Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too much luggage

Quote Originally Posted by scopat985 View Post
    I am checking on chartering a C130 cargo plane for our bags.
    Yeah...try for one of those cargo skid drops out the back of the plane. You could probably aim for the prude beach and not hit a soul (I know, I know it's clothing optional now....maybe one or two souls).

We got nailed for $80.00 due our luggage being too heavy coming back. Souveniers and booze. Next time we will probably take 3 suitcases instead of 2. We were probably too heavy on our way there too but checking into at the airport at 4am, the attendant was too tired to notice I think. Definately weigh your bags and leave room for bringing things back.
    "No dress rehersal, this is our life"

Hedo III - March 24 - 31, 2010

Registered User hedovirgins2009's Avatar
    We pack an extra bag in our suitcase for extra's we pick up. I bring a lot of gifts for the folks at the resort so I usually have extra space/weight allowance on the way home. If it comes down to paying for overweight bags on the way home or leaving some stuff, chuck your toiletries and leave them for the staff. You can replace all of that for under $80. I'm definately an over-packer, the better safe than sorry mentallity.

I might not have the cherry anymore, but I still have the box it came in!

Last year Valentine's Week at Hedo II was the most fun I've ever had.
    This year will be our first trip to Hedo III April 23 - May 1 2010.

That is a lot of luggage to take to a resort where you aren't wearing clothes most of the time. We were only there 6 days last year but made it down with a roller-board carryon each and the "personal item" bag (backpack for me and a beach bag for my wife. She can load her purse and other items into the beach bag and still call it one personal item). We we got home, we still had to unpack clean clothes form our trip. Theme nights add a challenge to packing light but it can be done. I cannot see checking luggage for almost any vacation. Checking luggage is expensive in both fees from the airlines and in lost time waiting at the airport for you luggage to get off the plane (assuming your luggage makes it).

The one lesson learned in packing last year was to look at the clothing requirements for the excursions. We wanted to do the zip line last year but could not due to not packing long pants. We spent hours figuring out waht to pack for at the resort and never thought to look at what we might need for any excursions.

Enjoy your trip and don't fret too much over what to put in the suitcase.

Talking

bringing hardly any clothes, I might add, is an extraordinarily good excuse to buy souvi clothes

1/2 my wardrobe is Hedo shirts..
    sadly, other 1/2 is nerd/software dev shirts

Blog Entries
    Elle's thigh-high leather boots take a big chunk of the luggage space ... no way those are being left behind

We have one suitcase worth of school supplies that we bring down too. Then it is full of rum and other stuff we buy on the way back.

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

Well I got it almost done except for a few last minute things. I got it down to only 3, 2 of which are locked and ready to go. A lot of it is bathroom stuff and our "toy bag", lol. Couldn't take that in carry on, they would think I was crazy (which I am, lol). Hope I don't go over weight, but it is an early flight so maybe they will be asleep still. One bag is pretty small though, so I could take it as a carry on if I have to, made sure there was nothing nasty in it. See everyone in 9 sleeps!!!
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

What happened to the MUG rule -- if it does not fit in a jumbo drinking mug then it's too big to take to hedo?

Makes packing easier. But I still can't get my snorkel gear in a mug, nor the body pain supplies!

PNK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12