Thread: Vacation Ideas

Vacation Ideas

Hey all, thanks for taking the time to read (and hopefully reply!).

First a little about us. We are a young, professional couple from MA. We've talked about doing something a little different than a typical vacation and think this has the potential to be a lot of fun.

So some questions...

*Safety - How safe is the resort? How safe is it off the resort? Ever any issues with other guests?
    *September Travel Dates - Would September be a good time for a first visit? Prices comparable to other times?
    *What to expect? - Our vacations lately have consisted of painting the interior of our house and redoing the deck. Would this be similar to other resorts with a more adult oriented atmosphere?
    *Activities - Recommendations?
    *Demographics - Would a 26m/24f be out of place?

We know a lot of these can be answered by looking at resort website but we were hoping for first hand accounts and unbiased opinions.

Sure more questions will come so thank you for all the help!

Welcome to the boards.
    Hedo II is always our vote:
    1. The resort is very safe and we have never had problems offsite either. One of the lowest crime against tourist places you can find
    2. September can be iffy on weather as it is hurricane season but we usually go with our group every April and every Sept and enjoy both times of the year.
    3. You can expect the unexpected - Hedo is what you make of it, good adult fun, nakedness, but you can still make it very romantic or very wild, and vary between the two. There are shows at night, sexy dressing, public displays of affection.
    4. You can do the nude cruise right from the resort - day cruise with snorkeling or night cruise to Ricks Cafe for sunset and watch cliff diving (watch don't do it)
    5. Depends what group goes, but average ages are between 30's and 40's from what we have seen but there is never a shortage of 20 somethings. And no one, at any age is out of place at Hedo. Age is not a factor for the most part.

Hope this helps.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Cop pretty much covered it! (As usual!)
    I will add this about #1: I go as a single female without hesitation. There are always staff and security around, even when you don't see them sometimes!
    As for off-site, like any other place, be smart. Personally, I have only been off-site once. (4 of us took a cab into town, did our souvenir shopping, and then went to Ricks for a few drinks) It was no problem. They will harass you to buy like most other places in the world! That's about it.

As a female I feel so safe on the resort the security is above par.

As for off site only travel with Resort Suggested Cabs the legitimate ones.
    Hedo is a place where you can let your self be you and not judged for your taste in anything.
    I have searched for other places on the planet and nothing compares to the vibe that we make when you see real people really enjoying thier vacation.
    If I want to read a book on the beach I can do that anywhere but there is no better party place I have found anywhere.
    The best part is what happens there stays there and no worries with getting into trouble because oh Shit someone got to plastered..Hell the drinks are non stop what do you expect..We are having to much fun to care if your cookies land in the bushes..LOL

What are you looking for in a vacation ? Hedo is frequently a love it or hate it proposition. People who love Hedo go back repeatedly, but it isn't for everybody.

Hedo offers a great party atmosphere...there is no place like it in that respect. You don't go to Hedo for the amenities. The rooms/food are nothing special. If you want high-end rooms/food, then you should look elsewhere.

How open-minded are you regarding nudity, PDA, etc ? That fact that you are considering Hedo says that you are at least somewhat open-minded. Hedo requires a non-judgemental, live and let live attitude...nobody will pressure you to join into the fun, But if nudity and PDA's are not your thing, then Hedo may not be the right fit.

My trips there have been in the winter when the place was fully booked and the ages were mostly 35-55, I think the summer rates tend to be cheaper and the average age may skew younger.

Check and see what groups will be in the house during your stay...the vibe can change depending on what groups are in house...some groups party more, others are more lifestyle-oriented. Some are more inclusive, others (mostly the smaller groups) can be more cliquish.

Do your research, read the travel boards and the trip reports. If you go to Hedo with the right attitude and expectations, you can have a great time there.
    Last edited by JW1; 04-28-2012 at 07:19 AM.

Never had a problem with safety there. I would suggest you read some trip reports for the month that you are looking at- it should give you an idea about the groups that usually go around that time. I don't think you would be out of place at all given your ages. Attitude is what makes a great trip or a compete disaster.
    Cheers!
    Nick (and the adventurous Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

For general and sometimes specific information, be sure to visit our web site at www.jwst.com. You'll find trip reports from past years, FAQ's, hints, ideas, tips and suggestions to make your trip more enjoyable, and lots of info and pictures about the resort. If you're thinking about September, check our dates and if they work out, just click on the "Membership Info" button on the web site and send us an email. We'd love to have you. We already have a number of first-timers signed up for the September trip.

Good luck.