Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Construction update

Quote Originally Posted by YoungSwingersWk View Post
    We just got back from 10 days at Hedonism and posted a lot of new photos in our photo gallery of the improvements at the resort.

http://www.youngswingersweek.com/photos.html

It was a great time and the staff and the whole place did a fine job making sure it was ready.

Thanks to all of attendees who made the event so wonderful.
    Thanks for sharing the photos. I like how you also have pics of the old resort so that people can see the difference. There are also a couple of the "sand pits" that we talked about.
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_cpl View Post
    Anybody know why they were ever put there in the first place? Always wondered.
    Back in the day when the dining room was much more open air they had wild grasses growing in the pits. Kind of a zen type thing.

Awesome pics .. thanks for sharing .. we are heading to Hedo for the first time last Jan 2016 so it was nice to get a real perspective of what the resort looks like
    Arch & Michelle

HEDO II JAN 23-30 2017
    HEDO II Jan 30 - Feb 6 2016
    TEMPTATIONS Jan 2015
    TEMPTATIONS Jan 2014

nice to meet you Newfie Screech!
    tried to upload a pic of the bonfire but kept failing
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfie Screech View Post
    We also had a bonfire one evening. That may be a weekly thing too, unless it was just being done while the dining room was closed.

K and A - we think we spotted you dining near the courtyard. Will say hi next time we see you!

The updates look good. I will admit I did not think they would pull it off in time. Only issue we had the week we were there was the AC in our room did not work.

I am glad for those of you that waited have been able to enjoy the newly renovated dining room etc. I don't mind saying that I may have got it wrong when I said they would never get any of it finished. Is it all done now?
    For those of you that think I moaned and groaned about our trip. We had a great holiday,mother people we met were brilliant, as were the staff. I still believe that we should have been told about the building work and also that we missed out on some experiences because of it.
    It seems that Hedo agreed with this, we got a nice room upgrade and a very nice financial arrangement on our return. It wasn't all unfounded moaning.
    Would we go again? Definitely! Not next year though or until we find out what building work, if any is happening next.

As to the history of the "sand pits" in the main dining room. In the 80s, those sand pits were lush gardens with tropical plants and the roof was open (sort of a raised roofed pergola) over them to allow rain/sun to naturally keep the gardens in a healthy conditions. Those additional openings in the roof also enhanced the breeze flows thru the room. Now, the downside of those openings was that birds could now easily enter the dining room and became very aggressive in attacking the food everywhere (I mean everywhere) within the dining room; this result was not ideal, as anyone can imagine. As time went by, several fixes were attempted to keep the birds out and while allowing the rain and sun to nourish the gardens. Some ideas worked better than others, but these efforts (with each iteration for bird control) had a very detrimental effect on the gardens. At a certain moment, the new dining room roof construction completely removed these openings over the gardens and the resulting floor areas were turned into (early on) Zen sand gardens; there was a gardener with a certain raking skill that made them interesting. Then they became just sand pits with just a few hardy plantings and smooth stones; not unsurprisingly, some of the cats found them, too. They were very easy to trip into as the sand pits had about a 2 inch high block fence around them (left over from when they were water retaining gardens).

So that is my memory of the 30+ year of evolution the now removed sand pits.

We were thinking about going in February !! Are they still working on the resort?

Registered User Allan_Elizabeth's Avatar
    Work is done now until the off season check out the threads lots of pics of the new dining room

Next trip Dec 15 - 21 2019

Is there any news on the renovations of the nude pool etc....

Quote Originally Posted by 1smoothcpl1 View Post
    Is there any news on the renovations of the nude pool etc....
    Harry says that's quite a ways off. Before then, they plan to build a new pool on the prude side (lower part, not the main pool area). This will function as the nude pool while they then rebuild the current nude pool.

The bigger projects for the year seem to be done but they are still working. Today, they were painting above the buffet in the main dining room. Also at the buffet, there is a piece of plywood over a plumbing project that I saw them working on a couple times late-night. There is also open ground by the block of rooms directly south of the disco.

Hopefully they will fix whatever is causing the surprise bidets in the main dining ladies room. When anyone flushes, the other toilets splash up on you. Really not ok.

Quote Originally Posted by advokaat View Post
    Something "magic'?

The mushrooms really kicked in?

Sorry advokaat.

The judges ruled that the correct snarky response for the category should have been:

"What is PEYOTE?, Alex"

Thanks again for playing.
    Surely the Whirled Turns

A wile ago I came upon the following:

“You paid someway for everything that was any good.

I paid my way into enough things that I liked,

so that I had a good time.

Either you paid by learning about them,

or by experience,

or by taking chances,

or by money.

Enjoying living was learning to get your money’s worth,

and knowing when you had it.”

from The Sun Also Rises
    Ernest Hemingway

special thanks to You Know Who You Are!!!
    Surely the Whirled Turns

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930