Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: booking with groups - how does that work?

booking with groups - how does that work?

So far from what I can tell, it looks like the cost is about the same no matter what group you book with for a specific week. But, for the life of me I can't find on any of their websites how the booking process actually works. Do you pay all upfront or do you put down a deposit? If deposit, how much and when is the balance due? Or does that part vary by group? Does booking with a group mean you're less likely to be bumped?

I think that varies by group. I know our group required only a few hundred dollars deposit and another payment in march. final payment due by mid May

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As the previous reply said, each group is different based on their size, status with Hedo, & whatever was negotiated.

If you find a group that you like, email or contact the group poster/leader/member & ask what the group requirement(s) & criteria are for joining and the group rates. Then you will be informed as to the process.

My group has a low per person deposit, and the option to spread out payments up to 30 days prior to the group. To book with my group, a Hedo-generated booking form must be completed by email or snail mail, accompanied by the minimum $50 pp deposit or installment payment, and final balance paid no later than 30 days prior to the 1st day of the group arriving. In the previous 7 group trips, no one has ever been bumped, only upgraded.

Look for the groups travel agent and contact them for all the details. Ours, First Travel/ Wild women Vacations, also uses a deposit and full payment date just over a month before the trip. Love groups, we have gone with three of them, the extra little things that are put together for them are like the cherry on top of a great ice cream Sunday and the prices are great due to the bulk buy.

We go the end of April. A good fun group and a no bump policy

Each group for the SAME week if offered the same price. Occasionally you will find a group that offers extras (like spa credits) but if you look at their prices, their rooms are more then the other rooms that week, so you are paying for your own extras. Each travel agent has different requirements for a deposit and final payments. Ours is a one night payment deposit, which is refundable and transferable if something comes up (right up to the last day before you go!!!). Some groups do have no bump policies, some don't. Basically if you are booked with the group there that week and they have overbooked (for whatever reason) and you have 30 couples coming in that day and only 25 rooms available then they will make sure the people booked with the group get the rooms first. Hope that makes sense, that is how the "no bump" policy works. There are always exceptions to every rule that is out of the travel agents control, such as if there is an emergency at the resort such as a bunch of rooms flooding, or if someone has their flight delayed by hours and doesn't let Hedo or their travel agent know... then they could be bumped if they arrive and the resort is full and they didn't let them know. There are always circumstances, but usually it is guarantee, within reason. Two years ago we were sold out Friday and Saturday night for our week and none of our group got bumped as Wild Women Vacations always sends the list through several days in advance to confirm the rooms.
    Last edited by mac_r_a; 02-20-2014 at 07:51 PM.
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

So in other words...it's NOT a guarantee that if 30 couples come in and only 25 rooms are available, that someone in your group won't get bumped....what if there were 27 couples from your group...2 couples from your group would be bumped.. I get how the "group" people get their rooms first but it's common sense if there are more couples than rooms, even those couples in your group...someone has to get bumped...
    Last edited by Ontario; 02-21-2014 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ontario View Post
    So in other words...it NOT a guarantee that if 30 couples come in and only 25 rooms are available, that someone in your group won't get bumped....what if there were 27 couples from your group...2 couples from your group would be bumped.. I get how the "group" people get there rooms first but it's common sense if there are more couples than rooms, even those couples in your group...someone has to get bumped...
    Yes very true, but it is usually people who have booked through local agents or on line or through the resort themselves that would get bumped first. The group people get the priority, that is how it usually works. But of course if there is more people in the group then rooms available some would get bumped, but that rarely happens.
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

It can happen our visit with the fluffs two years ago we were bumped only for one night.

A no bump guarantee is not offered by Hedo. Many groups 'claim' no bump guarantees but that is bunk. The fact is that bumping seldom occurs and is limited to a few time slots annually. Travel agent sponsored groups make the claim without any guarantee from Hedo management. When bumping is necessary Hedo asks for volunteers first. Typically long timers volunteer to be bumped across the street for a perceived better room. In 25 years I have never heard anyone get bumped against their wishes. Don’t stress over getting bumped.

I kinda like getting bumped

But thats a whole different story.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Registered User singlecruiser70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In my 8 travels I have never been bumped nor have I been offered to volunteer for bumping. If I was ask, I would volunteer just for the adventure and the free days I get for a reward....... Dick Singlecruiser
    It all started when God created the big bang 13.81 Billion years ago.

......SLS as Singlecruiser

Hedo III 11-17 Apr 2010.....Hedo II 9-16 Apr 2011.....Hedo II 19-27 Nov 2011
    Hedo II 7-15 Apr 2012.....Hedo II 17-25 Nov 2012.....Hedo II 6-14 Apr 2013
    Hedo II 23-2 NovDec 2013.....Hedo II 12-20 Apr 2014..... Hedo II 12-20 July 2014
    Hedo II 9-16 Apr 2016....

Thats whynwe love you Dick, always looking fot the next adventure
    CopNkitten..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaLily View Post
    So far from what I can tell, it looks like the cost is about the same no matter what group you book with for a specific week. But, for the life of me I can't find on any of their websites how the booking process actually works. Do you pay all upfront or do you put down a deposit? If deposit, how much and when is the balance due? Or does that part vary by group? Does booking with a group mean you're less likely to be bumped?
    The best thing to do is find out when you would like to go, then go to the thread on here that lists the different groups that go during the time(s) you are thinking of going and contact the travel/booking agency and ask them questions. I know our travel agency asks for a deposit and then allows payment arrangements with a full payment due about 2 months prior to going. Good luck and have fun!
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!

27 couples in 25 rooms??? I dont see the problem LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast