Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jan 24 - 31st Roll Call - Who's going???

Registered User NorthernXposure's Avatar
    Hi everyone, we're Mike and Julie from Vancouver. We arrive on Jan 23 and leave on Jan 30. Its special trip for us as it will be Julie's birthday on Jan 27, so we look forward to celebrating with everyone!

10 days to go! Can't wait!

M&J

Leaving Philly on US Airways the morning of the 24th, will anyone be on that flight? Like to get the party started ASAP. Cant wait!

8 days and counting!!! Wahoooooooo!! Look forward to meeting everyone!!! Special trip for us too....20 year anniversary, DANG!!! Has it really been that long.....

Woo Hoo! A birthday and an Anniversary - more reasons to party!!!!

9 more sleeps for us!!

Not packed yet but our spare bedroom bed has the makings of some cool costumes.....lol

Speaking of packing ..... and for what it is worth.....

Take 2 pairs of inexpensive sunglasses each. You are naked so you have no pockets to put them in if you take them off, you have a drink in one hand and are touching your sweetie with the other so you can't hold on to them and I will swear that if they are anywhere near the hot tub and they fall off they are gone forever - it must melt them!!!

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!!!

Additional packing ideas:

Cheap flipflops for pool shoes - you wear them from your room to the pool deck and then you kick them off under a chair. You play nude volleyball, you socialize around the pool, you sit in the hot tub, you do bodyshots at the swim up bar and maybe 6 - 9 hours later you go back to get your shoes. It's a busy place and there's lots to do - you don't want to be worried about your $150 imported, leather sandals now do you?

Another thought:

Take a variety of strengths of sunscreen.
    This is good advise for us Northerners that have been going to the "fake and bake" to get rid of our pasty whiteness!! This advise is even if you think you have a good base built up. The sun is very intense there and we usually start out with SPF30 for a few days and graduate to 15. By the end of the week we are down to 8. You don't want to miss a moment in the sun so don't let a sunburn keep you away from the pool - protect yourself!!!

OK - someone elses turn.....lol

thanks- this is very helpful!! started packing this week - trying to make sure we get everything we can't live without in a carry on and the rest in checked bags - your suggestions are great and being a newbie, I never would have thought about some of this issues (ie - where to put sunglasses when I'm drinking and groping my sweetie!!). Nine days and counting!!!

Yeah so for the fake bake thing... Iam a redhead with freckles, and do not tan, BUT Iam trying the tanning bed thing to get a pre-burn going on, lol... so far so good, I look like a pretty strawberry!! So if anyone needs spf 45-90 hit me up I will have it!! As for the flip flop issue fun lovin is right, I have lost shoes, and to this day I have no idea where they went...hmmmm... oh nevermind.... Hubby needs to bring at least 6 pairs of sunglasses, one for every day... Dont know where those go either...hmmm... As for being nekkid and having to carry everything...DONT.... Iam going to bring my ride on cooler and just stuff it full, just kidding!!! that would be fun though!! Iam just gonna bring a beach bag and throw stuff in it, and where it ends up is where it ends up!!!! See ya all at the pool....

It is freakin' cold out!!!! Today was -32C when we woke up - that is about the same in F- only 8 more sleeps for us!!!!!

PS on the packing - take a lanyard to hang your key from

Wow - Looks like a good time in store!! We're all gonna be together but our "friends' list is empty...
    Are we doing something wrong or just haven't been around long enough?

Also - we look forward to meeting all of you!! We've been to Jamaica before but this will certainly be our first (hopefully not last!) "adventure" into the Hedo...
    We fly out of ATL on the 24th via Air Jamaica and (unfortunately) have to return to the "Big A" on the 31st...
    We also appreciate all the tips for us "newbies" as that very much describes us!!
    Where is a good place to post a "personal" email address in case anyone wishes to contact us directly? We created a gmail account specifically for use on this site so I don't mind posting that one - just don't wish to post it here without knowing if it's acceptable...
    Enough for now!!

7 more sleeps!!!! :-)

phitonicum magis somnus - - Thought I'd state the same in Latin
    Still 7 sleeps too many!! But counting down!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast