Thread: Travelers Checks, Cash, or Debit???

Travelers Checks, Cash, or Debit???

We're headed to Hedo II in June for our honeymoon. We've never left the US before and were wondering what's the best route to go when it comes to this? Do they have ATM's anywhere near the resort? Should we bring cash? Also any other things we need to know or take with us that we might not reailze? Thanks for any help.

ATMs everywhere (including right by the slot machines... go figure????)
    Bring a bit of cash but you don't need much around two hundred should be lots (and you can use the aforementioned cash machines)
    Bring lots of sunscreen and use it liberally early on to avoid wasting vacation feeling uncomfortable/burned, especially on the Nude Cruise.

Definitely lots of sunscreen, and don't forget to use it often. I had one day on my honeymoon at HII that was playing volleyball in the pool and drinking, and forgot to keep re-applying....ended up with 2nd degree burns.

As far as cash goes, I usually take 2-300, and some in smaller bills. The ATM fees on the resort were $9 per transaction (and this was 4 years ago), and probably more now. Don't forget to tell your bank or credit card company that you are going to be traveling internationally and to allow charges from Jamaica, as they might get denied if you use them while down there. A quick call to your bank or CC should take care of it. Also, the resort/gift shop and pretty much everyone outside of the resort that I've seen takes US currency.

Also, first time we went to HII, we didn't pack for the theme nights and we regretted it. You can pack for all of them - but myself and my wife usually pick a few, PJ night and Toga party are most popular, I think this year we're also doing school boy/girl and fantasy & fetish night). We regretted that we didn't pack for these as the parties are fun.

Mon - Jamaica Colors (black, yellow, green)

Tues - PJ night - wear anything that you wouldn't wear in public anywhere else, see thru's, slutty lingerie, etc etc

Wed - Pimps and Hoes night

Thurs - Toga Party

Friday - Rockstar Night (glitter, glam, bling)

Sat - Fantasy and Fetish night (leather, lace, whips, chains, whatever)

Sunday - School Boys & Girls night

What dates are you heading down there?

Unhappy

First aid kit!!! We can tell you from experience and I am sure so will lots others that the smallest cut can get infected and you don't want to ever have to go to a Jamaican hospital. There is a nurse on the resort but really that's only if you need a bandaid and she isn't always around plus if you need a doctor it cost you ib bucks. So bring neosporin, alcohol wipes..things like that...oh and lip balm....first year I wasn't wearing it and I ended up looking like a blowfish for a couple days!..Congrats on your wedding and have fun on your honeymoon!!!
    So do whatever it takes
    'Cause you can't rewind a moment in this life

H3
    April 27-May 4 2008
    April 24-May 2 2009
    April 23-May 1 2010
    _ R.I.P. H3 _

H2
    April 1st-10 2011
    March 30-April 7 2012
    March 28th-April 6th 2013
    March 27th-April 5th 2014

Thanks, we're going June5-12th.

Blog Entries
    DO NOT USE A DEBIT CARD IN JAMAICA OFF THE RESORT. Numbers get stolen and it's your money they are draining and you'll never see it again. If you use a credit card and it gets ripped off you'll be liability free if you report it stolen within thirty days.

Have fun.
    Cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat