Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Single woman traveling alone -- some questions :)

Most people we met at Hedo were interesting and fun to talk to, and as anywhere else, you need to use common sense.
    We once met some "basement dwellers" at Hedo. We recognized them from a picture they had posted of themselves on the boards naked, posed in their cluttered nasty basement. They never realized that their basement background in their profile shot revealed more about themselves than their nudity.
    So, you have a lot of really interesting to talk to, cool people from all over the world visiting Hedo, and you have a few (very eager) people who escaped from their cluttered basements to Hedo looking for adventure...
    There are lots of security guards about (both male and female!) and a single woman who keeps her wits about her (stays sober enough to make good judgments) will be reasonably safe and will probably have a good time.
    Disney, it aint.

Quote Originally Posted by Moorerotic View Post
    Thank you, as well.

This is the kind of REAL TRUTH single women need to hear.
    I was told today that as a single woman I will have an enormous type of massive variety of men’s meat hotchpotch to taste...Thank god I love buffets!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyttles View Post
    As a gal who has gone to H2 many times as a single female, this thread has been interesting. I see truths in many posts and I choose to believe the positive over the negative in general - so some are easier to relate to than others. I also believe that you can only base your perspective on what you have experienced (ie. single guys and couples have very different viewpoints - though both may want a single gal in bed... ).

I consider myself about average in looks and my body size varies - have been more or less lumpy on different trips. I have had tons of fun on all of my trips. I think the 'unicorn' aspect comes in (so to speak) when people know you have gone there by yourself - I get comments from many people about being brave to be there as such and also get dinner invites because they know that is the one time I usually want more solid plans. There are no parades or carpets rolled out for single gals, but there are many fun and 'more' opportunities if you want to accept them.

I tend to go to hedo as a gal looking for an escape from computers, phones, work, general life stress, who really is looking to meet fun and positive people of all shapes and sizes. I have yet to have a trip where physical hook-ups were not offered, but I have definitely had times when I have choosen not to do anything - it isn't something I seek just because I am there. I also limit myself because I am not in the lifestyle or into ladies, but really have enjoyed the friendships (with people in all lifestyles) that have developed from my trips and continue to have back home.

I have met heavier single ladies there who have had tons of fun because their inner beauty was what people really saw and were attracted to (no matter the level of their outer facial beauty) and I have seen beautiful young fit ladies who were a bit stuck on themselves (still acting like they were in high school) that people did not choose to spend time around - personality really does play an important part of hedo and it is more important than weight or looks. Though reality says there are always those who are looking just for the physical - usually those are not the people I choose to hang out with while there. I have also noticed that I get extra offers when I am more fit than extra lumpy, but the general social friendliness doesn't change.

My next trip is with the fluffs in July. If everything continues here at home as it is now, I may be going as a single gal then, but one with a guy back home - so nothing beyond flirtation and friendly fun will be happening on that trip and I will still thoroughly enjoy myself!

Just my 2 cents.
    I was told today that as a single woman I will have an enormous type of massive variety of men’s meat hotchpotch to taste...Thank god I love buffets!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SunAndSand View Post
    Thanks, CandG -- that response was the deciding factor for me. I am just booking a trip with them right now at Hedo2! Thanks to everyone -- you guys are great and if most people at the resort are as friendly, I'm going to have a blast! :-)

Hi there, so I am a single girl who is going to H2 in July from the 3-10. Have you booked yet?? I would love! to find a cool chick to room with so that would take care of the issues of being worried about who they are going to pair me with. I am going with a large group of people so I can introduce you to some of the most amazing people I know, all of whom have volunteered to look out for me if I ever needed anything (and I am sure the same would go if I had a great roomie too). Message me if you are interested and we can chat!!

Quote Originally Posted by tinydancer View Post
    Hi there, so I am a single girl who is going to H2 in July from the 3-10. Have you booked yet?? I would love! to find a cool chick to room with so that would take care of the issues of being worried about who they are going to pair me with. I am going with a large group of people so I can introduce you to some of the most amazing people I know, all of whom have volunteered to look out for me if I ever needed anything (and I am sure the same would go if I had a great roomie too). Message me if you are interested and we can chat!!
    If all single women at Hedo are such beloved, pampered, Unicorn Queens, with great personalities, who are the top of heap, then why would a woman have to worry about getting paired with someone who isn't a cool chick?
    Adversity is like a flame, it melts the weak but it tempers the strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Moorerotic View Post
    If all single women at Hedo are such beloved, pampered, Unicorn Queens, with great personalities, who are the top of heap, then why would a woman have to worry about getting paired with someone who isn't a cool chick?
    Even IF single gals are looked at as all of the above, then two single woman together can still clash. And you know that, you were just trying to spit out nastiness, good job on that, we can always count on you. At least you are consistant. And you are single why...........
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Smile Heading back...

Hi guys -- I wanted to do a quick post as I'm waiting for my flight home.

Many thanks in particular to ScubaSteve, NorthernBoy, mac_r_a, bibabe, CandG and Charlntai, whose advice was right on target!

Glad I stayed in the cheap room (single share poolview) -- resort was pretty low occupancy, so I never had a roomie. Had a view of quad pool and everything was absolutely walkable.

