Thread: When to Come to Hedo?

When to Come to Hedo?

My wife and I went to Hedo 3 about during the summer of 2007. We just booked our trip on expedia and showed up. We had an awesome time but we were there during a group that we really did not fit with. We were there during BBW week. We are looking for a group that is more toward our liking. We are not into anything crazy with others just enjoy having a great time by ourselves. We are 30 years old and caucasion. We are not against things others do just looking to come when a group that is more like we are is there. Any suggestions. Summertime only. End of May through first of August.

redacted
    Last edited by Mars & Venus; 01-26-2010 at 12:20 AM.

So we are going to Hedo III for the 4th of July. A couple that we met on a previous trip went this past summer after a big group had left and said the resort was dead. That is great if you are looking for a relaxing, clothing-optional vacation; but then again, Grand Lido Braco would probably accomodate that anytime. Most of us go to Hedo for the party, so I would say a group is not something to avoid... you just don't want an incompatible group.

The reason we picked July 4-9 is because we understand there will be 2 groups (who I don't think have been on this forum... or at least haven't posted their dates on the calendar) there around that time. Sweet SINsations and Chocolate Couples will be there the week of the 4th. Neither is so big that they would be considered a "resort takeover," but there are enough partiers to make that week exciting.

Maybe you should go for a week starting July 1st... that will give you half a vacation without a group and half a vacation with a group. From there you can figure out what you will want out of your next Hedo trip.

BTW, we just created a forum group here on 4Hedo to coordinate trips among the 20/30's. "New School Hedonists"... check it out!
    Hedo III, 3rd time around... July 4-9, 2010.

2nd... July 4-11, 2008
    1st... July 5-8, 2007

Make not ... then have a and make again!

Blog Entries
    We would be happy to have you. If you want to join a group with no agenda other than to have a great time and party for 7 straight days and nights you need look no further. We have made the greatest lifetime friends with Cocktails and we are always thankful for the first day we joined.

We have no requirements, just looking to meet new people and future great friends. Having the resort full of people you know makes for the best trip possible. You will fit in perfectly.

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars & Venus View Post

All types will always be there. You see posts all the time of 20/30 somethings hoping to go when more 20/30 somethings will be there. You see those with scars and extra pounds hoping they won't be the odd one out amongst beautiful 20 somethings. You see various races hoping to go when more of "their" race will be there. Lots of comments here (and on other forums) about "educated professionals" or people trying to find "like-minded" people (whatever that means to them). There are those that want more singles, those that want only couples, those that fear they'll be excluded if they are not swingers, those that think they'll be viewed differently if they "soft swap' only, those that are insecure about their bodies, penis size, fat content, masculinity/femininity, ability to socialize and talk, and those that are young buff and beautiful that hope to find more young buff and beautiful people to play with. All kinds, seeking all kinds. For the most part, it simply doesn't matter. We've lost some fantastic opportunities because we didn't catch on fast enough about how great other couples were because of our blinders or "seeking criteria." We've been burned by people we thought were like us. We've ended up making tremendously great friends who are very dear to us that before the lifestyle we probably would have been afraid to talk to. One of our favorite couples is about 15 years older than us. (We're 45.) We thought we could NEVER play with anyone younger than our son or daughter. Surprise! Point is: everyone will be there in every shape and size and age and whatever. You'll find someone. But don't be surprised if they are WAY different than you ever imagined, or be kicking yourself for not seeing the potential in those that you glossed over because they weren't what you THOUGHT you were looking for. That said, I understand about "take-over" weeks. If you’re not kinky, Kink Week might not be the time for you. If you're not bi, Wild Women Week may change the climate a bit. But even in take-over weeks there's plenty to go around. We don't do kink, but I bet someone from that week could "tone it down" to play with us if they wanted. Venus isn't bi, but I'll be a unicorn would play with us if she wanted to. I don't go looking for BBW, but ...wow! some of those gals are amazing human beings. Ask anyone about Yusuf the iconic blind guy at Hedo. They'll have stories. Age? I've gotten over that. Anyone who's done this for awhile can explain that. Do what you want. Do what you feel comfortable with. My only real caution is that as you seek to find "compatible" people, don't limit yourself (or exclude others). Most cannot do this, but being nekkid helps. That's why everyone is nekkid. No pretense. No clothes. No watches. No wallets. Just you, your skin, and your personality. No worries, mon. One love.
    -- Mars
    This is one of the best threads I've read yet! Thanks Mars.

