there is a shopping trip via the outside excursions available to the mall where Margaritaville is located. Personally, better than the other shopping areas, if you're loking to do some souvenier shopping. I think the excursion is cheaper than taking a cab, but you are then on their schedule unless you end up being the only one going or you go with other folks who work off the same schedule. The food at Margarittaville is not up to par with other Magaritaville's though, IMHO.

Ok, its all of what you make of it. I was married in Jamiaca, and we went to Margaritaville the night of my wedding. we also scoped it out the day before to make sure it was where we wanted to party after the ceremony. We had a blast. The margaritas are to die for. Tell the bartender you want a drink to make the panties fall off. He will make you the best drink you have ever had, dont know whats in it, but after one, the panties were on my head. Water slide is great and the party stays lively with tourist until about 2 am. After that, it starts to get a little roudy with locals, and its time to leave. Most Jamaicans are extremely friendly but you know when its time to leave.
    I suggest it at least once. But again, if you are concerned about cost, stay at the resort. The drinks are free there.