Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mysterious Hedo Cold?

Mysterious Hedo Cold?

Ok so, We wait very impatiently for annual trip every September and without fail after we are there for a few days one of us gets a cold. Then the other one gets it a day or two later. We are pretty healthy at home and neither one of us is sick very often. So my question is, does this happen to anyone else? Or is it just the fact that we come from Arizona and usually have a loooong travel day and then maybe we partake in way too much Hedo fun and run our bodies down. Every year we say that we are going to take it easy on the first day there and then we all know what happens. We are HOME!!! Let's do it up Hedo style!!! We just can't help ourselves. Does this happen to anyone else? We are at 59 days and counting, can not wait cold or no cold!!!

I am susceptible to colds also, especially when traveling. I take some Airborne before and after the flight and bring a little can of Lysol to spray down the vent on the A/C unit. First trip, I was good. Second trip, I got a sore throat the morning we were leaving and was sick for about a month after we got back. I attribute that to Augustus though. We were wondering where he was all week, then when he showed up I shook his hand and THEN he told us he had been out sick. UH OH! Mental note...take hand sanitizer in the beach bag this time. Hope that helps! See you guys in September!!!
    Jeanie
    [

All you need is one person on the plane with a cold to share their air with you. If you are susceptible to colds, then you can always expect one for yourself a couple of days later.

It's happened to us many times over the years. Used to get terrible respiritory infections....once they switched out the AC units we didn't get them anymore...likely due to mold...yuck!

Liz
    Liz & Chris

Blog Entries
    It seems every Nov. I come home with a cold or something...One time I came home with "pink eye"..that wasn't fun...I do carry Lysol with me now...Hope I won't get anything this time...it takes so long to go away!!!

Linda & Rich..Nov 2-12th

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercat View Post
    It seems every Nov. I come home with a cold or something...One time I came home with "pink eye"..that wasn't fun...I do carry Lysol with me now...Hope I won't get anything this time...it takes so long to go away!!!

Linda & Rich..Nov 2-12th
    We've actually been pretty lucky with colds but we've had to battle other issues on some trips (sea urchin attack, mysterious rash, important medication that was stupidly left home, etc). We also do the Lysol thing with the A/C. In fact, I know of people who take the filter out completely as soon as they get there and clean it thoroughly in the shower. We don't go that far, but I can't blame people who do. I think time we'll do the Airborne because we have a LONG flight from CA.
    8/9/11 to 8/21/11 SOON COME, BUT NOT SOON ENOUGH!!! Kitten & Angel's Spring Fling 4/5/12 to 4/14/12

Registered User CARRIBEAN BUFFS's Avatar
    We have been to Hedo three times and going again this November, and twice I have lost my voice pretty bad.

We too sometimes get a cold from traveling on airplanes to H2 or while at H2. We also do the Lysol thing with the room A/C as many others do. After so many colds over the years, we now always take cold medications with us. There are various cold meds for sale in the H2 gift shop, but we prefer to take "industrial strength" cold meds with us for greater comfort and a quicker recovery. For me personally, the tropical climate of Jamaica and swimming in the ocean's saltwater really helps speed up recovery from colds, even if I develop one while I'm there.

I had no voice within 2 days, and a 2 week killer sinus infection after. He also got sick. Lysol sounds like a good idea, as does the washing of the filter!

WE usually battle colds after returning from Hedo no matter what time of the year. At least we thought they were colds. On our last trip there, we brought Lysol and sprayed the AC unit twice a day. We came home without a problem on that trip.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

I start taking Zicam the morning of our trip through the first morning after we arrive. Seems to work well for me.

This happens to us every year...within 2 days at the resort, loose voice, sore throat, sometimes sinus...last year throw swimmers ear into the mix!...
    We went to the nurse once and her diagnosis was "too much all inclusive Mon!"...her remedy, don;t shout, don;t drink and go to bed early....Yeah right!, it's Hedo.
    Once home and a few weeks of anitbiotics and other crap the doctor here prescribed, he thought maybe from mold...we've highly suspected the AC unit in the past, so this year are going to try the Lysol and wash the filter thing and see if that helps matters....In the end "Too much all inclusive" may hold up as the best diagnosis...time will tell
    Sabina and Scott
    NEW YEARS EVE H2
    Dec.27 to Jan.5th 2019

12th Anniversary New Years Like No Other!!

It's only Hard Core when YOU'RE not doing it!!!

I have a very bad allergy to mold and have not had problems but we do clean the air filter in the shower when we get there, this could by why I have not been bothered. We also bing Lysol!! See everyone on 8/8!!
    Live well, Love much, Laugh often

Quote Originally Posted by CandG View Post
    We've actually been pretty lucky with colds but we've had to battle other issues on some trips (sea urchin attack, mysterious rash, important medication that was stupidly left home, etc). We also do the Lysol thing with the A/C. In fact, I know of people who take the filter out completely as soon as they get there and clean it thoroughly in the shower. We don't go that far, but I can't blame people who do. I think time we'll do the Airborne because we have a LONG flight from CA.
    Geeez I already said I was sorry about the rash.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MandMCandy View Post
    I have a very bad allergy to mold and have not had problems but we do clean the air filter in the shower when we get there, this could by why I have not been bothered. We also bing Lysol!! See everyone on 8/8!!
    We're right behind you on the 9th. Looking forward to meeting you!
    8/9/11 to 8/21/11 SOON COME, BUT NOT SOON ENOUGH!!! Kitten & Angel's Spring Fling 4/5/12 to 4/14/12

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast