Thread: Heedo2 Do's and Don't bother

Heedo2 Do's and Don't bother

Hey this is our first time at 2, been to 3 twice. What are the must do's and the do not bother?

Do's: prolly much the same for hedo3...but...at 2 we make sure to.... nekkid waterslide, PJ & Toga Night, Piano bar, jerk chicken at nude grill, take rolls off of dinner buffet and take then out to feed the fish from the dock at night, midnight exercise on lounge chairs on the beach, float lazily on rafts in the little lagoon and talk to friends and drink, check out the fish near the rocks there.

Don'ts: can't think of any...LOL
    "Well, it’s a sad, sad situation. Now I need a goddamn vacation."
    - Jaret Reddick/Bowling for Soup

Off resort, we loved Margaritaville, best one we have found, right on the beach and Rick's Cafe, though you tend to get hit up quite a bit for tips for the divers, does have some really nice photo ops at sunset...

Have fun...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Do:
    Get a massage
    Take advantage of the gym, and free tennis lessons w/pros
    Get off the resort, Negril is a nice town.. Great eateries and local bars. You will have greats convo w/ locals. Take a motorcycle taxi to the West End, stop at Xtabi and snorkel in the caves, then enjoy the divers at Ricks.

Don't Bother:
    Worrying
    Worrying about anything body type, or what people will think of you if they see, or remember you in the morning
    NUDE WHEN ABLE...COVERED WHEN NECESSARY

We have just returned from our first trip (trip report is coming) and there were a couple things that I would do differently. First, we had planned a trip to Rick's but liked Hedo so much that we were not willing to lose a day (or even part of a day) to go. Maybe next time Secondly, even though it's not required for guys to wear a shirt in the buffet hall, it seemed appropriate, and I didn't bring enough of a selection to cover the 10 days, so I ended up buying a couple over priced t-shirts at the gift shop. Other than that, I'd recommend trying the snorkling (if you're not certified for scuba) and also try a Hobbie Cat on a windy day. The naked water slide is awesome but be ready for it...it's wicked fast!! Finally...say hi to EVERYONE. The people are what make Hedo and you'll leave with treasured friendships!!
    Twelve trips under our belts.....
    We'll be back with the Amigos in March...

I thought of a don't ....

Don't get so inebriated that you lose a day or two...maintain....LOL
    "Well, it’s a sad, sad situation. Now I need a goddamn vacation."
    - Jaret Reddick/Bowling for Soup

Do: Walk up the beach past the AIs to the busy fun part. Do the snorkel trip and the waterslide. Ride to Bloody Bay on the ski boat and visit the office of nature for a beer or 2.

Don't: Ricks - it's overpriced and phony. Check out Xtabi or the LTU instead for some great cliff sunsets.

Chris
    Liz & Chris

Quote Originally Posted by tamnrudy View Post
    Do's: prolly much the same for hedo3...but...at 2 we make sure to.... nekkid waterslide, PJ & Toga Night, Piano bar, jerk chicken at nude grill, take rolls off of dinner buffet and take then out to feed the fish from the dock at night, midnight exercise on lounge chairs on the beach, float lazily on rafts in the little lagoon and talk to friends and drink, check out the fish near the rocks there.

Don'ts: can't think of any...LOL
    All above excellent suggestions!
    I suggest water shoes and polarized glasses for the lagoon. I was able to pick up and play with incredible sized star fish and they would wrap around my hand and arm. The lagoon actually has a lot of beautiful sea life.
    I would also purchase and underwater digital camera...the best investment. I took on jet ski rides, booze cruises and you would be suprised how much you are in the water. We took a lot of pics underwater during snorkeling also.
    It was hot when we were there in July and we did not make indoor reservation for the restaraunt until the last night. the steak at the restaraunt is phenomenal.

I cant think of any "dont's" either, except don't drink too much where you cannot enjoy the hot tub at midnight...wow!!!!!!!!

Registered User caughtyoulookin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Don't:

Waste any time getting nekkid.

Ingest party supplies that might lay you out.

Forget to drink water during the afternoon.

Forget the sunscreen.

Do:

Be friendly to make friends.

Discuss bounderies with your SO and stick to them.

Participate in at least a few themes.

Have a blast.
    I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Hey all -
    DO: The booze/clothing optional catamaran cruise. Lots of fun, explore the caves and all and a must see "Ralphie". Make new friends. Paint a rock, try to find it the next year.
    The nekkid water slide., Jerk Chicken, try all the drinks pictured on tha main bar, this will take multiple visits. Participate in the lunch time/ night time games its alot of fun and you get to meet alot of people too. Laugh way too much. Have sex whenever you want.

DON'T : Get wasted, you will miss so much when you are passed out. Be shy, just walk up and say hey. Expect a 5 star resort. Was not to impressed with some of the off resort ventures. Horseback riding, jungle safari, etc not to much fun for the price and I missed alot at Hedo, just as soon stay.
    See all REALLY SOON 14 days.............
    Love Ya , Mean It
    DIF Is Killing me!
    Hedo II - Spanksgiving 2010

I don't think I can stress how important water is. Every year there are always a few people who don't drink water and wind up passed out early almost every day. Soda, juices, tea/coffees and ice cubes do not count! nice, cold, tall glass of refreshing water several times a day. You'll also feel less sluggish in the morning. they come around and give you ice water at breakfast and dinner so take advantage of it! I'm always with two drinks. 1 water and 1 woo.

Most people know about SPF (I use 1 million) but keep in mind, being in the sun all day can still mess you up a bit. check out the shade every now and again and give your skin a rest. all the chlorine, ocean water, SPF, soaps, add being 3 inches to the sun, and it's one string of irritants your skin isn't used to.

These two important things will help keep your body going strong, so your mind can enjoy all the pleasures hedo has to offer.