Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 41 days and a million questions

41 days and a million questions

Last edited by kandykandy; 11-21-2012 at 12:57 PM.

I'll try to help
    1) shorts, comfortable shirts dress to his normal style
    2)if you go in the ocean water shoes a must in my opinion, sea urchines hurt, sandles ok if only at pool
    3)if you plan on leaving nude side take 1
    4)sorry can't help you but negril weather history on the computer can

Good luck and have a blast (hard not too)

1) 2 pairs of shorts (roomy & comfy), 2 Hawaiian / Cuban / linnen shirts is more than enough for the dining room (for those times that the Mr. won't be wearing a costume).

2) Like scott-&-bobbi said, only if you're planning on going in / wading in the ocean - Not really needed if you're only going to kayak / sail

3) None, why the heck would you want to cover up

4) Minded that it's for MoBay (which is pretty much exactly like Negril climate wise), but you can find historical weather conditions here:
    http://www.wunderground.com/history/...lyHistory.html
    (Example: Jan 28, 2009 had a max temp of 86F, low temp of 72F)

This is all good info. I'm anticipating temperatures to be near to what they are now. Which in terms of us Canadians is VERY warm Usually having day time highs in the 24-28 range with humidex climbing to mid 30's. Night times seem to get down into the low 20s. Farenheight would be highs 75-83 humidex 95ish

I think really tho Kandy, he could wear most whatever he wants .. pretty sure eyes will be glued on you wrowrrrr Cant wait to meet you both.
    Last edited by happycpl; 12-16-2010 at 08:37 PM.

1) normal mens clothing (when needed)? We have been 5 times and I (Tom) find I need nice dress pants when we go to the restaurants on site. The ladies like to dress up and they don't want their men to embarass them. We are also there for New Year's Eve so you have to wear something appropriate.

2) water shoes (are sandals enough or is a full water shoe needed)? I only take sandals. We walk to Negril at least once each visit.

3) # of swim shorts/bikinis we should bring (or is none OK) lol? Set your clothes out that you want to bring, then put half back. THEN put another half back. Thats all you need. If you are on the prude side, you will need something to wear to get to the nude side.

4) day and night temp range normal for late Jan early Feb? Only once did I get a bit of a chill one December night (about 3 am) the rest of the time it was 20 to 28 and beautiful.

These are just a few to start...

Registered User caughtyoulookin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You may be guilty of over processing. Hedo is very laid back, so whatever you do is OK. I bring resort wear and a few theme costumes. Otherwise, it's bare skin and lots of good sunscreen (especially on the parts that don't see the sun that much.) The pink swimsuit from a sunburn can be quite painful. There is one item that is a must... bring insulated cups for your drinks. I like a 20 oz. for my scotch and beer drinkers often have some sort of bubba keg. Without, you'll be drinking out of an 8 oz. plastic cup and that's a pain. Two good pulls on a glass of beer and you're empty... For us from the Northern US & Canada, it's never cold in JA. Expect high 70's and low 80's with manageable humidity. We'll post a trip report right after Christmas. No more wakeups for us!!
    I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

I can't think of a single thing to add to what's been said above but just had to say we can't wait to see you there. We'll be there from the 28th through the 6th and would love to help you feel at home..lol

Last edited by kandykandy; 11-21-2012 at 12:57 PM.

We wish we could make the time go by... I guess it'll make us appreciate our time there more.. Seems like forever. Definitely bring water shoes if you plan on walking in the ocean. Others may have different opinions but stepping on something (like an urchin) can really dampen a playful mood.
    We've spent time in the ocean wading (and scuba diving) and enjoyed it greatly. We've always been in the Ocho Rios area and I hear there are some differences on this shoreline?. Hopefully others will chime in with specifics.

Registered User Allan_Elizabeth's Avatar
    2fast, it is our opinion that the beach in Negril is far superior to that on the Ochi side. Normally the water is very calm and clear and the base is sandy.

You do need to watch out for urchins and Jelly fish but it is easy - there are always clear patches of sand - Don't walk into the seawead with out water shoes. If you are unfortunate enough to step on a Urchin.....get the guys to pee on the sting - they says it helps (don't know) and get to the nurse she is an expert at removing the barbs according to a couple of friends who have had the experience.

I have been out snorkeling once and the reef they take you too is worth seeing. The other nice part of the beach is, you can walk for 5+ miles to Negril. You get to see all of the other resorts and you will find a number of bars along the way. We found the beach in Runaway Bay rough it is exposed to the Atlantic.

Our favorite pastime on the water is laying on our double air matress in the sun....... enjoying each other

62 days........not soon enough

Next trip Dec 15 - 21 2019

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast View Post
    I can't think of a single thing to add to what's been said above but just had to say we can't wait to see you there. We'll be there from the 28th through the 6th and would love to help you feel at home..lol
    Going to be nice meeting you guys too Getting closer. 30th of Jan isn't far away for us now

more questions....
    Last edited by kandykandy; 11-21-2012 at 12:58 PM.

Out of two trips, we've never had to look for rafts. Some folks do bring couple dollar blow up ones of their own, write their names and dates they are there and leave them upon eviction.

We've never had to wait more than a minute or two for drinks. IMHO, lugging a bottle around or going back to your own room would be a pain in the rump. Not to mention you've already paid for your drinks.

great questions kandy!!!

thank you all for great answers aswell!

leaving for our first voyage to h2 in 7 days! =)

bringing my own beer mug, 8 oz plastic cup will be like a shot for me...and suggestions on cups??? obviously plastic any limitations?

thanks all!

dave

I went for a 20oz insulated mug. Beer stays cold just long enough to go get another one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast