Thread: Int. cell coverage - Sprint?

Int. cell coverage - Sprint?

Anyone know if there's an ok signal, or if you can pick up international roaming there? I don't want my husband freakin out too much if he can't check on his company every now and again.

Thanks!

Aaa

as a rookie, i can't comment on traditional carriers like Verizon, Sprint, etc...

...but if your cell service is not available there, AAA Motor Clubs have international cell phone rental for their members. I think it was like $25 for a week. While that may seem horrendous, it's probably much cheaper than trying to adapt plans or get slapped with roaming.

while we're on this topic, i know there are a few computers outside the gym area - and that internet is like $8 for 15 min. Anyone bring their own laptop AND was able to connect somewhere to download/upload emails?

one of the cruises i went on, the cost on the computer was for the time you were actually connected. so i would compose my emails in a text document and then paste them into the appropriate email messages to save money. worked very well considering i was doing some online courses at the time.

Oooh oooh oooh! Great question! Any wireless connectivity? I'm probably asking a lot, but that would be super cool as the laptop is joining us on the trip. We added International to his phone for only $4/month. Not bad... just curious if there was any signal!

We have both Alltel and AT&T - they both worked fine
    Scott & Stacy
    1st trip Feb. 08
    2nd trip - Who Knows?

I hear a calling card would do the trick. It may be a more cost effective way to go.
    Thinking of going back on June 12th-15th.....2nd Time.

Blog Entries
    Yes, I use my Sprint phone every time we go and it works just fine. I did nothing to enable international calling so I just pay the regular international roaming fees. It is not too bad, cheaper than using the regular room phone.

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

I'll tell you in 3 weeks how Verizon works, but here's the link to them:
    http://b2b.vzw.com/international/Roa...ica.html#rates

For what it's worth, last time, we couldn't get our calling card to work but the rates from the room ended up being fairly comparable anyway.
    Hedo III May 24-31, 2008.

Cell Service

We went last year and we have cingular. You do have service there BUT WARNING. I had to pay 187.00 for 5 days of using my phone only twice a day.. I say bring it for emergency but use the resort computer to keep in touch with things back home

I went last month, and my Sprint phone worked well. I went to the Sprint website and found the number to call in order to activate international service. They were very nice and explained how to dial out from Jamaica, and how people should dial me while I was in Jamaica. They say they only guarantee signal in an 8 mile radius of either Montego Bay or Ocho Rios....but I had no problem using my phone at H3.

verizon

Quote Originally Posted by curious72 View Post
    I'll tell you in 3 weeks how Verizon works, but here's the link to them:
    http://b2b.vzw.com/international/Roa...ica.html#rates

For what it's worth, last time, we couldn't get our calling card to work but the rates from the room ended up being fairly comparable anyway.
    Verizon worked great for us last December. We had to change carriers before we left , because US Cellular doesn't have service there.

Have Fun !

I will throw my cel phone to the ocean, so I can disconnect myself from the civilized world, only fun during that week.

When we went last year, in October, Sprint sent a text message to my phone telling me what to do to make an international call. We used it a couple of times and had no problems and I don't remember it being too expensive. It was easier than going to the desk and having the room phone turned on.