Thread: Newbie/Virgins first time trip - 3-14 march

Newbie/Virgins first time trip - 3-14 march

LONG POST ALERT!
    This was our first trip, I am 33 and my GF is 31, we have been going to European nudist beaches for a few years but this was our first time at a resort that also catered for Lifestyle travelers. Before hedo we had already spent a week further down the beach in long bay...so we arrived nicely relaxed and Boooom party time begun!

Reservation/Check-in
    A breeze, we arrived early, about 10 am, they gave us clipboards to fill our details in and took us to our room which was ready, they told us if we wanted to charge stuff to the room we would need to leave a $100 card authorization, which we did, all in all maybe 15 minutes, with drinks served while waiting, not bad at all.

Room:
    We had room 1142 on the garden view prude side, very near the dining room, the room has been painted totally white and the bedding and towels felt new and comfortable. Safe worked perfectly as did the fridge, TV, iron, coffeemaker etc. The only thing that did not work was the telephone, totally dead for the whole 8 days. The bathroom was OK, had not been painted or refreshed as the rest of the room, the sink basin is very small and filled easily. The shower was a dated multi jet system that always managed to cover me in freezing water as I tried to carefully close the main shower without triggering the side jets. Hot Water was never cold but only once was it really hot, most of the week it was luke warm, on the other hand the sink water was very hot all week.
    We are both smokers, and as advised by this forum we brought our own ashtrays which we left outside the room, brought 3 with us and 3 were taken! not sure if they were taken by fellow smokers or housekeeping...
    NOTE: this room is on the ground floor, so no balcony/railing and we did not want to leave the window open and despite trying every temperature and fan setting on the ac, some items that were wet failed to dry the whole week, making the whole room a little damp.

The Beach:
    We had been told on this forum that the beach was not on par with the rest of Negril's 7 miles of paradise beaches and this was definitely the case, the nude beach was probably the worst Caribbean beach we've ever swam at , especially towards the rocks side , a little better down the other side towards the nude/prude boundary but definitely not hedos strong point, while we were there, most people just floated out to deeper water to avoid stepping on the grass/urchins and swam out where the water was deep enough not to worry about what lied beneath.
    The actual 'dry' part of the beach is nice, white soft sand, although a little tight to find shade under the tree during the middle hours of the day.

Watersports:
    Loved the free diving (although the dives are nothing special compared to many other countries) , most of the reef is dead some say due to dynamite fishing...
    the snorkeling as the diving was ok, but again really not a strong point when compared to diving hotspots like the Bahamas, red sea, Thailand etc...still though, for free...take three!
    and we had fun on the little hobie cats (managed to get in trouble for taking it to booby kay island and making a landing)

Pools:
    We are not big fans of pools, mainly due to chlorine so we didn't not spend much time in the pools/main tubs but they were always full and clearly the focus of the fun.
    The hot tub in particular was (understandably though) so full of chlorine it made my eyes water, so again we did not hang around there too much.

Nude Bar/Nude Grill:
    Now these were our main hangout spots, especially the nude grill manned by the awesome Steve Nunes! steve was awesome in accommodating every request for customized food orders once we were bored of the standard offerings...from using the nightshift's pizza toppings in burgers to conjuring up different marinades to fish and chicken, steve was awesome.
    At night the pizza lady was little less accommodating to customizations etc, but at 3am drunk and stoned any pizza still tasted great!

The nude bar staff were also cool, but we did wish they had a few more fresh fruit ingredients to make the blended drinks, especially fresh limes, using fruit syrups for frozen drinks doesn't seem to fit right with all the lovely top shelf booze they had on offer. Also I really wish they had some kind of energy drink/mixer at the bars...(jaeger bombs!)

Dining room and restaurants:
    We enjoyed the food, good variety of dishes, lobster/sushi night was great, and I loved the suckling piglet as well as the roast leg of lamb, and the ice-cream machine...really wish they had one of those down by the nude beach...tried both restaurants, the Japanese was fun , maybe a little salty but definitely a good night and a good chance to mingle with new people due to the random/mixed seating allocations. Martino's was also good, but I definitely rated their meat dishes above their pasta dishes, the lamb rack/chops in particular were really good.

