Thread: Prudish H3 Trip Report

Prudish H3 Trip Report

The main reason I went to Hedo was because I was stressed at work and being a shy guy, I thought Hedo might bring me out of my shell. Alas, I found out that I’m not really a Hedo type person and even though I met some fantastic people and the Hedo staff were excellent, I realize now that I only made a token effort as my heart was never really in it after the first couple of days.

So here is my story and hopefully some similar types may get some benefit out of it…..

I met quite a few people on-line before my trip and I highly recommend this approach to every Hedo traveler. It was quite special to me that my delayed flight, plus a separate delayed flight for other passengers resulted in 8 people that had met each other on-line before the trip were unexpectedly on the same bus to Hedo. This “new friend” situation resulted in complete calmness about my room not being available on arrival (7 hours later then scheduled) and my bag not arriving until 2-days later, all of which would have normally pissed me off big time.

So we arrived about 10 p.m. and after we all checked in, we met in the main bar, then the disco before heading off to the infamous nude pool…whereby my first prudish effort happened as I’d never been nude before and while all my new friends happily stripped off, I chickened out and went back to the disco (in my defence, I was shocked at how lit up it was at 1 am in the morning). This effort really annoyed me as I it meant that my shell was not going to be broken, so a quick two shots of sambucca soon had me back at the nude pool and this time I did go in for my first nude experience...

Living up to my expectations, I only had 3 hours sleep whereby I was up waiting for breakfast and I started drinking breakfast champagne until the nude pool bar opened at 10:30….this resulted in me being totally wasted by about 2 p.m and then the reality of Hedo set in. Specifically, I was propositioned by a very attractive naked woman, her husband was looking on and had approved the contact and I just couldn’t do it. Morally, I’ve never been into one night stands and sleeping with someone’s wife has always been on my “never to do” list. This is where my holiday went downhill as unfortunately there were few single women available and speaking to other single guys, they indicated that they had been extremely active, but only with other guys wives. This became a big turn off for me, especially as none of the single women seemed interested. I therefore decided there was nothing to do but just drink all day, however as you can imagine, this really takes a toll on the body after awhile.....

...… anyway, before people blast me for my negative approach, I’d like to point out the following tips for other Newbies:

(1) As per the forum advice, I didn’t go to Hedo to get laid, however maybe this is a prerequisite for enjoying Hedo?

(2) If you see a single you like, go for them straight away as things happen fast at Hedo.

(3) I booked 14 nights at Hedo III which is far too long for a single guy IMO.

(4) I ended up transferring to Breezes after night 11 and I was surprised to find that guests could use Hedo III facilities for free. This means that the “unsure” can go to Breezes where the accommodation, food and activities are of a higher standard, visit Hedo for free to see if they like it and then even transfer to Hedo if they love it (both resorts have the same General Manager). Oh yeah, there were numerous single women at Breezes

……in summary, I think Hedo is an excellent resort but I just didn’t fit the profile
    Last edited by aussiexpat; 09-17-2007 at 06:27 AM.

Specializing in nautical/terrestrial acquistion and redistribution
    Terry,

As one of the more "outspoken" members of the B/B, I'd like to say thanks for hanging out with us as long as you did. I hope you had fun within your boundaries and genuinely hope you decide to come back next year with the B/B. As it were, we are a mixed group of couples and singles, and, as it was our first "invasion", our membership was small. We were glad to have you with us.

Crossbones and I have a few questions about Abu Dhabi, but I'll send them in a PM, if you dont mind. Hope your trip home was better than ours, look for my trip report soon.
    "Pirates are crude, vile, highly
    offensive creatures who compensate for their lack of knowledge and manners
    with debauchery. Now everyone can stop with nicey, nicey and start being Pirates!!! AARRRGGGGHHH! !!!!"

Blog Entries
    Hey,

Sorry it didn't meet your expectations. I am the one you should have talked to before going. I DO tell everybody to go with expectations and make them happen. Yes, I am a loner out here on the "expectations limb," but I stand by it.

They say it all depends on the crowd and maybe you didn't mesh with the right folks. I don't fault you for passing on the offer. Everyone has to set their own rules and bravo you for sticking to them. Hopefully you have no regrets.

Take a lady friend next time and see how that fits for you.

Thanks for the repoprt. Seeing all sides is better for all.

Is your glass "half full," or "half empty"... At Hedo, who cares... go ahead and fill it up every time you're near the bar...

1) We went as a couople to HEDO and only got laid twice.. Still loved the place!

Hey there...

I think we saw you when we were leaving... we were eating breakfast after a crazy 13 days, and you WERE drinking champagne at 10am. I am sorry about your stay, and I am sorry we didn't have more time to chat with you.

les and greg

Quote Originally Posted by fleshforfantasy View Post
    1) We went as a couople to HEDO and only got laid twice.. Still loved the place!
    Got laid twice! Good to go! H3 isn't a"F" fest. Those who go thinking it is will be disappointed. If you just go there and go with the flow you will do fine.
    Last edited by Skipper; 09-23-2007 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skipper View Post
    H3 isn't a"F" fest. I totally get in tune with the environment. Get laid...congrats. didn't get laid and are pissed...went there with the wrong attitude...IMO anyway...
    You've got to be kidding...H3 was a "F" fest as there was sex in the hot tub, sex in the disco, sex on the balcony outside the disco, etc. etc.

I think your right about the wrong attitide though, I obviously should have accepted the sex with someones wife...then again, as I said in the OP, I obviously don't fit the profile.

Terry: I talked to you alot before you went & met you when you were there. I did not see you much after the arival. I know it must have been hard being by your self but we did have some of the coolest people I ever met & I would have love to hang out more. It was are first time too. I do think now you did book for too long. Did you do ny excursions? Screw getting laid. Hedo is about experiece & things that you may not be comfortable with in the real world you can do in hedo & not feel ashamed about. Being naked is awsome even when yo are not with someone & as long as you were with the group we trusted you. I really felt like we could have partied more but this was are first time too. I hope you are not turned off by hedo & realize that you do have friends there; you just may need to come out a little. I was worried about leaving you I know It must have been hard as a single, but I really felt like our group was mixed & more about being great friends than having a great fuck. anyways, sorry we didn't hang out more. Please consider a shorter adventure when you have time & know the bareass bucks are here to cheer you on. arrrggghh!

Much love _ Wet paint
    Life is like a dick, when it gets hard...Fuck it!

Sorry to hear about your not so great experience. I firmly believe that either Hedo is not for everyone.

We've been to H3 once & H2 21 times & I would offer these thoughts .....

1) 14 days is way too long for a first trip for a single guy.

2) The Hedo's can be tough for people who are not normally extroverted....especially single men

3) There can be sex seen lots of places & lots of times. But it is not a F**fest. My hubbie & I don't mix it up & it's never been a problem. This is especially true at H2 where there is more room to spread out. At H3 we found that the sex was definitely slightly more "in your face" only because the nude pool & hot tub areas are so small (as compared to H2s where they are more spread out). For a first trip, if you're not sure how you'll feel about the sexuality, it can be quite overwhelming when you are by yourself.

4) Single girls are the top of the food chain & single guys are not. It is much easier to go as a single gal than as a guy. But there are always way more single guys than gals.

5) My very first trip was to H2 as a single gal. It was intimidating at times. It is definitely more of a couples resort. I can see how if you continued to go as a single you would become more comfortable with it. But for a first trip, it can be difficult.

6) Even with one of the best groups (which is who I took my first trip with...Denny's WWW group) it is still a first trip & taking that as a single is tougher.

I hope your next vacation is better!!!

Liz
    Liz & Chris

I think your post is spot on Liz........

I just wanted to add that the group of people at Hedo were a great bunch and if it wasn't for the Bareass Buccaneers, I think the holiday would have been a complete disaster....the main issue I had (as a 1st timer) is that there didn't seem to be much happening outside of the Nude pool; I only ever saw 1-3 people in the quad (my room was pool-front) and the prude beach & pool were empty (and no circus trapeze or golf like Breezes).

I haven't given up though, I just think I'll go at a busier time and with a Lady next time

Well now I am just noticing you came a long way to get there. That makes it even more of a drag for you that it wasn't a fabulous time. You might try H2 the next time. Things are much more spread out & not just at the nude pool.

Glad you haven't given up.

Liz
    Liz & Chris

Blog Entries
    May I add my full support for you going at a busier time. Any party, even Hedo, is more fun with more people. More people means more diversity. More diversity, means more people can find what they want. Some say you can get lost in a crowd. I say that you can get lost if you can't find a crowd that suits you. Taking a lady friend could also never hurt. Keep the faith my friend.

Is your glass "half full," or "half empty"... At Hedo, who cares... go ahead and fill it up every time you're near the bar...