Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "no tipping rule"

Quote Originally Posted by CopNkitten View Post
    Your all breakin the law and I am bringing my cuffs with me in 144 days.

Cop..
    LOL better inform TSA at the Tim air hanger! I heard someone had to explain why they had cuffs last fall!

Quote Originally Posted by HedoJoe View Post
    Not sure if this is something new with the new owners, but I got it from the horse's mouth. When the resort does good, the staff does good.
    Wow, they got horses too? I knew about the camels, I saw the camel toes with my own eyes!!

Seriously, rewarding the staff for performance can only be good. My point was that measuring performance fairly, given the climate, would seem to be difficult at best. If not administered fairly, could do a lot more harm than good. If there are positions that don't get recognized, I would think that it might be harder to find those willing to work those positions. In any case Hedo management is far smarter than I, they own Hedo, I don't.

Philly Dave
    Jamaican WaterSlide Team
    www.jwst.com

Hedo II September 12 - 19, 2015

Hedo II 1990, 1991, 2010, 2013, 2014
    Hedo III 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by mac_r_a View Post

I do not want favoritism - I want to say thank you to those who stood out with excellent service.
    Agree completely. It's our vacation. We expect exceptional service. If a staff member really goes above and beyond to provide some extra special service then we'll go out of our way to thank that person.

Another approach to consider.... take the time when you leave to explicitly get a note to management about a particular staff member that you thought was excellent. Trust me, the managers and owners will take note of that. The $5 or $10 you slip a staff member will certainly be appreciated that week but a staff member who has consistently gotten praise from guests will be rewarded when the time comes for raises and promotions. Not many guests will take the time to complete a survey or get a note to management so managers know that when a guest has taken the time to do that, it carries a lot weight for that employee.

Quote Originally Posted by sexylady View Post
    So we break the rules, because we love to be the judge of what is good for others. We are all on a holiday. If we want to right the wrong there are 4 billion poor people in the world and a billion organizations trying to change that. They all need our help.
    If this is an argument against tipping, then I don't understand it. Since there are 4 billion poor people, then we should help none? I personally try to help as many people as I can. I am sure that the $30-50 that I dropped in tips made quite the difference to a handful of folks. I help many of those organizations as well. I am not rich, but I am fortunate for my life and help others when I can.
    First Trip to HEDO= 7/19/14-7/26/14

Hedo II, Negril. Anywhere else does not matter
    Blog Entries
    Let's all play by the rules. All those who are for tipping should tell management that they are not in favor of 'no tipping', and they often break the rules. Then the rules are fair and square for all, and in a level playing field let the best tipper receive the best service.
    Hedo 3 - 4th July week 2005
    Desire - July 2007 -
    Hedo 3 - 4th July week 2009 ( closed now)
    Hedo 2 - Lovevoodoo Nov. 2010,2011,2012,2013,2014 -
    No Swim Suit - March 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018 -
    4th July Week - July 2015,2016 - 5th March to 13th March 2016
    Feb17-25 2017. 27 Oct to 5th Nov 2017:
    Mar 2-11 2018; March 29-April 7 2019:
    Coming Up 29th Oct - 6th Nov 2021.
    www.amazon.com/author/venusshaw
    www.swingersexdiaries.com
    https://www.swingtowns.com/like/eroticavenus

The rules also say no Public sex, so be careful what you ask for.
    Hedo, Sept. 27-Oct. 8, 2015 (can't wait to return).

Hedo, February 2015.

Hedo, September 2014 . First time!

Brilliance of the Seas - January 2014

A very poor attitude with the staff will slow your service much more than a tip will speed it up. You don't hear the word "respect" in Jamaica for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Memphis View Post
    LOL better inform TSA at the Tim air hanger! I heard someone had to explain why they had cuffs last fall!
    There was no explaining, they took them and when I showed my credentials the nice head of security said "You should be glad your not going to jail today".
    Being the big tough Philly Cop that I am, I slid them over the table to her and said "is there anything else you want, may I go now please",
    And ran my ass out to the Tim Air Plane, lol.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 46to10 View Post
    Agree completely. It's our vacation. We expect exceptional service. If a staff member really goes above and beyond to provide some extra special service then we'll go out of our way to thank that person.

Another approach to consider.... take the time when you leave to explicitly get a note to management about a particular staff member that you thought was excellent. Trust me, the managers and owners will take note of that. The $5 or $10 you slip a staff member will certainly be appreciated that week but a staff member who has consistently gotten praise from guests will be rewarded when the time comes for raises and promotions. Not many guests will take the time to complete a survey or get a note to management so managers know that when a guest has taken the time to do that, it carries a lot weight for that employee.
    I take the time to take extensive notes while we are hosting our group and at our after group meeting with the management, we always mention the people that made our groups stay exceptional, in person. As well as fill out the comment cards.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

There was no explaining, they took them and when I showed my credentials the nice head of security said "You should be glad your not going to jail today".
    Being the big tough Philly Cop that I am, I slid them over the table to her and said "is there anything else you want, may I go now please",
    Cop..
    Saying "keep the hand cuffs, I am going to Hedo la la"
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

To the original poster....
    In addition to the other items already mentioned:
    small scented candles and any type of cool chotzke (pardon my spelling) that could be used on a theme night.
    Every time I go I pack two school bags full of school supplies and a note card thanking them for taking care of me.
    I leave them for housekeeping. I realize that may not be useful to all, but I do what I can.

I would HAPPILY give the resort $$ on my way out to be divided as I indicate. (either special categories -- ie: grounds-- or particular individuals.)
    If they didn't want to deal with it, they could have little "cubbies" with their name and picture on it, and then you could slip the dollars in!
    That way it would truly only be recognition of past performance, focused on those that gave good service, and totally unselfish as they would not know where it came from!

There are so many people that work behind the scene to make our stay there the best it can be. When people leave tips to individuals, it is almost like you are ignoring so many people. I know we are guilty of leaving chocolates for housekeeping and bringing bags to the wait staff as well while others casually give a tip to th ose behind the bar. But what about the person in the kitchen whose responsibility is to cut up all that fresh fruit in the morning, or the person who makes those now yummy desserts at night? What about the landscape guys who make the property look so wonderful? What about the watersports guys who maintain and clean the pools and hot tubs? Do you leave tips for all the EC's? That is why the resorts tipping pool, funded by the resort, is so important to them. It takes care of EVERYONE.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

I am as guilty as the rest...I have left chocolates and personal items for the housekeeping staff, I have embroidered names and the Hedo logo on aprons for cooks, and kitchen staff, I have brought work gloves for beach staff, cleaning the the leaves up..I bring simple things like pens, pencils, and paper for the staff at the front desk..god, knows how many times I've needed a piece of paper..lol..and . I have brought items for the EC's that I know they will use...

Most of us who are repeat Hedo goers, often get the privilege of having breakfast or lunch with different staff members and just in everyday talking you get the feel for what they would use...

I do it to make life abit easier for them, I feel that it's our small way of saying thanks...thanks for always having a smile on their face, even when it might be a bad day, thanks for always making things perfect for us, thanks for everything that puts a smile on my face once I reach the resort..or should I say home....

Cop..
    LOL I remember the story its probably the best "OH SHIT" without permanent marks story I've read in a long time

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123