Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Hedo III is closing for good (BAD)

Having never been to III and reading reviews on which one is " BETTER" one of the most often responses is that III is newer and we all know that II needs some sprucing up as in the walkway for one, better colors in the rooms etc.So why would money be put into the one that needs it less, unless it is for rebranding or for sale. I am also concerned about the prices going way up and also being able to book the weeks we want or having to settle for weeks that are available. I think we all lose on this one. Hopefully it will return as III and we can all go back to our beloved homes
    Back at Delroy's November 16th to 26th for Spanksgiving

well JA Booze Crew, we'll tear the mother down in August...and I hope its still clothing optional throughout the resort...if not we'll make it that way...daytime pda's on the prude side...we should organize BJ's around the prude pool

Quote Originally Posted by docwillie View Post
    well JA Booze Crew, we'll tear the mother down in August...and I hope its still clothing optional throughout the resort...if not we'll make it that way...daytime pda's on the prude side...we should organize BJ's around the prude pool
    lol....whats the worse that can happen...they close the resort????

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by weliveinvegas View Post
    lol....whats the worse that can happen...they close the resort????

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"
    amen brother

Blog Entries
    If this was simply a remodel and not a rebranding, wouldn't you think that Superclubs would make a definitive statement right now and make it abundantly clear that this rumor was inaccurate and that H3 would reopen as a newly renovated H3 with no changes to the policies? Heck, that would be a very exciting announcement! I'm a marketing guy and the last thing I would want was to have all this speculation flying around that might cost me business. In the absence of any clarification by Superclubs, if I was booking a trip for late October, I would NOT book H3 because there is no assurance of what I would be getting when I got there and I wouldn't want to have to scramble to find a new resort to book at the last minute. Sure, if everyone who is concerned booked H2 instead, it doesn't hurt Superclubs, but they have to know that some will use this as an opportunity to try out Desire or Temptations and if I'm Superclubs I certainly don't want that. It seems to me that their silence on this rebranding issue is, in itself, a confirmation of it. It just doesn't make any marketing sense not to respond directly to all these rumors and speculation...unless of course they have nothing to say that would cause loyal guests to want to book after the reopening. Just the ramblings of a marketing guy...

Quote Originally Posted by CandG View Post
    If this was simply a remodel and not a rebranding, wouldn't you think that Superclubs would make a definitive statement right now and make it abundantly clear that this rumor was inaccurate and that H3 would reopen as a newly renovated H3 with no changes to the policies? Heck, that would be a very exciting announcement! I'm a marketing guy and the last thing I would want was to have all this speculation flying around that might cost me business. In the absence of any clarification by Superclubs, if I was booking a trip for late October, I would NOT book H3 because there is no assurance of what I would be getting when I got there and I wouldn't want to have to scramble to find a new resort to book at the last minute. Sure, if everyone who is concerned booked H2 instead, it doesn't hurt Superclubs, but they have to know that some will use this as an opportunity to try out Desire or Temptations and if I'm Superclubs I certainly don't want that. It seems to me that their silence on this rebranding issue is, in itself, a confirmation of it. It just doesn't make any marketing sense not to respond directly to all these rumors and speculation...unless of course they have nothing to say that would cause loyal guests to want to book after the reopening. Just the ramblings of a marketing guy...
    Yes this makes perfect sense. The only other rational explanation that I can think of could be that they are testing the waters to see what the reaction will be before making a final decision.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hkdilbert View Post
    Yes this makes perfect sense. The only other rational explanation that I can think of could be that they are testing the waters to see what the reaction will be before making a final decision.
    Perhaps, but I think they could have accurately anticipated exactly the reaction they got, at least from the people who frequent the boards, without having to test it. I hope I'm (we're) all wrong about this and that H3 reopens as the H3 that all its loyal "family members" know and love. We're H2 people, but I can certainly feel the pain of H3 lovers. I know we'd be devastated if it was H2 that was the subject of these rumors. It's just that when you apply logic to this, it doesn't look pretty.

The official announcement just came out yesterday and all is says is that they are they are remodeling. If you go to their web site you can book rooms beginning in mid October, but not during the period the resort is closed. It has been less than 24 hours since the announcement came out and the rumors started flying. I suspect they will make an official announcement soon that will make their plans clear.

They did make an official announcement to travel agencies, I spoke to Jennifer at Castaways travel. Oct 14th, 16 and up, segregated nude area and the rest all prude including the quad. The nude area will most likely become premium just like their other resorts. That's what happens when your nude resort is 30% occupied most of the year I guess.
    Hedo III (RIP) June 2009/July 2009/February 2010/July 2010
    Desire September 29th - October 4th 2010
    Hedo II April 2011/July 2011

I agree with C & G.
    They would be speaking up if there were no truth to this.

I just called Superclubs (not the resort, where I got my info in the first place) and was told that they are not sure about any changes that will be made after it re-opens.

Remodeling? Wouldnt you do that at your slowest time of the year and not close it down, but do one area at a time to create the least amount of impact on your guests while still bringing in their dollars?

I wish it werent so!
    Cheers
    Last edited by ScubaSteve; 05-05-2010 at 04:16 PM. Reason: grammer
    ScubaSteve Video

Rule #1) Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Remodeling in phases is problematic for areas which don't have any overlap. Rooms are easy, you just shut down a building at a time, but places like the disco, kitchens, main dining area, etc, are not as simple. Shutting down the entire facility during their slowest season is a lot easier, and I'm sure their business perspective is "The two Hedos are the same, so moving them to the other during that time is no big deal."
    H2 Trip #10: June 14-30, 2014

I would say it's prob smart for Superclubs to open a family resort in place of H3.. Everytime were on the way to the airport and we stop at Starfish it's packed...
    SLS PHILLY1271 or e-mail Ryan22446@gmail.com

[/SIGPIC][/SIZE][/B]

Another great week.. SUMMER CAMP 4 ADULTS!!!

They have a long way to go to make it more of a family resort, considering the quality of the beaches. We definitely dont go there for the beaches or the culinary delights. Its the naked fun

Great input everyone. Thanks for the advise too. I am emailing them soon....

NB

I hope I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by coffee&cream View Post
    LMAO, pay that no attention, I have a room booked for HEDO 3 next April, not some super fun spot. Gotta love when these pop up.....all the new folks that don't know any better get worked up......
    As the person who started this thread, I hope I am wrong. I am only forwarding info spoken to me personally by a Hedo III management employee.

With more info coming out from different sources, are you less of a sceptic now?
    ScubaSteve Video

Rule #1) Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast