Page 35 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: February 13th - 20th

Quote Originally Posted by tattoodjedi View Post
    seriously - you should see me vs the people in my office. not only do they look at me funny, but im pretty sure they think i'm nuts.
    I've been working with these people for 8 years so I'm pretty used to funny looks from people here...you'd think they'd be used to it by now

Quote Originally Posted by Majickgurl View Post
    I'm also bringing my lap top soI can upload pics but its got decent sound also as a back-up
    yeah we'll be doing that too so that we can get any incriminating pics out of the camera before we accidentally show them to the family...

yeah we'll be doing that too so that we can get any incriminating pics out of the camera before we accidentally show them to the family...
    lol I'm afraid of accidentaly posting something on FB that shouldn't be there...note to self...no posting after drinking :P

lol I'm afraid of accidentaly posting something on FB that shouldn't be there...note to self...no posting after drinking :P
    yeah that's generally a good rule of thumb...

I've been working with these people for 8 years so I'm pretty used to funny looks from people here...you'd think they'd be used to it by now
    Same boat here! Hell, I took my ear rings out and my Mohawk isn't even blue anymore! I'm about as conformed as it gets!!

Quote Originally Posted by RobandMonika View Post
    Same boat here! Hell, I took my ear rings out and my Mohawk isn't even blue anymore! I'm about as conformed as it gets!!
    i know how that is - Friday is our dress down day here, and when i trot around in short sleeves i usually get people turning around as i walk by...you'd think i hadn't been working here for 4 years and people hadn't seen it before...

yeah that's generally a good rule of thumb...
    Ditto!

Ditto!
    yeah i don't get it - i guess people like to stare at things they don't have...my favorite question is - 'did that hurt?'

yeah i don't get it - i guess people like to stare at things they don't have...my favorite question is - 'did that hurt?'
    I know!!! it drives me crazy because of course it hurt! but at the same time most of the people I work with are over 50 and very "sheltered" (think farmers) so the mostly just find it intriguing that people willfully put holes in their bodies and ink in their skin

I know!!! it drives me crazy because of course it hurt! but at the same time most of the people I work with are over 50 and very "sheltered" (think farmers) so the mostly just find it intriguing that people willfully put holes in their bodies and ink in their skin
    yeah thats definitely part of it. i also think that when people see something that they don't have and don't necessarily understand, they just can't help themselves...

I always get the unsolicited "where do you get your ink at?" to which , depending on my mood, I reply "office max". Most of the time they don't get it. Maybe I'm just a dick? I don't really care if your brother in law gave you a pitbull tattoo when he got out of the pen, and no, I really don't want to see it!

I always get the unsolicited "where do you get your ink at?" to which , depending on my mood, I reply "office max". Most of the time they don't get it. Maybe I'm just a dick? I don't really care if your brother in law gave you a pitbull tattoo when he got out of the pen, and no, I really don't want to see it!
    i just got that one today...from the UPS guy who seemed kind of sincere so i actually told him...but most of the time when people ask that question they really have no interest or intention of getting tattooed - they just don't know what else to say or ask...

Ok, with the fear of sounding like some sort of "tattoo seperatist", I have gotten really annoyed over the last few years by how "Hollywood" tattoos have become. I started giving myself tattoos at the age of 12 with homemade guns. My first "real" tattoo, which I still have (unfortunately) was when I was 15. A recently paroled con was doing them on the back porch of a buddy of mines house to get up some $ to get to west palm beach. I was a young aspiring biker at the time. I got several more in the Navy, and a few more when I got out. What annoys me I guess is people who's only identity is "the person with tattoos". I have never been my tattoos. I've been a skater, a biker, a surfer, a sailor, a desert rat, but never been "the guy with tattoos". If you ate an aspiring artist wanting to learn the trade, cool! If you are a tattoo groupie, hanging around the tattoo shop to be "seen", get a life. Maybe you guys don't have these people where you are, but they run rampant here in phx and it drives me nuts! Don't ask me where I got mine just so you can tell me about yours, I don't care, I have other stuff to do...... My $.02, I'll get off my soapbox now...

Tattoos are definately a conversation starter. I get 'did you do that yourself?' a LOT.

But it's great for me because I tell people I do tattoos and well, it seems that everyone has an idea of a tattoo they'd want! So it's good for business

i like to stare at tattoos and I do have them... it's ART. I was talking to a guy last night who tried to burn off his hand tattoos and you couldn't really tell what it was but I still thought it looked good... call me crazy... or just tattoo crazy... I don't care... cuz it's true.

Page 35 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast