Thread: Trip Number 3

Trip Number 3

We just returned from our third trip to wonderland (5/11 - 5/18). We got to spend a little times with our Gemini friends we met last year, as well as spending time with many new friends from the Wet, Wild, and Wicked group.

First of all, our travel there was great. Air Jamaica did a nice job and got us there early. The immigration and customs lines went quick, and the bus ride uneventful. We got to the resort and had to wait for our room (of course) but Barb managed to get us a pool front room (with a little help from Robert?). Much nicer than the 3rd floor from the first 2 trips.

Thursday night we ate at the Pastafari with some of the Gemini's. The company was great and the food and service OK. Unfortunately our Pastafari experiences went down hill from there. On our 4th and last trip to Pastafari we had to ask for menus, ask to have our orders taken, ask for bread and oil, were begging for wine from other tables, and had to share steak knives (the meat was so tough it was impossible to cut with a normal knife).

Munasan thankfully was much better. The service was good as was the food all three times we visited.

We never ate dinner at the buffer, but heard it was so-so as usual. The "grand gala" was supposed to have been very good. Breakfast was good with delicious omeletes and French toast. The midnight buffet hit the spot after naked slide runs.

Overall the service seemed better than last year. People were friendly and at least on "fast island time". There seemed to be a lot of new "trainees" that were doing good jobs.

The Scotch Bonnett / Reggae Cafe was good as usual. The service was a little slow - one time we sat down at 11:30 (when they open) and didn't get a waitress until 11:50 and another time we got up after waiting 15 minutes.

The nude grill was good for afternoon nachos or fries.

We had no hot water issues but the temp in the shower seemed to fluctuate every 30 seconds or so. And towels seemed to be in good supply.

The bathroom in the piano bar is a big plus.

Overall, the resort seemed much cleaner. We heard no reports of mold from anyone. Buildings 700 & 800 were closed for "rehab".

It was good to see our Gemini friends even though we didn't get to do much with them. I think it was a little hard as they were winding down from the week while we were just winding up.

The Wet, Wild, and Wicked group was a blast. We made many new friends that we look forward to seeing again.

Other memories:
    Silicone slide runs
    Alison and Don sitting in the tube in the disco like gerbils
    Duck jumping
    The beer fountain(s)
    Wayne winning the pimp contest
    Finding Jay sprawled out in the quad
    Having to go in search of Jay in the first place
    3 am quad tub sing-along
    Polly's energy and attitude
    Finding out Tina was born minutes from my boyhood home
    Lynn beating the crap out of my Packer hat (she was just jealous)

he he sounds like you had to much fun!!!!
    Shell and Dougiestyle.
    need more now! Next trip I'm going to have sex Im going to have it often and more of it.. really I am. Man do I have