Meals -- you guys were absolutely right. I met lots of cool people and joined them for meals, either prearranged or by just running into them. Thr only meal I had alone was when I wanted a quiet lunch, so I went with a book to sit by the beach at the Jamaican cafe -- and even then, I had cool people offering for me to join them . I don't think I sat alone at any bar for longer than 2 minutes.

General experience: as a single woman traveling alone, I was very definitely in the minority but I never ever felt excluded. The single guy to gal ratio was probably around the 8 to 1 that someone on here mentioned. On the whole, this was fine as politeness worked in every situation, except one. On the last day, there was a particularly aggressive guy and I definitely wasn't getting through with politeness. But, just as I was about to get very rude indeed , I found myself flanked by these two gentlemen (who were there with their wives and who I'd been hanging out with earlier) who were clearly being protective. I was very pleasantly surprised and appreciative -- that was a very very cool thing to do.

Ok I'll post more and with more details another time.

thanks for your reassuring posts -- without them, I might not have gone and that would have been a shame.
    Last edited by SunAndSand; 05-13-2010 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Fixing typos!

Many thanks in particular to ScubaSteve, NorthernBoy, mac_r_a, bibabe, CandG and Charlntai, whose advice was right on target!

Glad I stayed in the cheap room (single share poolview) -- resort was pretty low occupnancy, so I never had a roomie. Had a view of quad pool and everything was absolutely walkable.

Meals -- you guys were absolutely right. I met lots of cool people and joined them for meals, either prearranged or by just running into them. Thr only meal I had alone was when I wanted a quiet lunch, so I went with a book to sit by the beach at the Jamaican cafe -- and even then, I had cool people offering for me to join them . I don't think I sat alone at any bar for longer than 2 minutes.

General experience: as a single woman traveling alone, I was very definitely in the minority but I never ever felt excluded. The single guy to gal ratio was probably around the 8 to 1 that someone on here mentioned. On the whole, this was fine as politeness worked in every situation, except one. On the last day, there was a particularly aggressive guy and I definitely wasn't getting through with politeness. But, just as I was about to get very rude indeed , I found myself flanked by these two gdntlemen (who Were there with their wives and who I'd been hanging out with earlier) who were clearly being protective. I was very pleasantly surprised and appreciative -/ that was a very very cool thing to do.

thanks for your reassuring posts -- without them, I might not have gone and that would have been a shame.

Glad to hear you're trip was great!!!!
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedo-Zen View Post
    I so love your spirit n’ trouble making effect girl!!!
    Next time you should book when we go!

**as parents with kids in school, we have a more restrictive schedule

and we try and book around groups. We're gonna be around one freaky group this year...
    should be fun...lots of stories...trouble will ensure.

Quote Originally Posted by mac_r_a View Post
    Even IF single gals are looked at as all of the above, then two single woman together can still clash. And you know that, you were just trying to spit out nastiness, good job on that, we can always count on you. At least you are consistant. And you are single why...........
    I'm not single. I was single the first time I went to Hedo and the second time she had an emergency and wasn't able to make the trip. Plus she just isn't a Hedo kind of person anyway. I think of myself as single relative to Hedo.

Thanks for the compliment by the way.
    Adversity is like a flame, it melts the weak but it tempers the strong.

good news

Glad I stayed in the cheap room (single share poolview) -- resort was pretty low occupnancy, so I never had a roomie. Had a view of quad pool and everything was absolutely walkable.

General experience: as a single woman traveling alone, I was very definitely in the minority but I never ever felt excluded. The single guy to gal ratio was probably around the 8 to 1 that someone on here mentioned. On the whole, this was fine as politeness worked in every situation, except one. On the last day, there was a particularly aggressive guy and I definitely wasn't getting through with politeness. But, just as I was about to get very rude indeed , I found myself flanked by these two gdntlemen (who Were there with their wives and who I'd been hanging out with earlier) who were clearly being protective. I was very pleasantly surprised and appreciative -/ that was a very very cool thing to do.

so glad u had a great time there, and i'm sure the next time u go u will want to stay much longer.

i don't know if anyone said anything previously, but yes, hedo men (and women) can also be a very protective group when it comes to beligerent people. most of the time, a few stern looks or a couple of choice words is all that's needed to achieve "better behaviour".

look forward to reading more about your trip!

S & S
    Im glad you had a great time and tha all our collective advice was spot on.

Im not sure how quiet a time you were looking for but next time you might want to book with, or at the same time as a group.
    There are a lot of great ones to choose from depending on your schedule.

Welcome to Hedo. Have you started planning your return trip already?
    Do you feel the DIF yet?

Cheers
    ScubaSteve
    ScubaSteve Video

Rule #1) Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

We are soooo happy you had a great time!!! That's it now that you have gone you can't give it up! It's an addiction but a good one. Have a safe flight home!!!
    So do whatever it takes
    'Cause you can't rewind a moment in this life

H3
    April 27-May 4 2008
    April 24-May 2 2009
    April 23-May 1 2010
    _ R.I.P. H3 _

H2
    April 1st-10 2011
    March 30-April 7 2012
    March 28th-April 6th 2013
    March 27th-April 5th 2014

Quote Originally Posted by tinydancer View Post
    Here is a female trying to be paired
    http://www.4hedonism.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9979

"Ratio probably around 8 men for 1 woman? Chezz does anyone have the information on if I can purchase, acquire, get hold of a unit and 4 ever live in resort?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast