Thread: Bumped from Room?

Unhappy Bumped from Room?

Lets start off with we are older fogies. We wanted to chunk the fires a little bit. We have a pretty good start but wanted to try something different. We have tried the nude scene several time but it was somewhat tempered. I have been reading the board since we booked for March 2 next year. I just read two trip reports that people had been bumped from their rooms. Is the common at Hedo or something that is unusual? I have traveled for years and have never heard of this. I thought if you book a certain type room that is what you got. We booked Quad first floor. Is the resort not keeping up with how many they book or they over book like the airlines? I would be disappointed if I didn't get the room I booked. Just like to hear from others. I can live with it but will not be a happy camper.

I do believe that sometimes they overbook. It helps if you arrive earlier in the day. Sometimes you get an even better room and everything is great.

Don't stress about it. It may not even happen to you. We didn't have any problems the last two times we were there.

Kristy
    Again with flip-cup??

4/24-4-29 2006
    5/12-5/19 2007
    11/3-11/10 2007
    5/2-5/9 2009

7/30-8/6 2011 First time at H2
    7-28-8/4 2012 H2

We were told the overbooking was caused by a new employee. Who knows, but we had no problem last year. Also, if you are bumped and they offer you compensation, there are different options. A couple of girls knew they wouldn't be back next year so they were able to get spa treatments and go swimming with the dolphins. They were happy with that. We didn't think we were going back next year, we had planned on trying the Desire resort, but with 3 free days we will go back.
    Life's hard....go to Hedo!

also i think all travel agencies aren't on the same page.. i booked aug 9-12th with AJVACATIONs and did a single share but i knew my friend was there so i was just going to get them to put me in her room. EVerything was great until the day before i got a phone call oh we had a malfunction with our system and hedo is booked solid sorry we have to put you in grand lido... I WAS LIVID!!! i called my friend and made sure no one was booked in her room yet.. so i worked everything out and ended up at hedo but i was really upset because I didn't pay my money to stay in grand lido and if you do a single share that means im travelign ALONE but it worked oUT

that happened too us also... we were booked from aug 5th too the 12th and when we checked in at the super clubs desk we were told the same overbooked and we were going to lido braco for 1 night...we were part of cocktails int and missed the first nights events..... hedo made up for it with 3 free nights next year so all is well

This is in responce to TISHA856, I am curious as to what you mean by (single share) as I am going to Hedo 3 for the Love voodoo event in Nov 10-21st and am going as a single man, I am hopeing that I won't run into any problems especially since I am flying all the way in from Iraq..... been over here way to long to be told that there was a mistake.....

We've posted something about this under the H3 part of this forum.

YES YES YES...it IS common to be bumped from the room you have booked, regardless of how long in advance you book it. This is a SuperClub thing - a business thing. They overbook on purpose assuming that some people will not show for whatever reason. It's a calculated risk to overbook in hopes that you stay at 100% occupancy than book properly and have empty rooms - lost revenue and all could happen...

Someone else has said it's the travel agents' faults. They say that the agents overbook their share of SuperClub slots. Well...they book all the ones they are given, true...but it's SuperClub's fault for assigning more slots than are truly available to the multitude of travel agencies. So, to say it's the agent's fault isn't entirely accurate or even on purpose.

The bumps usually happen with a group arrives early in the day. DennyP is one group that has a contract w/ SuperClubs to hold X number of rooms for the people coming with them. Not that this is bad, but it means if you vacation at a Hedo the same time they are there, your chances of being bumped are increased. The single people and solo-couples get bumped. And, the singles and solo-couples normally arrive later in the day -- after the large groups have arrived.

Post removed.
    Last edited by RembrandtX; 06-05-2009 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RembrandtX View Post
    can we move this thread out of trip reports ?
    Well....we are reporting about our room situations with past trips. Just b/c it's not about the hijinks we got up to, does that make it any less of a trip report?

RE: Getting Bumped

Some friends of ours were there in April. They checked in after an all night flight, went to their room for a power nap and were awoken by someone in their room. The front desk was giving out keys for occupied rooms. They weren't the only ones that this happened to. Keep the extra locks on you door when you're inside.
    They also heard of safes being broken into, so beware.