Nude Beach Entertainment:
    during tom's trips no swimsuit week most days they would bring their own dj to the nude pool, he played only American music,
    we preferred the ec's selection as they played more reggae and Jamaican music than rocknroll and country,
    so when we herd him take over it was a good excuse for us to get off our lazy asses and do some watersports...but most of the crowd did seem to like his sets...
    we really did enjoy the ec's games et down there, from trivia to general drinking games they were always there to try and get you involved and punish you with shots should you dare talk back to them! I think one day Winston had it in for me and I was 6 shots down before noon...day written off lol...won loads of hedo bucks (some were even donated by fellow guests) and we managed to take home a couple freebies, although not sure where we'd ever wear them in public

Piano Bar/Disco:
    piano bar was fun but often hard to get a seat or a drink, some people left before the end of the main stage show to get seats there, we always strolled in late so never really got to sit at the heart of it but definitely it was buzzing every night and we were actually really impressed by some of the guest singers. the disco never really took off while we were there, also there was a funky smell in there...so after the piano bar we would try go to the disco, but most of the times just ended up leaving it after a few minutes, and heading towards the nude beach bar...which we soon realized at night is the best place to have a conversation as its the only bar without loud music...

Miss NO Swimsuit Week:
    special mention must go to the awesome glow party thrown by DJ island, I would have loved to see an aerial shot of the whole pool deck glowing ...when we finlly reached our room that night and collapsed on our bed we both wet ourselves loughing as our whole room was still glowing in the all the mirrors etc from all the freebies they had given out.

Gift Shop:
    Very Very overpriced but good range, there is a gas station les than 5 mins walk out side the resort where things are at least half the gift shop prices (redbull/cigarettes) and if you can be bothered to go to town then you will pay a quarter of what they charge but for convenience and being able to charge items to the room I guess it was quite good...

LIFESTYLE ASPECT:
    I'm not gonna lie, this was the first time we saw open public sex and after the first 12 hours my gf had her bags packed and was ready to check out...it took a bit of calming on my part to get her to stay and give the place a go instead of just bailing, and after a morning on the prude side she herself wanted to go back to the nude side... and as expected within a couple of days we became de-sensitized to the random bopping heads on the beach or the tub antics,our instinctive reaction to the 'antics' was to turn away or leave, which somebody later explained is not the best course of action to take when some action goes down near you, so after a few days we were cheering for the 'performers' and in general were able to have a good lough about the antics that went on around us...although there was one situation involving a nonagenarian lady that I am not sure I will ever be able to erase from my memory...
    I think we were one of the youngest couples there, and we did get a few offers to play, we weren't interested in involving others in our thing so we politely declined the offers and 99% of the time it was ok, only a couple individuals were a little more persistent so they needed to have things spelled out a little clearer but nothing serious, just drunk people forget what they are told so they need to be told again sometimes...unexpectedly some of the more 'predatory' offers came from ladies rather than men.

OVERALL:
    We really met loads of fun people with great stories and actually made a couple friends that we will hopefully keep in touch with...and we really enjoyed the whole party hard while naked thing, this 'social' aspect of nudity is not very common in Europe where nude beaches don't tend to be very chatty or social but more people trying to stay out of each others way, and also it definitely helped us broaden our views on the lifestyle and expunge some of the unnecessary concerns we had prior to going...
    We are not big drinkers and we really hadn't partied this hard since freshman week in college, about 3 days in I had nearly lost my voice... all in all it was a great way to bring out some of our lost party spirit and get us off our lazy asses
    We had some really awesome moments between ourselves, there really is something that charges the atmosphere there which leads to great sex and having to keep up a nominal 'guard' allows for great complicity and lots of giggles....

I bet within a few years we'll be back as right now I just cannot imagine going to a 'boring' resort where I can't throw my clothes off at 2 am, ride a waterslide butt naked and then run to the nude side to get a warm pressed towel and go enjoy a pizza, a joint and a cognac all while chatting shit till the early hours of the morning...

-----------------------
    Last edited by nogozitu; 03-19-2014 at 08:48 AM.

Excellent report, always love reading the newbie reports (and no report is ever too long). Thanks for posting!
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Great report. We were there that week not sure if we met.
    I do have photos of the Glow Party from the top of the water slid.
    No faces can be seen. It does look cool the pictures are a little blurry.
    I also have a short Video from the same location.
    Glad you enjoyed your trip.
    Hedo 2 March 2006
    Hedo 2 March 2009
    Hedo 2 March 2011
    Hedo 2 March 2012
    Hedo 2 March 2013
    Hedo 2 March 2014
    Hedo 2 March 2016
    Desire Dec 2017
    Desire June 2018
    Hedo 2 March 2019
    Hedo 2March 3 - 13 2020
    Next trip HEDO 2 3/1 to 3/11 2023

Thanks for the great report! Looking forward to our first trip in just a few weeks so it is always good to hear reports from other first timers!

