Thread: Dave and Carolyn

Dave and Carolyn

This trip I tried to look at the trip and resort thru new eyes.

Travel

The ride in to the resort was tedious, we are used to fairly long rides but this one seemed to last forever, trip in was on a new bus so the air worked real well. But it was a full size tour bus and the driver was in no hurry. The road is in the worst shape its ever been in but thats because they have so much torn up to make it better. Getting a private taxi would likely save a lot of time wasted at the airport and stopping at other resorts. We stopped at Breezes to drop off two couples on a full bus. I would have liked to stop at Hedo first since there were a lot more of us on the bus.

Bus ride back was worse. Older bus with no air. Stopped at three properties to pick up people. And maybe it was worse because we were tired and just wanted to get on the plane and get a nap.

Air was probably worse than bus travel. We flew American Airlines and will never do it again. I'll go to Jamaica by Kayak before I do that again.

None of that is SuperClubs fault though. They contract with a bus line and the road work is what it is.

Resort Condition

The resort is showing some surface scratches and dings from age. Some things are so long forgotten they are never going to be fixed, remember when the water wheel used to turn? The pussy fountain was not working the whole week and the waterfall over the grotto was either broken or shut off.

We had hot (even Carolyn had to use some cold) water every day with the best pressure I can remember. They shut down the water one night from 11pm to 1am to repair a leak in a water main. Other than that we had plenty. The room was clean and comfortable and had room for all our junk for the week. You pay for the resort meaning the pools, bars, dining areas, and overall party. Room is for showers, sleep and a place to hold your clothes till you need them again. I've stayed in nicer rooms, but they didn't have all the scenery Jamaica offers.

Pool towels and others were in pretty good supply, face cloths were hard to come by and have been for a couple trips now, just what happens to all of them?

For those that follow the messages on Denny's board let me yell for a moment WE SAW NO MOLD, NOBODY ELSE MENTIONED ANY MOLD, I DID NOT GET SICK, MY WIFE DID NOT GET SICK, NOBODY WE KNEW THERE GOT SICK (with the exception being self inflicted alcohol sickness), THERE WERE NO MOLD RELATED DEATHS REPORTED! We did see one woman taken to her room in a wheelchair in what the nurse said was an alcohol induced coma, she and her husband were pretty much drunk from morning till well morning. There was no cause for concern, she was back at the bar just a few hours later.

Bar and food Service

Top shelf drinks were usually available everyday but when the bottle or bottles ran out that was it. There were a lot of new faces at the bars, and a lot of trainees during the week as well. Service was slow at times but usually not bad. Then again it's hard for me to take it out on a bartender working 6 12 hours shifts a week for 50.00$ US.

Service in the dining area was also hit and miss. Again lots of new faces around. We really only had one time where it took a long time to get silverware and water at the table. On the plus side there were times like late one night at the midnight buffet where the waiter told us he had set up our table and already had water there while we were still browsing. I'd have to say the service was okay overall. I have no idea how you manage an open seating area where people tend to come in pairs that often becomes a table of 8. I do know the staff in the dining room has been reduced and it's noticeable. I know the manager David Ewan fairly well and he's doing all he can with what he has. Also while talking with Michelle Davis we talked about the cutbacks and turnovers. If you are expecting service at the snap of a finger you will be disappointed.
    The buffet was not as good as other trips. Variety was way down with fewer fresh fruits. The pasta bar was noticeably missing too. I am a fairly adventurous eater so I could always find something but for the meat and potatoes types it would have been bad. I usually look forward to the fish on the buffet but there was a lot less this trip.
    We had dinner in the Pastafari two nights and the food was very good and the service better than you will get at most places in the states. I have always liked the Pastafari best for dinner at Hedo. We did not get a chance to go to the Munasan this trip but heard from others it was good.
    Dave and Carolyn Jamaica Gemini's
    Because everyone has a naughty twin that comes out to play at Hedo!
    Oct 30th - Nov 7th 2009. Kink Week and Wild Women's Week.

Thanks for the info we heading back to hedo II 05/26-6/4/2006 trip #4. We have already heard aboutmost of the things you mentioned. They have lost lots of people to Desire because of those same things. As for us we still love regardless of roads and the NOn Gourmet food. There still roberts Grill and Pasta Fari.

Thanks for info

Marty and Cesar

As most know from our post, that we have not been to Hedo before. In 3 weeks we will get our first taste of it. We don't have anything to compare it to, so I'm sure that we will be impressed witht the overall trip. I have done some research on other resorts and found that alot of people that were die hard Hedonist have also switched to Desire. We will take another trip in the future, but this trip to Hedo will decide where we try next time. My wife and I realy do enjoy reading the trip reports, they have given us alot of insight in what to expect. We have read some realy promising reports and some not so promising. We will soon find out, for better or worse.

I also didn't see or hear of any mold. Also had no problem with towels, and also had no problem with hot water.

As for desire... I heard it was CO not nude, that'll make a major difference in the atmosphere.
    Chris
    Site Administrator
    AdultTravelForum - |The Naked Truth about Hedonism II|Slut Wear|Site Themed Clothing

Many of the die hard hedonists that are changing to Desire are doing so because its a more lifestyle orientated resort. For me I still love Jamaica and do not like Mexico so Desire would not be an option.

Just for the hell of it I did some shopping around for other resorts in Jamaica. Breezes in Montego Bay is cheaper than Hedo by about 400.00, but they have basically nothing. Breezes Runaway Bay is about 100.00 less that Hedo III and the same price as Hedo II. The Grand Lidos are 700.00 to 1000.00 more. Sandals and Couples were both 300.00 or more higher.

Considering that you can not find the same atmosphere anywhere else (and that includes Desire) I still think Hedo III is worth the money. Would I have liked some better choices on the buffet, sure. Easy fix is to make dinner reservations more often.

This was our 11th Hedo trip. Tenth to Hedo III. We still love Hedo and Jamaica and will be back. We are thinking of changing to Hedo II next year because we are wanting to see how much has changed since we were there last. Also the themes and events at Hedo III are getting kind of stale after so many visits so a change of resorts may be good. Only problem is we know so many people that work at Hedo II we'll miss them.

Rebel, I do see your point. Desire is $1100 more the same trip that we have to Hedo III. I work in Mexico 6 months a year and have for almost 3 years now. I don't like Mexico and have my concerns about vacationing here. I guess that I'm back to one of my threads, Hedo is what you make of it. We are not swingers and not in the lifestyle. I don't think that my wife would ever go there. We do like the idea of an atmoshpere that is laid back where we can be who we can't at home. I'm not concerned about the food or the room being 5 star. We would like to have a good time and meet some new friends. This forum has been such a big help to my wife and I. Going from family vacations with kids to Gatlinburg, Tn. too Hedo III for her and I will be a big change of pace. It is long overdue. We are looking forward to Hedo putting some fire back in our lives.

I have traveled to Mexico a few times and just never felt relaxed there. I've never been to Desire but have talked to others that have and it didn't really sound like Hedo all that much. More of a focus on lifestyle activities and less on just having fun.

You'll definitely get a little spark back after going to hedo. We still do. I always recommend a little prive time on the nude beach at night. Sex under the stars with the ocean as a sound track is very hard to beat.

Heck I can live off the cheeseburgers at the grill for a week if I need to. Well that and the omelettes at breakfast. Hint see the guy in the far right corner of the dining room.

I too can live on cheeseburgers for a week. I live on popcorn and juice for 28 days at a time. The alternitive is fish head soup, octopuss, squid and host of other entres that tast like ass flavored ass. My main goal for this trip was to get away, have fun and put some spark back in our lives. I like the idea of prive time at the beach under the stars. That is what Hedo is about, getting out of the bedroom and the rut that alot of people get into. I have no doubt that my wife and I can make this trip great. I hear about the singles being pushy and that realy don't bother me. I can take care of that and set the lines. It will take more than a pushy guy hitting on my wife to spoil my trip. The theme nights should be good to. To see my wife wearing something in a club that is only worn in the bedroom will be hot.

We will have a good trip report from some newbies when we get back.

Thanks for all of the help and input from this forum.

we have been to h3 and desire both and they are completely different places, yes they have the beds( THE BEST PART NO SINGLE PEOPLE),and yes it can get wild, just like h3. unless your not into that stuff then you wouldnt want to go. we like to go to different places to to change it up now and then. so if you havent been there dont compare them

I have no desire to go to Desire. Just because there are no single people doesn't mean anything. I'd rather deal with a vinny and a wally every now and then than put up with overly aggressive couples who can't take a hint and won't take no for an answer. Beside, we have some very good single friends who go to Hedo who don't fit the stereotype that some would place them under.
    Martha & Barry
    Jamaica Geminis