Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What about the ganj?

Talking What about the ganj?

This might be a stupid question, but how easy is it to find ganja? Where would I find it? Who do you ask? We're going to Jamaica for the first time in May and will be staying at breezes across from Hedo (I think). I'd appreciate any input. Thanks!

Ok, I am completely ignorant to what is legal and illegal in Jamaica. I've heard yes & no on pot. I read this post:
    "Illegal Items: All too often, visitors to Jamaica have read and heard that drugs are readily available and are legal in Jamaica. This is not correct! Possession of marijuana (ganja) and other proscribed substances is against the law in Jamaica and, if apprehended with drugs, a visitor will be arrested and jailed. "

Is this true? My husband and I like to smoke, but its not like our trip will be ruined if we don't get to smoke in Jamaica.

I'm just trying to find out what the rules are there. If it is illegal, we won't spend another thought on it (don't want to end up in a Jamaica jail). If it is legal, I would like to know where to find it and how easy it is to get it.

Hey PhishPrend,

I think you will find your answer in the Hedo III Trip Report section. See the thread titled "Wild Womens Wonderful Week". I was thinking the exact same question and stumbled on that report.

As far as you landing in jail, well we might be there together . . . I will wait patiently with you for someone else to also answer this post.

Blog Entries
    I read somewhere on another site that it's available pretty much anywhere you go, but I don't smoke it, so I didn't look any deeper into it. I also saw where the stuff that keeps you awake, revved up and happy was pretty readily available too. The cost was quite high (no pun intended) but available. It seems that sellers just appear and try to sell you a $30 sea shell with seaweed (lol) in it.

Hello, my wife and I went to Jamaica a couple of years ago and it was everywhere,as soon as yo step outside the airport people are trying to sell you ,well just about anything you can imagine,As for it being legal,we asked one of our bartenders and she said that it is not legal but it was ok to smoke as long as your not in public areas.By the way we got ours at our resort ,just felt safer that way.Enjoy jour trip.

My gf and I had just checked into the room...the bellhop was showing us around the room. he asked "anything else you need mon"? he offered to supply ANYTHING we needed...and I mean anything!

It was the safest way, and no probs if you kept to the resort.

anything?!

You will have no problems finding the ganj, but being descret is necessary. Also, I have found that they price it high but can be talked down pretty quickly if you don't act all that interested. Just as a hint!

So for the broad spectrum of party favours...is anyone ever concerned about quality? I mean the price is inflated but hopefully you get what you pay for or....

Quality ganja should be available right at your resort,no it is not legal but it is there and as was atated you can get it much cheaper than they first try to sell it to you for.Do not buy at the airport it may put you in jail.
    critter2
    Delroy's,last trip was Nov.22nd-26th 2013 and then Cliffside Nov.27th-Dec.2nd. Next trip Nov.21-22nd White Sands,Nov23rd-30th Delroys!!
    Bill N Donna

When you get there ...check your room. I was at HII earlier this month and noticed a plastic bag on top of the TV. When I opened it up I was surprised to find enough weed to last me the whole week!!! Previous guests are known to leave it behind because they can't take it home. Other than that ..anyone from the driver from the airport to the watersports guys ...or locals hanging out on the resort boundaries will be able to get you anything you need.
    J & H
    (...not newbies anymore!)

Trip #8 April 5 - 12, 2014

Yes i forgot to mention what Jeff & Heather brought up, check on top of the closet and in the safe also.
    critter2
    Delroy's,last trip was Nov.22nd-26th 2013 and then Cliffside Nov.27th-Dec.2nd. Next trip Nov.21-22nd White Sands,Nov23rd-30th Delroys!!
    Bill N Donna

If we find any in our room, you can have ours, since we don't use it, and can't for obvious reasons. And any cuffs we bring will be for fun, lol.
    Paul + joan
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

I'm assuming all of these responses are from visits to H2 & H3.... what about other resorts? Does anyone know? Is it about the same?

Thanks for your responses! You've been a great help! 3 months and counting til Jamaica!

My ex husband and I went to Sandals Montego Bay. I guess it was 2000. My travel agent told me not to buy at the airport. You can get arrested very easily because they are looking to reduce the trafficking. . She did say wait til we get to the resort. Low and behold... the locals came to us by boat and had it for sale. While you are not supposed to smoke on the resort property, we found several people did. At the time I wasnt a smoker. Now with my fiance... we can be us.. and smoke our brains out. LOL. in a good way...

Adriann

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast