Thread: Countdown to closing...I mean rebranding

Countdown to closing...I mean rebranding

It is less than a month now and somehow 5 days sooner than it was yesterday.

The question is: What will you miss most about Hedo 3?

When we started vacationing in the tropics, we went to Hedo first and have not ever been anywhere else. So we have nothing to compare it too. Our motto has been with vacation "If it's not broken, don't fix it".

So what do you have to say?

Hedo 3 Auguat 7-12
    One last hoorah!!

I have great confidence that the hedo people we know and love will carry on next year when we transition to H2, so the obvious answer of the people is out except for the great staff that of course will remain there when the resort changes to something we neither think is necessary nor wanted. We wish them the best and hope that the changes only bring them success and stability.
    As far as the physical part of it and having been to H2 I can say that I will definitely miss the nude pool most of all. Sitting just on the edge of that short cliff and being able to stand anywhere in the pool and look directly out on to the waves is the most striking thing to me. The light breezes and all the beauftiful bodies in the sun are incomparable. The pool at H2 is nice, but set back further from the ocean the whole experience is just a little different. I am sure after a year or two at 2 we will love that resort too... but for now the last night of our trip, the morning of the 7th, will be difficult as we gather our stuff and turn in before catchin an early bus in the morning.
    We do have 9 days in paradise coming though- we leave in 3 days for our last trip to H3. Going to depend on my AWOL peeps to band together for a rockin and not bittersweet time.

Cheers.
    Nick (and the "if we are going to play with a couple I need the man to not be a candyass" Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

were going to miss hedo 3 in general......started out at h2......prefered h3 ever since.........sad sad sad........our 2nd home is gone

We will miss John at the nude grill, the rest of the great staff. The Rae Gae Cafe, great place for lunch overlooking the ocean. The Dive shop crew. The back doors on the 1st floor rooms. The water slide thru the disco. And the closeness of the resort, nothing was but a very short walk away. Oh and John's crab nacho's (nachos with cheese with crab salad on top).
    kitten and the never a candy ass Paul....
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

We're there for our 2nd Hedo 3 experience Aug 9 thru Aug 15. I hope the mood isn't gloomy. Although, we know it will suck not being able to return, it is kind of cool being some of the last folks to know it. I have that Bud Lite, meteor, "Here We Go" commercial in my head! Does anyone know if they're expecting a full house?

Bruce and I were married in the gazebo on July 25, 2005- so that's a memory that will always be the best of H3 for me.

Also- Serena at the nude pool bar, John at the grill, Spike (wherever he may be!), sweet Mystery, and on and on the list goes. As said so often here, the people and the one-of-a-kind atmosphere they created.

Laura

Quote Originally Posted by NickandKitty View Post
    ....We do have 9 days in paradise coming though- we leave in 3 days for our last trip to H3. Going to depend on my AWOL peeps to band together for a rockin and not bittersweet time.

Cheers.
    Nick (and the "if we are going to play with a couple I need the man to not be a candyass" Kitty)tm
    Uhhh....we'll try our best to have a "rockin" time. The only tears (fake, though they may be) will be at the official AWOL funeral for H3 on Friday, August 6.

Quote Originally Posted by tdog1215 View Post
    We're there for our 2nd Hedo 3 experience Aug 9 thru Aug 15. I hope the mood isn't gloomy. Although, we know it will suck not being able to return, it is kind of cool being some of the last folks to know it. I have that Bud Lite, meteor, "Here We Go" commercial in my head! Does anyone know if they're expecting a full house?
    We wil be there and hope it's not dead on our last day the 16th.

I can say that I will definitely miss the nude pool most of all. Sitting just on the edge of that short cliff and being able to stand anywhere in the pool and look directly out on to the waves is the most striking thing to me. The light breezes and all the beautiful bodies in the sun are incomparable.
    Hitting the nail on the head there Nick....by my count I have spent 60+ days in that pool and I am thankful for everyone one of them. I hope when I am old and senile...that pool will still be an image accessible in my tired brain! There ain't many places in the world I can say that about!

but for now the last night of our trip, the morning of the 7th, will be difficult as we gather our stuff and turn in before catchin an early bus in the morning.
    Stand strong brother!!! Go out in style and do not enter the "melancholy and the infinite sadness" till the bus rounds the fountain and pulls out of the gates! Party your asses off and as we Amigos say "Rock out with your cock out" for the rest of us whom cannot be there to say goodbye. I hate it for ya as it will probably be on the back of your mind for the duration of the trip...I am glad I did not know on my last one!! Have a drink or 13 for me....if you do not mind tell John...I send good wishes to him and his family and please give Serena a big fat kiss for me! Tell them it is from Jeff from the Hedo Amigos....they will know what you mean!

Have fun....
    Last edited by Face Down; 07-28-2010 at 11:29 PM.

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

Here's hoping the H3 funeral shows up on YouTube.....

It's a shame that they are closing H3, but the place is not that important - it's the people. H3 has attracted a group of like minded people who I, as it happens, like. The crime would be for those people to disperse. How else would these pilgrims on the journey to hedonism find each other.

Hopefully H2 will fill the vacum for us hedonista's

So be brave mes enfants, struggle on to the bar and nude pool at H2 - it's only just around the coast

Question Would the last people in the nude pool take a ceramonal video to mark the occaision, maybe as the sun went down. Perhaps pulling on a swimming costume - I don't know what would be a suitable last act (that could be published). I know there is no photography but what are they going to do, throw you out