Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How far walk from OV Prude to Nude Beach?

Quote Originally Posted by jjlj15 View Post
    We are staying in prude GV in July. Not worried about the walk. We wanted to save the money for an extra night.
    I also had a question about rafts. How big is to big. Wife and I found some great rafts and loungers but they seem huge. Also are the rafts used in the pool too?
    Thanks
    See you in July,17-24
    The biggest one I saw looked like a big octagon life raft.(only used in the ocean)

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut162 View Post
    Can a person get sun burn't under a shade tree, or any type of shade?
    Sure thing you can! You can get burnt and burned! Wear sunscreen and reapply often and keep passing....!!!
    Liz & Chris

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut162 View Post
    We always get our rafts from Walmart, we buy extras in the summer months, I don't think Walmart has them out yet, especially here in Michigan.

Here's another question. Can a person get sun burn't under a shade tree, or any type of shade?
    Hey wingnut162...nice to know there are other "Michiganders" going to Hedo. We're going for the first time in July 2010.

Your question about being burnt in shade, the answer is you bet you can, especially from the tropical sun. We take lots of cruises to the Caribbean, and I can tell you from personal experience yes you can get burnt even on cloudy days, or in the shade. It's just a different level of sun than we're used to. Guarantee we will be living with SPF 1,000,000 on when we're there in July.

Hey a question about rafts...so many people said they're buying them. Are you telling me that most of you bring rafts on the airplane with you? Man, in this day of constantly rising baggage fees on planes, I just can't see cramming a bulky and heavy raft (at least heavier than most clothes are) in a suitcase or carry on. But we're newbies to Hedo, so clue me in please...

Registered User hedovirgins2009's Avatar
    I'm packing 2 single rafts this year. All together about 6 lbs. We like to be lazy in the pool so it is worth it to us.

I might not have the cherry anymore, but I still have the box it came in!

Last year Valentine's Week at Hedo II was the most fun I've ever had.
    This year will be our first trip to Hedo III April 23 - May 1 2010.

Correct answer is

It is the perfect distance, it takes just the right amount of time and the walk always results in putting you right where you want to be! No worries.

Have a great trip.

Greg and Lori

Two 50 lbs or less checked bags per person free on international flights from US. A couple of blow up rafts shouldn't be a weight or space problem. We checked one bag with all of our theme night outfits and carried on the plane the remaining few things we needed. We didn't take rafts and didn't need them but I can see that one might. We did take beach towels but they never dried over night so tried to use the resort towels as much as possible and kept ours dry just to lie on.

Quote Originally Posted by HarrynTini View Post
    Two 50 lbs or less checked bags per person free on international flights from US....
    I haven't checked our flight information, but are you sure? Been a while since I flew internationally, so I'm not saying you're wrong. Just seems odd in this day and age of airlines charging for everything.

Sorry...didn't mean to hijack the thread here.

Blog Entries

Yes, International Checked Bags Free

Quote Originally Posted by just ducky View Post
    I haven't checked our flight information, but are you sure? Been a while since I flew internationally, so I'm not saying you're wrong. Just seems odd in this day and age of airlines charging for everything.

Sorry...didn't mean to hijack the thread here.
    We were at Hedo in August and flew Continental. One checked for each of us was free as long as it didn't exceed 50 lbs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by just ducky View Post
    Hey a question about rafts...so many people said they're buying them. Are you telling me that most of you bring rafts on the airplane with you? Man, in this day of constantly rising baggage fees on planes, I just can't see cramming a bulky and heavy raft (at least heavier than most clothes are) in a suitcase or carry on. But we're newbies to Hedo, so clue me in please...
    We've taken the colorful, plastic and cheap rafts sold at Wal-Mart and Target. They don't take up much room at all (about 8in x 8in x 1in or less). You probably won't need them unless it's a very busy week, but taking them is like insurance. At least you'll always know you have one. We never took them out of the plastic pouches in August and left them, brand new, for the housekeeper.

Registered User nething4fun2004's Avatar
    we flew American and 2, 50lb bags were free
    Bill and Sheryl, nething4fun2004 on SLS
    Have been to Hedo and desire a few times
    Couples cruise April 2016

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12