Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Hedo&Puffs New Year

A Hedo&Puffs New Year

No....that's not a typo. Puffs, as in the tissue.

So, my vacation started with me seriously debating cancelling
    I was suddenly very sick with a head cold and flying was painful. But, I powered on and the only reason I don't regret it are the 8 new amazing people I met.

Departure Flight
    working in GA now, so left from ATL. Stayed over at a local hotel the night before only to find their shuttle doesn't run for early flights. So that was annoying.
    Flight to CLT and then MBJ was uneventful ...other than severe ear pain and losing my hearing for about 24 hours. (Yes, I took sudafed, afrin, chewed gum, wore vented ear plugs and constantly yawned. I had a BAD head cold!)

Club Mobay Arrival
    Tuesday 11am arrival, even on Dec 30th, was not busy. For me, Club Mobay arrival is insurance I happily pay. I've waited in an hour plus line with screaming kids. Never. Again. Made a stop by the bus service to let them know I wasn't taking it and arrange my return. (Note: if your travel agent sets up the bus for you, please take a moment to let them know if you won't be using them. They are waiting for you!) Got into the lounge and used the nice clean bathroom and had a quick rum punch while my CM rep ran out to let Rockys know I was here.

Rockys Taxi
    easy reservations. Very pleasant driver. Probably old enough to be my grandfather, but still plenty alert and the right level of agressive for my taste. As we're arriving he says "you know, I was security on the nude side. Every day I was stiff." And I answered (in all sincerity!) Oh, was it from standing all day?
    Yeah... I had a BAD cold.....

HEDO Arrival
    Quick, pleasant, and off to the H Block I went! (No credit card deposit. 2 free bottles of water at the gift shop. Mention of free WiFi in the courtyard.)

Room
    I love the H Block location! Absolutely perfect IMO. Room was refreshed and I had no complaints.
    (Seriously. None. 3 years ago I would have laughed my ass off if you told me I would ever write those words.)
    Even the pillows were improved! I was thrilled

Food
    can honestly say I didn't eat much, and tasted less than that. But I had no complaints, and I didn't hear any. Looked fresh and was plentiful.

Drink
    Don Julio tequila, grey goose vodka, jaeger, fireball, crown, and a lovely assortment of rum. I don't think anyone was wanting for anything.
    For me, my drink of choice was ice water with an emergen-c kicker. (Although there was that one night when I discoveredI have an uncanny tolerance for fireball shots.....)

Beach
    Clean and stocked with chairs, tables, umbrellas and floats. I never had too much issue finding a good spot. But I will say this: if you are such a delicate daisy that a towel on your lounger is not enough, bring your own float. Way too many people laying on them when one of my small pleasures on this vacation was floating. (At least until I had to paddle back in to blow my nose!)

Pool and hot tub (nude)
    I was only up there a few minutes this trip. My head just couldn't take the noise. But all seemed well.

Entertainment
    Fabulous as always. I liked Saturdays show. Fridays was missing some energy that's always been there in the past.

Improvements
    the new courtyard rocks! I love it!
    wine room seemed nice. Nice finish. Same with the coffee bar. Looked like average cost was $5 and large mugs.
    remodeled bathrooms in courtyard was a HUGE win, and the ones at the nude pool looked good.
    Note: no ladies/men's signs ....men, if you don't see a urinal, you're in the wrong one! I heard two different men own up to this mistake!

The Guests
    Maybe I was grumpy, but seemed the crowd was a little ...inconsiderate. Leaving chairs/shoes/etc in the way, jumping in front of others in lines, not a lot of pleases or thank yous. Kind of disappointing.

Nature
    I heard the snorkeling off the nude beach was pretty good! Water sports will lend you a mask and snorkel. Give it a try!
    the kingfish (?)birds (look like pelicans ) were crazy this trip! I swore I was going to have one land on my head!
    and there was the National Geographic worthy scene early one morning as a hammer head (?) Shark took down a sting ray just past the swim rope.
    Takes a lot to stun a group of hedonites.... well done shark!

My personal experience
    I met this guy out in the water.... who introduced me to his wife and the couple they were traveling with....who introduced me to the crazy irish guy they had met the day before...who was flying in his unsuspecting lady friend...who all welcomed the crazy couple from Canada that landed on our "private beach." And that is how I became the 9th wheel to 4 of the kindest, funniest, most caring couples. They got me water, ignored my nose blowing, and made sure I could breathe after they made me laugh so hard I couldnt. Whether it was playing "spin the dildo" on the dinner table or panty swaps outside the piano bar, they truly made me a much happier soul.

