Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SpaceBags?

Cool SpaceBags?

Hi All,
    We are packing some items in SpaceBags (you know, the ones you suck the air out of with a vacuum cleaner?), but are curious if housekeeping has the kind of vacuums that have extension hoses on them for our return trip?

Anyone else ever used these?

Thanks!
    HEDO 2 SEPTEMBER 6-15, 2013

WITH
    THE JAMAICAN WATERSLIDE TEAM

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xenacat View Post
    Hi All,
    We are packing some items in SpaceBags (you know, the ones you suck the air out of with a vacuum cleaner?), but are curious if housekeeping has the kind of vacuums that have extension hoses on them for our return trip?

Thanks!
    You can get almost any question you come up with answered on this board, but that's a tough one! I have no idea, but I would suspect not. I'm sure it's just a standard upright vac, but, while I probably have, I don't recall ever seeing the vacuum that the housekeepers use.
    8/9/11 to 8/21/11 SOON COME, BUT NOT SOON ENOUGH!!! Kitten & Angel's Spring Fling 4/5/12 to 4/14/12

You can get travel space bags that you just roll the air out them instead of using a vacuum. I use them all the time when I travel. Love them!
    Hedo II - Dec 22/14 - Jan 5/15 with the BBB
    Hedo II - Dec 23/13 - Jan 6/14 with the BBB
    Hedo II - Dec 21/12 - Jan 2/13 with the BBB
    Hedo II Dates Dec 23/11 - Jan 7/12 - First Time!!!

Yeah I don't recall a vacuum either. I would caution you from our experience with them that it is a double edged sword. They make it so you can pack more of course by condensing it- but it also means you fit more weight into your bag, which could cost you more at the airport when they weigh it. It's very often cheaper to pay for an extra suitcase than the overweight charges!
    Nick (and the lightweight Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

The other option is to buy the smaller, gallon sized bags at the grocery store. They use a small, hand-held, battery operated pump to suck the air out. They work really well. Zip lock makes them.

I am 99.9% sure there are no vacuums. Tile floors, and the tiny rugs are just taken out and 'shaken.'

Just thinking... the only thing that you could really back in spacebags is clothes...
    How much clothing do you really think you need?? lol
    Seriously, assuming you're going to the nude side, a few sarongs/coverups and a few (literally, two) shorts and shirts for him, and you're good.
    if they get funky, they do have laundry service. or just rinse them out and hang em!

Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl22 View Post
    I am 99.9% sure there are no vacuums. Tile floors, and the tiny rugs are just taken out and 'shaken.'

Just thinking... the only thing that you could really back in spacebags is clothes...
    Seriously, assuming you're going to the nude side, a few sarongs/coverups and a few (literally, two) shorts and shirts for him, and you're good.
    if they get funky, they do have laundry service. or just rinse them out and hang em!
    Boy you really need to meet Xenacat, she is the costume queen of the jwst, she could pack a cargo container of costumes if she could figure out how to get the shipment there)
    Hedo II CHERRY popped May 2010
    Hedo II Sept 2010,2011, 2012, 2013,2014, 2015,2016,2017,2018
    Hedo II May 2011, April 2012, 2013, 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018
    July 2-8,2017 won 5 free nights at the Repeaters Party
    NEXT TRIPS HOME!!!
    April 25-May 4, 2019 with Tom's Trips Zoo Krew www.tomstrips.com
    September 5 - 14, 2019 with Tom's Trips Zoo Krew IIwww.tomstrips.com
    Earthangel496 on SLS / Kasidie

LOL! My apologies! I can't wait to see the photos!

I have spacebags and typically sit on them, works perfect! The maids don't tote around vacuums, though.

Why do I bring so many cloths? In case I burn. Most of my dinner wear are small pieces of thin fiber that can bunch up into the palm of my hand, but sometimes my skin freaks out and needs something light and lose.
    I also wear shorts to breakfast. This year I was able to get away with just 3 pair, but they started to get a bit funky. I also like to keep the funky clothes, shoes and liquids away from the more delicate clothes.
    Just like to keep all my options open.

Spacebags sounds like a Mel Brooks movie.

L and C
    Hedo 2 July 12-18, 2013
    Hedo 2 June 18-23, 2011
    Hedo 2 June 7-12, 2010
    Hedo 2 June 16-21, 2009

I wuld say your packing to much but sodid we on our 1st trip. Wont make that mistake again
    Hedo II April 20th- 27th 2011 virgin trip
    Hedo II April 22 - 28 2012 With Hedo Mojo
    Hedo II April 12 - 19 2014

We used them this past june, and they saved us some room. But we are group leaders and bring alot of group stuff, so after we are there we have less to go home that we took, so we just sort of pushed on them to take air out. But to get group stuff there they definetly work.
    But we did not see any vacuum to take the air out there, so leaving with the same amount would be a problem. As stated they do have the roll kind, prob better to go with them.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Quote Originally Posted by xenacat View Post
    Hi All,

Thanks!
    I have tried to use them in the past and they really are cool. You can fit a lot more stuff in your suit case, however I found that they made my luggage way way over weight for the airplane. So we decided not to use
    them anymore. Also we used the ones that you rolled the air out of the bag, and I think my cloths were more wrinkled.... Just my experience.

Trip 4 H2 July 31 - Aug 7, 2011 Can't Wait To Go HOME
    AWOL ROCKS

All of my costumes and accessories are packed individually in gallon size ziplocs to keep them together. I just mashed the air out. Works perfect.
    Thanks Y'all,

Shannon & Mike (aka Shenanigans and Utah)

Jam Out With Your Clam Out!
    July 29th - August 6th 2011

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl22 View Post

This is true. Our bags are mostly filed with "stuff" rather than clothes and those space bags won't work to reduce the size of FMP's! There's the better part of a whole bag all by themselves! Last August we went for 12 days and all of G's "evening wear" literally fit in a shoebox.
    Last edited by CandG; 07-26-2011 at 12:14 AM.
    8/9/11 to 8/21/11 SOON COME, BUT NOT SOON ENOUGH!!! Kitten & Angel's Spring Fling 4/5/12 to 4/14/12

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast