Thread: appleton Rum

appleton Rum

Appleton Rum is one of my favs to drink. I read somewhere on this site that there are some premium rums available. Please let me know what the names of these fine Appleton rums.
    Married @ Hedo 3 Jan.11 / 2008

Sipping a rum and coke as I type!

Appleton is great. Check out their web site. http://www.appletonrum.com/ A lot of these brands are available in the gift shop at Hedo 3. Hope you have a great trip. We have to wait until Haloween before we can return home.
    W&F of North Carolina
    Hedo 3 New Years 2006-2007
    Hedo 3 10-27-08 thru 11-3-08
    Hedo 2 - Virgin Trip 12-28-09 thru 1-3-10

Cool thanks for the tip.

xxx
    Last edited by BandL; 06-05-2009 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1st timers View Post
    Cool thanks for the tip.
    You can get some at the duty free at the airport in Jamaica. My personal favorite is a 12 year old Appleton Estate called Extra reserve. In November it was 17.00 dollars a litre compared to around 30.00 a fifth at the local liquor store here. It's a hand blended dark rum that needs only a glass to be enjoyed, ice is also acceptable. Coke is for lesser rums. If you choose to buy at the duty free you can carry it onboard for the flight out of Jamaica. You will have to pack it in checked luggage before the next leg of your flight so plan ahead and leave some room for it.

While at the resort always ask for the top shelf rum or VX in your drink. It's an 8 year old dark rum and is much better that the Appleton Special rum they use.

Like has been posted before avoid the gift shop. They rip you off on price and only have the 8 year old estate rum most of the time.

There's also a 21 year old version at the duty free for 75.00 a bottle. If you pick up bottle please tell me what's it like.
    Dave and Carolyn Jamaica Gemini's
    Because everyone has a naughty twin that comes out to play at Hedo!
    Oct 30th - Nov 7th 2009. Kink Week and Wild Women's Week.

Thank's once again for the help. I think one bottle of the 21 year old rum will do, and three of the 12 year old stuff. MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Here in NC just about every ABC store carries Appletons Special for around $13 a bottle and some even carry VX for around $18. So be sure to check out your local liquor stores before going thru the trouble of hauling bottles back that you can get here. What you can not get here is Rum Creme...which is what weighes down our suitcases on the way home!

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

$13 dollars a bottle? Our great canadian government enjoys making money on other peoples backs. A 26oz bottle of regular appleton would probably go for $30 a bottle. Thanks for the tip on the rum creme though.

P.S. 5 MORE DAYS TO GO YEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by Face Down View Post
    Here in NC just about every ABC store carries Appletons Special for around $13 a bottle and some even carry VX for around $18. So be sure to check out your local liquor stores before going thru the trouble of hauling bottles back that you can get here. What you can not get here is Rum Creme...which is what weighes down our suitcases on the way home!
    Our stores are a little higher than the ABC's for the Appleton Special and VX. That's the good thing about states with regulated liquor stores prices are usually lower. Duty free price on the Appleton Special is $9 I think and I don't recall the VX price. And while I can get the 12 year old stuff here it is almost twice the price locally when they have it.
    Last edited by Rebelwolf; 12-31-2007 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1st timers View Post
    $13 dollars a bottle? Our great canadian government enjoys making money on other peoples backs. A 26oz bottle of regular appleton would probably go for $30 a bottle. Thanks for the tip on the rum creme though.

P.S. 5 MORE DAYS TO GO YEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAA
    When you get there go immediately to the main bar and ask for a VX and coke.