Thread: Valentines week 2014 review

Valentines week 2014 review

We just got back from our valentines week vacation to H2, and after seeing Murphyslaw's detailed trip report, I thought I should post about our experience- including our thoughts on some of the things Murphyslaw mentioned.

First of all, I scheduled during valentine's week because I saw that there was couple's sensual yoga being offered- and my wife really likes yoga. Even though I don't normally do yoga at all, choosing this week was perfect because it helped us renew our connection as a couple. Nancy and Mark started off with the first day being just normal yoga, but each succeeding day's session became more and more sensual. By the last three days I think most couple's will need an extra hour back in their room after class to take care of the erotic tension developed during the yoga- I know that my wife and I sure did.

This was also the Bubbly Bares' week, and we had booked through Castaway's under their group, so Castaway's took care of the airport to hotel transfers. The B-Bares had some great events like a champagne beach party featuring live music from The Front Row Band where over a hundred bottles of champagne were drunk. The band was great and we met some fun Bubbly Bares. We didn't get a chance to talk much with most of the Bares, I hope we get to meet more of them on future trips.

The entertainment this week was really excellent as usual for Hedo. Because of the Bubbly Bares there was the added bonus of The Front Row Band who, besides playing at the beach party, performed behind the main pool with Winston joining in on several songs.

To us the food seemed significantly improved from our last trips. Overall the food was well prepared- no too salty to eat entrees like we had on previous trips- although I do wish they would modify the traditional Jamaican style of goat with bits of bone seemingly in every piece. The quality of the selections also seemed a little better, but with a few obvious low quality items still around. (Seriously, does anyone like those breakfast hash-browns? Couldn't they just replace them with some grated potatoes fried in the grease from the bacon?) I don't agree with Murphyslaw that there needs to be more beef- unless you miss out on the roast beef at the repeaters party- and I would only vote for macaroni and cheese if the cheese is high-quality and left-over lobster is in it. (This last week they put the left-over lobster in a curried seafood and it was wonderful.)

Early in the week (I think it was Monday), when the catamaran was at the dock so the workers could try to sign up guests for the cruise, there was a crash heard as the mast came down on the catamaran. I don't think anyone was hurt, but the bottom of the mast was broken and torn. The next few trips went out under engine power while the mast lay out behind the dive shack for repairs. When we left it was still laying there with built-up welding of the aluminum over the tares.

I did get bitten by an ant once for the first time at Hedo. Between avoiding the ants and poop from the birds in the trees it was tricky to find a nice partially shaded spot for the chaise- but we had it figured out for the last couple of days.

We did see some people on the nude side with bottoms on- which seemed a little odd. There were nude sunbathers mixed in on the prude beach, so these wouldn't just be couples with one spouse who wants to be nude. I am not sure who these folks are, but they didn't act like gawkers so they didn't bother us.

All the staff were fantastic. If I had to pick one bartender that makes good drinks and who always seems to make an extra effort, it would be Skoomba at the nude bar.

We have been to many of the competing resorts in/near North America and Hedo just seems more fun. I think it is the wide mix of guests and the great entertainment staff along with having special classes like the couples yoga. At the end of the week our overall impression can be summed up by the fact we have already booked for valentine's week next year. We didn't book right away after our previous trip, mostly because my wife didn't like the quality of the food then.
    Last edited by jandmb; 02-17-2014 at 08:33 PM.

Thanks for the report, well done!
    Scary about the mast on the catamaran, glad no one was injured. Bottoms on the nude side seem to be gathering more attention, hope security will eventually become consistent in their enforcement.
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for the trip report
    Kama Sutra Week - Jan 26th - Feb 2nd, 2013
    www.hedokamasutra.com

Great trip report and a fun week. It was great to see you guys again. See you next year or maybe May if you make the reunion.

Thanks for the report...sounds like a great trip!!

Hi jandmb, just wondering how the nightlife was? We went for the first week of February with WW vacation and they threw an awesome pool party. Were there any nighttime pool parties during the second week of February? Also was it a pretty mixed crowd? Were there any people under 45? I adore yoga and think I would appreciate those classes. We're just trying to pick a week in February next year.
    Thanks.

P.S. some of my favorite people are over 50 but it's nice to not be the only young folks in a crowd.

The Bubbly Bares did have a pool deck party with their band which we really liked dancing to. Otherwise the events they hosted were either in the daytime or early evening. There was still the usual Hedo nightlife like the disco and piano bar though.

I would say that while there were a lot of 50 somethings at the resort overall (my wife just now included), there was a fairly mixed crowd with quite a few folks maybe 35 to 45 as well. So, it wasn't as young a crowd as the one time we went to Hedo-3, but there seemed to be more younger folks than some of our previous Hedo-2 trips. For the younger crowd to dominate, you would probably have to go during a week that has a young group theme.