Thread: Pros and cons of groups

Pros and cons of groups

I’ve noticed a lot of people or maybe the majority go with a group.

I’m just wondering why it might be better or better to go non group?

Thanks

We have gone with a group and without and have had a great time either way. Have been there with a group in early February one year then booked on our own the next year and were welcomed back by that group anyway.

The only real advantage booking on our own is that as Canadians, it tends to be less expensive booking a package that includes flights and rooms in Candian dollars than booking rooms in US dollars thru a group and flights separately.

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    From one of my blogs about booking with a group:

Just some considerations as I get asked this quite often about my annual TravelSlut/Krewe de Krazy Life Group Trip to Hedonism II every June:

Groups will most often have the best rates for the timeframe you seek and likely allow for you to extend the group rate both before and after the groups' main dates at the resort--- provided you spend the bulk (usually a minimum of 5 days) of your days within the group week.

Groups usually offer a special meet and greet at the beginning of the group week

Groups often have a "goodie bag" for their members which might include any number of small, useful items for your stay at Hedo or something to take home to remember your trip there.

Groups offer a kind of "security blanket" for newbies or people that are more shy/anxious by always having member-guests that the newbie can learn from, ask questions, dine or drink with, or just carry on social conversations, etc.

Groups sometimes have special events or activities that provide guests opportunities that may not be offered to other non-group member guests.

Groups can sometimes make reservations for areas of the resort for special activities

Groups can charter a nude cruise from the resort

Groups provide recognition by both Hedo staff and other guests often through the use of beaded-name necklaces or identifying wristbands, etc.

Groups allow guests to be followers and not leaders and not having to make decisions especially in new situations

Groups can offer more assistance should you encounter a problem or issue

Group members often watch out for other group members should a guest have too much to drink, too much sun, or just too much whatever

Groups provide an avenue of support and casual interaction and often lead to friendships outside of Hedo.

Groups allow for friendly conversation, sharing experiences, sharing memories, having friendship/camaraderie, laughing with someone, or simply eating or drinking with someone you might know or want to know

Cons for groups?

There are very few cons that I could think of based on my experience organizing my group the past 14 years and speaking with group leaders and members during my previous 14 trips to Hedo and many group trips to Fantasy Fest in Key West, Florida every October.

One possible negative would be any pressure to participate in group activities (they should always be voluntary because the guest is always the guest & it is THEIR vacation/holiday)

I am not aware of membership fees or initiations (although I jokingly tell my group members they must "buy" me a glass of champagne at Hedo...lol).

Anyway, I hope this helps a little.

Ann, TS

Good information TS!

I guess the next daunting task would be choosing the right group.
    Does that generally go by age class?

Actually I should mention the only week I think we could go would the week of July 4th.

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HedoNeewb View Post
    Actually I should mention the only week I think we could go would the week of July 4th.
    Group age is only one factor. Check with the group's homepage/website or www.hedonism.com/events calendar write-up and see if the groups' description meets your criteria and don't be shy about contacting a group leader or review of one of their trip reports.

Group is the way to go!!!
    Hedo III Wet T-Shirt runner up, Feb 2008 - H3
    Wild Women Hedoween Oct 2009 - H3
    SwitchHitters April 2012
    Desire RM Feb 2014
    Love Voodoo Goddess Week March 2015
    Spanksgiving Nov 2017
    Ms. No Swimsuit March 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023
    Swing Into Spring 2024-March 23-29

Blog Entries
    Groups become like families but nicer. I can't think of a bad thing about groups, many people I know booked with groups that weren't that much fun, but they still had a good time. I also know people that booked with our group (and we raise hell most of the time) and never saw them all week. You are never ever required to do anything so if the group becomes burdensome you just go do your own thing. Doing your own thing doesn't mean you'll be alone, quite the contrary, it's a 24hr a day rolling party there.
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

This will be our 1st trip with a group. Its actually our first trip to Hedo...A&L