Thread: School Supplies Distribution

Exclamation School Supplies Distribution

Could someone please explain what school suppiles we are allowed to bring and how we would go about distributing them? We are going to 3 at the end of April and would like to bring some things for the kids.
    Last edited by bibabe; 03-18-2010 at 06:49 PM.
    So do whatever it takes
    'Cause you can't rewind a moment in this life

H3
    April 27-May 4 2008
    April 24-May 2 2009
    April 23-May 1 2010
    _ R.I.P. H3 _

H2
    April 1st-10 2011
    March 30-April 7 2012
    March 28th-April 6th 2013
    March 27th-April 5th 2014

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bibabe View Post
    Could someone please explain what school suppiles we are allowed to bring and how we would go about distributing them? We are going to 3 at the end of April and would like to bring some things for the kids.
    Just about everyone in our group brings a stack of school supplies to give. We collect them throughout the week and then donate the mountain of supplies before we leave. We usually end up with a huge assortment. What we usually end up doing is getting 4 kids backpacks and loading them up with every school supply we can think of. Basically enough to suit up four kids for the entire year with everything from glue to folders to scissors. We have other members who bring pile of notebooks, or pencils, crayons, etc...

I can guarantee that whatever you bring will be met with incredible gratitude.
    Last edited by hare2party; 03-18-2010 at 07:46 PM.

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

last time we went we were not with a group, i was hoping i would get to know some staff person who had kids to give our supplies to, but never really got to know anyone well enough, so i gave them to the people at the front desk, hoping they would pass them along to whoever needed them. it is fun though to see them actually give it to the kids, our first trip we brought some and i bought this bright purple backpack with stars on it, one of the kids who came from the school had never had a backpack and she was thrilled to receive it, so now i always look for something special like that too. we are going in august, so all the cool back to school stuff will be in the stores, just begging for me to buy and bring it to jamaica! Dena

Thank you!!! We really want to give something back and being the parents of 4 children, nothing would make us happier than helping children!
    So do whatever it takes

H3
    April 27-May 4 2008
    April 24-May 2 2009
    April 23-May 1 2010
    _ R.I.P. H3 _

H2
    April 1st-10 2011
    March 30-April 7 2012

Bibabe...there are plenty of staff who could use supplies for their kids and there is also an employee at the resort who sets up donations to some of the local schools. Many of the resorts take on a couple of schools that they regularly help out.

A few years ago we set up a school supply drive and donated to the Windsor Girls Home which is for homeless girls ages 12-18 but they have several younger as well as older. Some of these girls have fairly tragic backgrounds and the situation there, as with most of the schools, is dire.

A group of us got to visit the school to bring our donations and meet some of the girls and it was something else to see how grateful and sweet they were. They were so excited to receive the gifts as we not only brought school supplies but girls things like nail polish, lotion, head bands, sunglasses etc.

Dance Wicked For A Week: 10/20-10/27/18
    Spring Break: 4/20-4/27/19

www.PoleDancerTravel.com

Hedonism II Presents The Erotic World Pole Dance Championships
    10/20-10/27/18:
    www.EroticPoleDanceWorldChampionships.com

Quote Originally Posted by MaryW View Post
    Bibabe...there are plenty of staff who could use supplies for their kids and there is also an employee at the resort who sets up donations to some of the local schools. Many of the resorts take on a couple of schools that they regularly help out.

A few years ago we set up a school supply drive and donated to the Windsor Girls Home which is for homeless girls ages 12-18 but they have several younger as well as older. Some of these girls have fairly tragic backgrounds and the situation there, as with most of the schools, is dire.

A group of us got to visit the school to bring our donations and meet some of the girls and it was something else to see how grateful and sweet they were. They were so excited to receive the gifts as we not only brought school supplies but girls things like nail polish, lotion, head bands, sunglasses etc.
    We always bring gifts for the staff and their kids. Are you planning anything this year, if so we can purchase some stuff Mary to give to you to donate, or should we do what we always do and just give to staff. It would be nice to have it reach beyond the staff too though, for those who don't have families. Anyway, maybe a thread can be started on your site about it?
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

I was just thinking of setting that up again this year! I'll start the thread there too.

Dance Wicked For A Week: 10/20-10/27/18
    Spring Break: 4/20-4/27/19

www.PoleDancerTravel.com

Hedonism II Presents The Erotic World Pole Dance Championships
    10/20-10/27/18:
    www.EroticPoleDanceWorldChampionships.com

We actually have a specific school that we sponser, last year the principle and some staff came to the resort and we had all our groups supplies ready for them. This year we are taking the chukka 4x4 trip in the mountains and it will stop by the school and deliver them ourselves. But the staff can help you get them where they need to go too at the resort.
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Check with Christine in Guest Services and she will head you in the right direction and put you in touch with someone on the staff to help out. That way you're sure that the donated supplies don't wind up being sold in the local flea market.

Of all of the threads and discussions on this site, I find this the most interesting and exciting to see the goodness of the people here reaching out. Brava to all who do...and will do.

We truly thank you for all of your help. We have already started purchasing things for the kids. It means a lot to us to give back and do something for the children. We will make sure that it gets put in good hands and given to those who truly need it and not sold at some flea market. Although seeing a childs face light up when you see them getting something is priceless it wil do us just fine at least knowing that it is recieved and that they are happy. Again thank you for all of your help and we look forward to meeting those of you who are going the same week as us!
    So do whatever it takes

H3
    April 27-May 4 2008
    April 24-May 2 2009
    April 23-May 1 2010
    _ R.I.P. H3 _

H2
    April 1st-10 2011
    March 30-April 7 2012

Thumbs up

Our group takes lots of stuff down for the children. A couple years back, at the resorts suggestion, we contacted the Human Resource folks and give our donation to the folks that take care of us...to the staff members that have children. Since many of the employees travel distances to work and most of the schools in the area were getting plenty of stuff from the many groups that come, seemed like a great idea.

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016