Is there any kind of list or rough timetable of when the different groups, lifestyles, etc usually go? Or is it different every year?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ggg View Post
    This is one of the best threads I've read yet! Thanks Mars.

Is there any kind of list or rough timetable of when the different groups, lifestyles, etc usually go? Or is it different every year?
    Most groups go back the same week each year. Check out the calendar on this site by clicking the link above, or over at www.hedonism.com.

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

That's why everyone is nekkid. No pretense. No clothes. No watches. No wallets. Just you, your skin, and your personality. No worries, mon. One love.
    -- Mars

That about sums it up!!! Ya mon!

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

Blnds-
    Just to add on to the already good advice you've received- This site and DennyP also have a pretty extensive visitors calendar as well. Our week is the first week of August (July 31-August 7) and does not fit your timeline but you can't go wrong with Rob and Elle and Virginia and Graham over at Cocktails International who go the last week of July-great hosts and wonderful people.
    If, on the other hand you want to go a little later and see what AWOL's about drop us a line.
    Nick (and the lovely Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hare2party View Post
    Most groups go back the same week each year. Check out the calendar on this site by clicking the link above, or over at www.hedonism.com.
    Thanks very much

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NickandKitty View Post
    Blnds-
    Just to add on to the already good advice you've received- This site and DennyP also have a pretty extensive visitors calendar as well. Our week is the first week of August (July 31-August 7) and does not fit your timeline but you can't go wrong with Rob and Elle and Virginia and Graham over at Cocktails International who go the last week of July-great hosts and wonderful people.
    If, on the other hand you want to go a little later and see what AWOL's about drop us a line.
    Nick (and the lovely Kitty)tm
    Thank you too.

All types will always be there. You see posts all the time of 20/30 somethings hoping to go when more 20/30 somethings will be there. You see those with scars and extra pounds hoping they won't be the odd one out amongst beautiful 20 somethings. You see various races hoping to go when more of "their" race will be there. Lots of comments here (and on other forums) about "educated professionals" or people trying to find "like-minded" people (whatever that means to them). There are those that want more singles, those that want only couples, those that fear they'll be excluded if they are not swingers, those that think they'll be viewed differently if they "soft swap' only, those that are insecure about their bodies, penis size, fat content, masculinity/femininity, ability to socialize and talk, and those that are young buff and beautiful that hope to find more young buff and beautiful people to play with. All kinds, seeking all kinds. For the most part, it simply doesn't matter. We've lost some fantastic opportunities because we didn't catch on fast enough about how great other couples were because of our blinders or "seeking criteria." We've been burned by people we thought were like us. We've ended up making tremendously great friends who are very dear to us that before the lifestyle we probably would have been afraid to talk to. One of our favorite couples is about 15 years older than us. (We're 45.) We thought we could NEVER play with anyone younger than our son or daughter. Surprise! Point is: everyone will be there in every shape and size and age and whatever. You'll find someone. But don't be surprised if they are WAY different than you ever imagined, or be kicking yourself for not seeing the potential in those that you glossed over because they weren't what you THOUGHT you were looking for. That said, I understand about "take-over" weeks. If you’re not kinky, Kink Week might not be the time for you. If you're not bi, Wild Women Week may change the climate a bit. But even in take-over weeks there's plenty to go around. We don't do kink, but I bet someone from that week could "tone it down" to play with us if they wanted. Venus isn't bi, but I'll be a unicorn would play with us if she wanted to. I don't go looking for BBW, but ...wow! some of those gals are amazing human beings. Ask anyone about Yusuf the iconic blind guy at Hedo. They'll have stories. Age? I've gotten over that. Anyone who's done this for awhile can explain that. Do what you want. Do what you feel comfortable with. My only real caution is that as you seek to find "compatible" people, don't limit yourself (or exclude others). Most cannot do this, but being nekkid helps. That's why everyone is nekkid. No pretense. No clothes. No watches. No wallets. Just you, your skin, and your personality. No worries, mon. One love.
    -- Mars
    Mars, you're right on.
    Hedo is what YOU make of it!! Get naked, smile, mingle, dare to try something different. You'll have the best time of your life, guarantee.
    Have we met??
    Y & V

H3
    March 09
    Nov 09
    March 10
    H2 a start to a new era
    Nov 2010
    March 2011
    Caliente Caribe March 2012
    Freedom of the Seas Nov 2012
    Caliente Caribe March 2013