Thread: The Last Day

Blog Entries

The Last Day

Is it better to book a late flight (6pm) Afternoon Flight (2pm) or morning flight (11am) out of Mob Bay.

Being only an 1.5hrs away from H2... I thought booking a late flight would be awesome but than i thought the agony on the last day, having half a day at H2 knowing I was on a clock to board the transport to airport.

Although half a day of agony is better than a whole day back in the states. Hmmmm?

Anyway was wondering how others viewed the final moments do you like leaving early or hanging around to get some more sun/fun B4 the Coach becomes a Pumpkin again.

Historically, we've always taken a 5pm flight out of MBJ. That means a bus at 1pm. This year, we were pushed onto a 2pm flight, leaving at 10am.

Personally, I definitely preferred the later flight. It meant a final lunch at the nude grill, getting to chill for a few hours in the morning. By 12:45pm, the pool party hasn't really started, so you don't necessarily feel like you're walking away from the party. If you had to leave the hotel at 4 or 5pm, that might be a little more bittersweet.

The 10am departure was fine, we were able to get breakfast and say goodbye to a few folks, but I'll miss my 5pm flights home (that route has been canceled).

Hope that helps.
    H2 Trip #10: June 14-30, 2014

I have only ever done the earlier departure times. I "enjoy" the ability to pack in the morning, say goodbye to the WaterSports guys, and have breakfast before leaving. Any more time, I think I'd just sit around staring at the people crying "But I don't wanna go!!!!"

The later the better, many a day when AJ flew out of Philly we were pulling clothes on at 5 mins to 1pm to get on our bus to leave, lol.
    Cop N kitten..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

A couple of times we have taken a 10:00pm flight out of MoBay back to Toronto.

Spent the day on the beach. Cleared out of the room at noon and left our bags with the bell hop. We packed a small bag of clothes and wash bags. Late afternoon, after a meal of jerk chicken and fries and beer, we picked up the small bag, headed to the spa and shower and dressed. Right on time we took the bus to MoBay for a very easy check in etc. A light snack at the airport and we were good to head home.

Hardly missed anything except the pre-dinner 'snooze'.

Definitely my preferred return flight. Oh, the flight down was late afternoon (so no need to overnight at the airport hotels) and arrived in Jamaica in time to get to Hedo in time for the midnight buffet and the hot tub. Perfect.

PNK

I like the 2pm flight comapared to the 10am flight. But it also depends on your flight times. What time could you get home? You do not want to land home at 2am or somthing, too much travel
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Leaving too early really puts a damper on the night before. Counting packing, traveling to MoBay, and getting to the airport early enough, it can make for a real early morning. We had friends that had to leave Hedo at 4am last year and that is no fun.

Hedo II: March 12-18, 2010
    Hedo II: March 20-26, 2011
    Hedo II: March 17-24, 2012
    Hedo II: March 23-30, 2013

Blog Entries
    I try to book so that my connection home isn't the last flight of the day. I got bumped in NYC on the last flight one year and I had to fight like hell to get onto that plane or stay the night, which I didn't want to do.

I used to like to go later like the 1-2 bus, but all I did was lay on the beach constantly looking at my watch, no fun. Now I'd just as soon go on the 10-11 bus. Enough time to have fun the last night, get up and have breakfast, everyone is leaving around then anyway so everyone gets together for a goodbye meal.

cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

We have always been limited due to our flying back to the west coast, but honestly we prefer getting out early. Get up, shower, put on clothes, put the bags out, and be on our way after a quick breakfast- for us the 8 AM bus was perfect. We would just be sitting around getting sweaty and wishing we could get in the water anyway.
    Nick (and the glistening Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Blog Entries
    Hey Badguy.....We prefer getting on the 10:00 bus and being home at a deceit hour....My son or daughter-in-law picks us up at the airport..If we arrived early, they are still at work....It's so much better then taking a taxi home...Anyway you look at it, you have to leave...so you can come back....

Hedo Hugs
    Linda & Rich

Blog Entries
    I like the 2pm flight comapared to the 10am flight. But it also depends on your flight times. What time could you get home? You do not want to land home at 2am or somthing, too much travel

Mac R A
    We r home in 50 minutes after landing...of course providing customs, getting my bags and to the car takes 1 sec...lol
    Last edited by A1Badguy; 08-13-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by takemetonegril View Post
    I try to book so that my connection home isn't the last flight of the day. I got bumped in NYC on the last flight one year and I had to fight like hell to get onto that plane or stay the night, which I didn't want to do.

I used to like to go later like the 1-2 bus, but all I did was lay on the beach constantly looking at my watch, no fun. Now I'd just as soon go on the 10-11 bus. Enough time to have fun the last night, get up and have breakfast, everyone is leaving around then anyway so everyone gets together for a goodbye meal.

cheers
    Well said about the Goodbye meal... But thankfully I am one plane ride over Cuba away to hedo or home. 1.5hr flight for us

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercat View Post
    Hey Badguy.....We prefer getting on the 10:00 bus and being home at a deceit hour....My son or daughter-in-law picks us up at the airport..If we arrived early, they are still at work....It's so much better then taking a taxi home...Anyway you look at it, you have to leave...so you can come back....

Hedo Hugs
    Linda & Rich
    Linda: Leave so you have to come back.? hmm Back in 2004 @ hedo3 I went with " If I dont leave I can stay...." 69 days later my bank told me you have to leave!
    See ya the 4th if not b4. XXOO.