Great review and post. Glad you had a good time. :-)
    Hedo II 3/21-3/28 2014 Young Swingers Week
    Hedo II 12/25/-12/29 2013
    Secrets Hideaway & Club Secrets (Kissimmee, FL) 4th of July Big Bang Weekend 2013
    Secrets Hideaway & Club Secrets (Kissimmee, FL) Labor Day Weekend 2013

Blog Entries
    Such a lovely report and so well written. Grammer/spelling/syntax all this stuff counts, LOL

If you want to really make friends at Hedo next time smuggle in limes as there isn't a single one of the island as far as I can see.

"all in all it was a great way to bring out some of our lost party spirit"
    Gotta love it! Glad you had fun

Cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Great trip report, loved reading it!
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ctsoftswgcpl View Post
    Can you post your photos and video? I bet those would be amazing to see!
    Thanks.
    H3, March 22-28, 2009
    H2, October 9-15, 2010
    H2, October 8-15, 2011
    H2, May 16-24, 2014

“Don’t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright” -- Bob Marley

Awesome report! Thanks for sharing. It sounds like you did enjoy yourselves.
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!

Blog Entries
    I meant to mention that the first dive at Hedo they always take you straight out to nowhereville, nothing to do or see. Your next dive they take you someplace pretty good. I really like Frenchman hole. Last year they swam us through about 75 yards of coral tunnel, my buddy sucked down 2/3 of his tank in 3 mins flat. It was my second time at that location and it was fun both times, arches, schools of fish, interesting things to see.

Everyone says it was dynamite fishing that ruined the reefs, but that has been illegal forever. I believe those who have told me on the island that it was the big hurricane about 15 years ago that wrecked Jamaica that did it. In the ten years I've dove there it has continued to get better....It's obviously not as good as the Red Sea, but there are some good spots.

Cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Quote Originally Posted by CapnMorgan View Post
    Excellent report, always love reading the newbie reports (and no report is ever too long). Thanks for posting!
    hehe thanks, I had written it out even longer thinking id upload it to tripadvisor where I am a senior contributor...but then I thought that my TA account is connected to FB :/ and decided not to...

Quote Originally Posted by ctsoftswgcpl View Post
    Don't think we met, but from your avatar your face does seem familiar, maybe we crossed paths ..
    you may have noticed my gf as she was the only South Asian at the resort that week... and especially Eaton loved getting her up on stage...
    as I said in the review we didn't spend much time inside the pool or tubs so we mainly met people that hung out at the beach or by the bar/grill...

I would love you to post the pics from Dj Island's party! I literally took only like 3 photos for the whole week if nobody's face can be made out then I'd think its ok to just post them publicly...

Quote Originally Posted by takemetonegril View Post
    Such a lovely report and so well written. Grammer/spelling/syntax all this stuff counts, LOL

If you want to really make friends at Hedo next time smuggle in limes as there isn't a single one of the island as far as I can see.

"all in all it was a great way to bring out some of our lost party spirit"
    Gotta love it! Glad you had fun
    Cheers
    I did bring my own! It was a similar story during our week on the main beach before hedo, although they did have all the other fruits at our bar there , but limes were rare, so I went to the market by the roundabout in town early in the morning to get some, they're premium! around 3$ for a small bag! and they were tiny (immature) too, like cherry sized...basically enough for 2 mojitos!
    at hedo after a few days we also brought fruits from the buffet down to the beach to have blended in drinks...
    I really don't understand why they wouldn't have any fruit other than bananas down there...
    I mean I love a dirty banana as much as anyone, but papayas, pineapples and melon make for a much better rum punch if blended fresh!

Quote Originally Posted by takemetonegril View Post
    I meant to mention that the first dive at Hedo they always take you straight out to nowhereville, nothing to do or see. Your next dive they take you someplace pretty good. I really like Frenchman hole. Last year they swam us through about 75 yards of coral tunnel, my buddy sucked down 2/3 of his tank in 3 mins flat. It was my second time at that location and it was fun both times, arches, schools of fish, interesting things to see.

Everyone says it was dynamite fishing that ruined the reefs, but that has been illegal forever. I believe those who have told me on the island that it was the big hurricane about 15 years ago that wrecked Jamaica that did it. In the ten years I've dove there it has continued to get better....It's obviously not as good as the Red Sea, but there are some good spots.

Cheers
    yes I guess I was in nowhereland because really I just saw dead corals, seaweeds and urchins, just like the snorkeling trips lol...where one of the boat guys had a more 'jamaican' theory that the reefs are dyeing due to tourist suncream in the water...LOL
    Last edited by nogozitu; 03-19-2014 at 10:24 PM.

Awesome report! Thank you for writing it as it was very informative for us, as our first trip is in august and we've been planning one for two years!

Thanks for the report. We are planning our first trip in June!
    Limes - We were on a cruise a few weeks ago and they were very short on limes. Seems like cold weather has hurt supply for a while!