Thread: costa rica trip in april

costa rica trip in april

we are Jerry and Sheila from Carnation Wa. We have been swingers for 12 years now and have enjoyed a few lifestyle trips abroad. our next one is coming up as we are taking our first trip to costa rica and would love some feedback on any good or bad places to stay that are swinger friendly or at least nudist tolerant. any leads would be appreciated

I have been researching a place to go at the end of April. One that came up (via Castaway Travel) is the Copacabana Desire (unrelated to the Desire resorts):
    http://www.copacabanahotel.com/

You can find it on Trip Advisor as well. The reviews are a bit mixed but it might be what you are looking for!

I've stayed at Copa Cabana Desire in Jaco Beach. It was a small boutique style hotel with a restaurant & a bar. I didn't do the all-inclusive package at first, because I was afraid I may not like the restaurant options. But they have such a large menu - and the food was terrific, so after 3 days, we added the all-inclusive option. Because the hotel was small, it was a bit quiet. However, a swinger group arrived (on a Costa Rica 7 day tour, where they went to multiple locations) the last 2 days & that was tons of fun. You may want to look into tour dates...I'm not one for the whole guided tour thing, but if I went again, I would definitely try to plan my trip to coincide with their dates at the hotel. The rooms were a little dated, but they were clean. The manager was so nice & would come around to check on you and make conversation, so you felt very welcomed there. There were two swimming pools - one was completely nude & one was topless optional. The wildlife was amazing too - there's something about being completely naked & watching the Macaws (bright colorful parrots) flying overhead, monkeys screeching in the trees, Iguanas lumbering out by the pool or sloths laying around in the shrubs.

Now, I'm not sure if you are aware, but I feel like you should know in order to make an informed decision. Jaco Beach, the town is known for it's hookers or "tikas". Interestingly, it's not "seedy" like you would imagine. The women come by the restaurants at night - but they don't pressure. They are friendly, beautiful, and outgoing/gregarious. They seem to sense an interest or not & if not, they move on. I was a little nervous about how this would impact my experience (as a woman in the L/S) - but honestly they almost added a bit to the sexy vibe. We did see some guys partake in their services & watched as the girls went to the front Desk with them & "registered" before going up to the room. Being of an inquisitive mind, I asked the manager about it...Lol. He informed me that all the girls carry a Health Card, that must be shown at the Front Desk, before they can enter the room section of the hotel. The Front Desk keeps their card & keeps track of what room they went to. After the girl comes back down, the FD calls the room & speaks to the guest to ensure everything was satisfactory (as in the girl didn't rip him off or anything). Then the girl gets her card back & departs. This action protects all the girls & the patrons & apparently they haven't had any prostitute related deaths or serious crimes in Jaco in over 20 years. Pretty impressive...and all completely legal.

I'm not advocating either way, but its just something you may want to know ahead of time.
    Release your inhibitions, Feel the rain on your skin.....

Upcoming Trips:
    H2 Nov 4-14, 2020

Past Trips:
    13 trips to H2 (Mar '10, Jul '11, May '12, Jan '14, May '14, Jan '15, Jul '15, Jan '16, Jul '16, Jan '17, Oct '17, Jan '18, Jan 19)
    9 trips to H3
    Freedom of Seas Cruise (Nov '13)
    Desire Los Cobos (March '13)
    Copa Cabana Desire - Costa Rica (August '10)
    3 trips to Temptations (October '09, '10, '11)
    Spice - Lanzarote, Spain (April '15)

Do you remember the name of the tour group? That sounds like a fun trip!

We are going back next April for a Takeover of Hotel Nine (costaricalifestyletakeover.com). We looked at doing a Takeover at Copacabana but we need over 40 couples to fill that so we decided to do a small Takever in 2017 and try for a bigger Takeover in 2018.
    SOP Lifestyle Productions: www.soplifestyleproductions.com
    Indulge ALL Your Senses