Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fake tan

Quote Originally Posted by brokenwife View Post
    friend of your went down with us in nov she didn't and got 2 degree burns because she won't pre tan and stayed out in the sun. She was in her room for the last 3 days of the trip.
    We had the same happen to a friend of ours in Cuba. Three days lost to a very bad burn. We pre-tan and use sunscreen often. Very easy to stay in the sun too long when drinking, so you need all the defenses you can get.
    Hedo, Sept. 27-Oct. 8, 2015 (can't wait to return).

Hedo, February 2015.

Hedo, September 2014 . First time!

Brilliance of the Seas - January 2014

Blog Entries
    my wife and i don't pretan, i'm as white as they come.... we use spf 30 put it on before we leave the room for breakfast.... and we reply around lunch time and again in the afternoon.... 6 trips in and they still call me white boy...lol.... my wife just turns all dark even with the 30spf on.... so no pre tanning for us...
    Hedo II jan 2012 2013--2014---
    may-- oct 2014--
    jan. Apr. Oct 2015-- Jan, April, Oct 2016
    2017, April Sept, and Oct
    2018 Orlando June 2-9
    2018 Oct

Up Cumming Trips April and Oct 2017

We just got back yesterday from 6 days at Hedo. No pre-tanning at all, but we begin the trip with SPF 50 on day 1 and progressively move through to SPF30, then SPF20 and last SPF15 by the last 2 days or so. We sit in the sun from morning till afternoon rarely seeking too much shade and have never burned, and we just returned home last night with beautiful glowing tans.
    Additional note: certain more sensitive parts of the body may require higher SPF for longer - family jewels, face, ears, etc. - while others can handle lower SPF like lower legs.
    Desire RM and Pearl Feb'14

We always get some what of a base before going...saves us in the end from burning...even with the sun screen.. I've actually already started for April... And hubby will start in March...

My preference is to get a good base because as you say the trip would be ruined if you looked like a baked lobster. I do however know a lot of people who load up on the suntan lotion and constantly apply to their lily white skin. Some are concerned about the possibility of cancer, others just don't tan. Either way it's a personal preference and it's wise to be prepared for the long days of heat and sunshine.
    Promises may get friends but
    'tis performance that keeps them

As I said I don't pre tan and I use the spray sunscreen, once when we get to the pool around noonish and if were out all day once more later in the day, twice a day is enough and I don't burn. But one lesson learned, with spray sunscreen, don't apply it yourself you will miss spots and definitely burn, lol.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Blog Entries
    Sun up till sunset on the beach, must pre-tan or get scorched and I tan easily. Always forget the top of my feet and they get burned.

Cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Registered User LovingLeocouple's Avatar
    We tanned for 30 days before our trip. My wife who never tans actually got some color before the trip. Both us spent time each morning after breakfast slathering each other down in SPF30 sunscreen before heading out to the nude pool each day. We meant to reapply during the day, but we forgot to do this on most days. I didn't even get pink. In fact, I'm not sure I gained any extra tan while there in the sun all week. My wife would have fried though if she didn't tan before - she's normally quite fair skinned. We also wore straw hats and stayed in the shaded areas of the pool quite often. I could probably just get by with using sunscreen while there, but we plan to continue tanning a month before each and every trip. I'm a big guy and fat and tan looks a hell of a lot better than fat and pale. It also helped me have a bit more confidence, and well....confidence is king when your looking to play with others.
    "No expectations - always amazed by how much fun we have!"
    Past Trips:
    January 2013 - Caliente Tampa
    January 2013 - Jewel of the Seas
    August 2014 - Naughty in N'awlins 2014
    January 2015 - Hedonsim II
    July 2015 - Naughty in N'awlins 2015
    January 2016 - Hedonism II

Next Trip: Hedonism II, April 21-29, 2017

Loving_Leo_Couple on SLS
    loving_leocouple on H2 Community
    loving_leocouple@yahoo.com

We started tanning a couple weeks ago.......Like Brian&Terri says, gets us in a Hedo mood. Nice to go in when it's 7 degrees and bask in the fake sunlight of a tanning bed. We do this every Spring before vacation season starts......nothing like having your beach vacation ruined by getting burned and being miserable the remainder of the week.

Blog Entries
    I pre-tan starting a month or so before the trip, 2x per week and then 4x during the final week before the fight to Jamaica. With pre-tanning, I only need to use SPF 15 sunblock at Hedo.

Just started our pre tan process 40 day ahead of our arrival. Im banking on tan fat looking better than white fat!!

We always pre tan before our trips. Nothing can ruin a vacation like a bad sun burn. Pre tanning is all part of the ritual and just gets us in the hedo mood.
    Last edited by 2naughty; 02-08-2015 at 08:10 PM.
    Past Trips:
    November: 2008, 2011, 2012
    October: 2016
    January: 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020

Upcoming Trip: January 19th - 31st 2021

Blog Entries
    It's not proven that if you fake tan before going into the sun you won't burn. I have done both and burned both ways. I agree with your wife, it's very unhealthy to fake tan. Better option is to bide your time between the sun and the shade on the first couple of days and apply lot's of sunscreen. Being Canadian, we don't ever see these intensities of sun except when on vacation in tropical climates so we have learned the hard way to protect our parts. Our last trip to mexico we managed to keep ourselves and our four children burn free and still ended up with amazing color that didn't peel off two weeks later. Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12