And then there was my personal pharmacy couple. Taking note of my droopy shuffle to dinner (and non existent voice) they came through with some amazing med that made me feel SO much better. Their selflessness in sharing (she was sick too) was a different twist on the Hedo way

Departure
    Make sure you allow some time for checking out. As a frequent traveler, I'm used to dropping my keys and bolting. Not the case at hedo!
    Bus arrived, easy trip back. Monday around 12:30. And the place was MOBBED. I have never seen anything like it. Took me over a half hour to check in my bag, and that was using the first class line. I'm pretty sure everyone else was easily over 75 minutes. THEN there was the immigration line....that came out of the hall, wrapping in a few twists, and then down the length of the building. I looked, took a deep breath, and said a silent (or maybe it was out loud? Lol) THANK GOD as I handed the lady my Club Moby pass.
    note: lady in front of me checking her bag tried to purchase a club Moby pass and they were out. Buy in advance!

Club Moby Departure
    lovely as always. Food, drink, wifi, adults only section. ...all good.

Return
    My ears did not do much better on the return. Flight was uneventful. Homeland security was a pain in the ass. (I'm really not digging these auto immigration machines!) Ran across CLT airport to find they changed the gate while I was on the run. All the way back I went, barely able to breathe, nose running! What a scene!
    and only to find the flight was delayed. Ugh. Long day, but made it safely.

Ok, so not my best trip report. (Not my best trip! Lol)
    if I missed anything let me know. I'm always happy to answer questions!

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow, certainly one of the most unique trip reports I have read from Hedo and I hope your recovery is full and complete for your sake.

Thank you for your efforts in writing this report.

I am getting there....thanks Ann

Thanks for the excellent report Phillygirl22...especially under such trying conditions, that head colds sounds like it was a doozy!
    Sorry you had some negatives but overall sounds like you made lemonade from lemons for sure. Always enjoy reading about the improvements being made at Hedo (only 6 more days till we check it out ourselves). That story about the shark is incredible...didn't know there were any in the area, think I may change my mind about snorkelling LOL.
    Get well soon!
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

"...Was it from standing all day?" So clever! Did he laugh?

Thanks! I'm definitely feeling better!

I just couldn't believe he said it! He looked at me like I was crazy and said "no, it was from the naked people!"
    Lmao.....

Well, I appreciate your wit, phillygirl22. Glad you're feeling better!

Thank you!

Great report. Glad you didn't cancel sounds like you still had a wonderful time!
    Past Trips:
    November: 2008, 2011, 2012
    October: 2016
    January: 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020

Upcoming Trip: January 19th - 31st 2021

love your report my favorite part of hedo is meeting new people your allergies sound bad I start taking medication a few days before I leave for jamaica

We are glad you did not cancel as well, always great seeing you there
    CopNkitten..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Great Report!Sounds like it is time for a Netti Pot!Maybe some antibiotics as it sounded like an ear infection.I flew with a bad sinus condition once-Never Again.And always take a snort of Afrin before I fly whether I need it or not......

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Nudists View Post
    Great Report!Sounds like it is time for a Netti Pot!Maybe some antibiotics as it sounded like an ear infection.I flew with a bad sinus condition once-Never Again.And always take a snort of Afrin before I fly whether I need it or not......
    I was doing the neti pot before but couldn't bring myself to do it in Jamaica. No distilled water....

Quote Originally Posted by rutgersman View Post
    love your report my favorite part of hedo is meeting new people your allergies sound bad I start taking medication a few days before I leave for jamaica
    I lost my hearing on the plane and one more hour after we landed, and excruciating ear pain on a trip to FL once. I have scaring on my left ear drum but hearing tests prove excellent. I take Allegra OTC without the D for one month before flight and during stay and for the last 4 trips gum and talking help during the trip. Allergies or a bad cold are not conducive for flying. I heard of another lady flying back from Jamaica and she ended up needing surgery for it. I feel like we need to carry a pharmacy with us now. Especially Deet.

I fly every week so was definitely the cold. But those are all good tips! And yes, bug spray....I heard a few cases of bug borne illness. ..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast